• at Texas-Arlington (Mon. 11/6)
  • at Missouri State (Mon. 11/13)
  • at Texas Tech (Tues. 12/12)
  • at Oklahoma State (Sat. 12/16)
  • at Montana State (Wed. 1/3)

Are we ever going to play at home next season? 🙂 

On the road again....

• Haha 1

Impressive away slate.....the home schedule not so much.....but let's see what's to come......ORU has a lot of winnable games or ones where we should at least be competitive.....hopefully......:tb-white:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Are we ever going to play at home next season? 🙂 

On the road again....

Six at home, six on the road so far; not too shabby.

It'll be interesting to see what TU's team is like this fall. They'll probably be out for blood after the way last year's game went.

Ashton Smith will get to go back and play his former team (Texas A&M).  Maybe he has a few pointers for Coach Springmann and the game planning.  We have been waiting for ORU to play more games in Texas and they have three this year.  Great job by Coach and whoever sets up the schedule!

• Upvote 3

I wonder if Coach Springmann having been more well-traveled as a coach has given him more contacts that help with scheduling? Just a thought. 

16 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Revised 7/12/23:

• TULSA
  • WEBER STATE (Sat. 1/6)
  • TEXAS SOUTHERN
  • NON-D1 #1
  • NON-D1 #2
  • NON-D1 #3
  • at Texas-Arlington (Mon. 11/6)
  • at Missouri State (Mon. 11/13)
  • at Texas A&M (Fri. 11/17)
  • at Texas Tech (Tues. 12/12)
  • at Oklahoma State (Sat. 12/16)
  • at Montana State (Wed. 1/3

THIS IS A GROWN-MAN SCHEDULE.
#IronSharpensIron

Twelve games (assuming the three non D1) on the books.  With the departure of WIU from the Summit, ORU will have 16 home/away games against the other eight teams in the Conference, which adds up to a 28 game schedule so far.  I’d expect that number to increase to 30, so only two more left to finalize, and hopefully one of those at home.  

16 hours ago, titansforever said:

It'll be interesting to see what TU's team is like this fall. They'll probably be out for blood after the way last year's game went.

TU is an interesting situation to monitor. They gutted (I believe) their entire roster save for maybe a walk on. They have an impressive transfer portal resume but upon a deeper look, most of those players either never played or played a handful of mop up minutes. Cobe Williams is a nice pick-up but I'm wondering if his scoring numbers were inflated by playing on a bad LA Tech team. I actually think we have the more proven roster at this point by a decent margin.

To address your message, I wonder if many of the TU players will care at all about ORU. Unless Konkol makes a point to highlight it, they may not know anything about the rivalry. If the game is played early in the year, I like our chances at taking this game. If it's played later in the season it could be interesting...

7 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

If the game is played early in the year, I like our chances at taking this game. If it's played later in the season it could be interesting...

90% of the time this game is played very early in the schedule; first week of December at the latest.

On 7/13/2023 at 4:00 PM, Old Titan said:

90% of the time this game is played very early in the schedule; first week of December at the latest.

Thanks for the information OT. Hope all is well. 

Who cares about TU?....TheEagleman agrees that the game has lost a lot of it's luster but we should beat them anyway....hard to believe the Golden Hurricane will be very good......the 2023-24 schedule is shaping up nicely but would be nice to add another attractive home game.....at least vs. a D-1 school.....but my hopes are not high....still probably six weeks until the finished product is unveiled.....with Max gone....wondering how season ticket sales are progressing??  :shield-logo:

TU will be vastly improved this upcoming season. Hard to get any worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

with Max gone....wondering how season ticket sales are progressing??  :shield-logo:

With the CWS run, the ticket office (and everyone in general) is behind in pushing any season tickets.  I would expect them to start sending those notices out in mid-August when people return from "vacation season".

6 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

TU will be vastly improved this upcoming season. Hard to get any worse.

They should be able to double their number of wins from last season, I would think. 🤣