ORUTerry

49 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Yeah, I sure hope DJ’s energy on that interview isn’t contagious! 😴😬

Weaver is just an easy going guy 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Weaver is just an easy going guy 🤷‍♂️

He has mellowed over the years, that is for sure. 🤣

• Haha 1

i've just always wanted to see these teams in one tournament even if it only offered bragging rights. at one time i thought about OCU but their time has passed since they are more comfortable in a lower class. Go Abe Lemons!!!! lol. imagine the recruits that would come to see everyone in one place

• Upvote 1

Please see what I just posted under Free for All - Prayer for Old Titan.

2 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Please see what I just posted under Free for All - Prayer for Old Titan.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

College Sports Madness has their top 144 college basketball list in progress.  On that list are some of ORU's opponents for next year such as: Missouri State, Texas Southern, and Weber State.  Early scouting report for next season.

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

College Sports Madness has their top 144 college basketball list in progress.  On that list are some of ORU's opponents for next year such as: Missouri State, Texas Southern, and Weber State.  Early scouting report for next season.

Link??? 🙄

I saw Tim Johnson's post that said season ticket order packages are dropping in the mail today. Can the new schedule be far behind? Hope springs eternal!

• Upvote 2

Last year the Summit League announced the basketball schedule on August 3rd but so far it has been crickets this year.  They did say the tournament will be March 8-12th, covering five days.  That would seem to suggest that every team will play and on the first day they will have the 8-9 matchup. 

With Western Illinois leaving, I thought they might go back to just the top 8 teams making the tournament.  In other words, just avoid the 8-9 matchup and ORU should not have a problem with that this year.  The Eagles should have a good shot at being a top 4 team in the Summit League.

Are you guys/ladies getting the email about homecoming?  They have ORU playing Mid-America Christian University for homecoming on November 10th.  Jonathan Alexandre played for them last year.

Mid-America Christian???  Geez....that's a real bummer......not making TheEagleman excited to spend a couple grand to attend the 2023 Homecoming......🤢 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 👎

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Are you guys/ladies getting the email about homecoming?  They have ORU playing Mid-America Christian University for homecoming on November 10th.  Jonathan Alexandre played for them last year.

That makes homecoming so lame!!😦🏀

• Upvote 1

The Eagles have not really had a good homecoming game since 2014, when Obi, Billbury, and company took care of TU.  I am planning on coming to Homecoming since they have some new buildings including: the Mike Carter Athletic Center and Welcome Center.

• Like 1

It's too bad homecoming is in November when families are getting ready for Thanksgiving.  The attendance has been down (at least for out of towners) since they moved it from February.  Plus we don't get a good game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrsSmith said:

It's too bad homecoming is in November when families are getting ready for Thanksgiving.  The attendance has been down (at least for out of towners) since they moved it from February.  Plus we don't get a good game.

Never minded coming in Feb.Part of the highlight was seeing a good game in the mabee ctr

• Like 1

IMO the school is telling the alumni that they really don't care if they come back to campus or not. I know homecoming is about more than a basketball game, but it certainly plays a large part in campus spirit and pride. Just look around campus and they can see the effects the athletics program (basketball and now baseball) has had and is continuing to have on the progress (attendance, new buildings and enrollment increases) as well as the reputation and national attention the university is receiving. They should want as many people as possible to come back and see what has been built on the shoulders of those who have gone before. Personally, I would not be able to attend this year, a friend and I are talking seriously about a trip in 2024. A meaningful/competitive game would, be the perfect time for us to return. It doesn't really matter if homecoming is in November or February. ORU needs to figure out how they can celebrate and engage the alumni who still love the school and what it stands for. A better homecoming experience, I think, would be one really good way to accomplish that.

• Like 2