2023-24 MBB Schedule

ORUTerry

In case you mised it:  ORU's Big Sky home opponent Weber State was a 4-point winner Sunday AT Saint Mary's (yes, THAT Saint Mary's) after trailing most of the game by as many as 16 points.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add.....don't fear Weber State who has now lost to Colgate and Gardner Webb....and St. Marys stinks this season....😛

On 12/3/2023 at 9:44 AM, theeagleman5 said:

Just to add.....don't fear Weber State who has now lost to Colgate and Gardner Webb....and St. Marys stinks this season....😛

I wonder if the portal had anything to do with these results... 🙂 

Grand Canyon beat Liberty tonight on the Flames' home court, snapping Liberty's 20 game home-win streak which was second longest in the country, behind UCLA's 29 game home-win streak.  With the win over Ozark, ORU now slips into the second longest win streak in the USA with 20 consecutive home wins.

Glad to see GCU playing Liberty and to see Liberty traveling to Tulsa last year.  But it seems to me to be a no-brainer that the three like-minded schools with solid MBB programs would ink a multi-year contract with a rotating schedule with a home game and an away game for each during the year.  It would ensure that either Liberty or Grand Canyon would be on the ORU home schedule every year, with a road trip to the other school, and then flip the rotation the following year.  When mid-majors talk about all of the challenges of arranging quality home games, this just makes too much sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Grand Canyon beat Liberty tonight on the Flames' home court, snapping Liberty's 20 game home-win streak which was second longest in the country, behind UCLA's 29 game home-win streak.  With the win over Ozark, ORU now slips into the second longest win streak in the USA with 20 consecutive home wins.

Glad to see GCU playing Liberty and to see Liberty traveling to Tulsa last year.  But it seems to me to be a no-brainer that the three like-minded schools with solid MBB programs would ink a multi-year contract with a rotating schedule with a home game and an away game for each during the year.  It would ensure that either Liberty or Grand Canyon would be on the ORU home schedule every year, with a road trip to the other school, and then flip the rotation the following year.  When mid-majors talk about all of the challenges of arranging quality home games, this just makes too much sense to me.

If he wants, Bryce Drew will be gone from GCU after this season.

Come to think of it, might not be a bad choice for Oklahoma State…

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Couldn't have been said better.

14 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

This is never going to happen - at least with Liberty. We had to pay them last year to get a game and I heard that they told us they would never invite us back there. Not sure what the issues are (theological, recruiting, etc) but I heard that they were emphatic about it. The league decided against adding Grand Canyon a few years ago (thanks Dakota schools!) so I am not sure how they feel about setting up a series of games. 

If it's theological that is silly. I agree these schools should play one another. 

• 2 weeks later...

This was the funniest line:

If there is still a tie following the calculation of margin of victory, the two commissioners will compete in an arm-wrestling contest at the Final Four to determine the champion.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrueBlue82 said:

The most embarrassing statement in the press release (IMHO):

Summit League home games will be available on the Summit League Network (SummitLeagueNetwork.TV), while Big Sky Conference home games will be available to stream on ESPN+.

The Dakota schools and this new commissioner are small time and don’t have a D1 mentality.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

The Dakota schools and this new commissioner are small time and don’t have a D1 mentality.

Yes, but as Assistant Commissioner Ryan Powell gushed in the most recent "Dakotaville" podcast, they sure are excited about that "Big Sky/Summit Challenge" logo & trophy!!  😴