2023-24 MBB Schedule

ORUTerry

That's an awesome road game for the Good Guys....guessing it's not going to be a home/home....sure would be nice to get the Wildcats to come to Mabee in 2024......Image result for kansas state wildcats logo

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

That's an awesome road game for the Good Guys....guessing it's not going to be a home/home....sure would be nice to get the Wildcats to come to Mabee in 2024......Image result for kansas state wildcats logo

It's a guarantee (money) game. 💰

We will have a very challenging schedule this year, for sure.

• Haha 1

I think we knew that ORU would struggle in non conference with all the new faces and bench guys having to step up.  So why not play a tough schedule to prepare for conference play and March when hopefully the team comes together.  These challenging early season games will toughen up the new guys.

On a side note, KState has a really good point guard in Perry and it should be an interesting matchup with McBride.

16 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I think we knew that ORU would struggle in non conference with all the new faces and bench guys having to step up.  So why not play a tough schedule to prepare for conference play and March when hopefully the team comes together.  These challenging early season games will toughen up the new guys.

On a side note, KState has a really good point guard in Perry and it should be an interesting matchup with McBride.

Another side story with the K-State game is that former ORU Interim Head Coach, Rodney Perry, is an assistant on Coach Tang's staff.  I don't know that Rodney has any ill-will towards ORU, but it is still a side-story nonetheless.

Somewhat surprised that ORU has not completed the schedule yet.  They have the conference games and seven road non conference matchups.  So I am guessing that the Eagles are just trying to find some more home games to finish the process.  The only home matchups are Tulsa, Texas Southern and Mid America Christian.  

I heard last week that there were just 2 games to finalize (sign on the dotted line), so I imagine that we'll see something soon. In any event, I've already ordered my season tickets! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice road OOC schedule......pathetic OOC home schedule unless ORU pulls a late surprise......hopefully ticket prices have not increased......🙄

think this is up to date w/confirmed games/dates

• at Texas-Arlington (Mon. 11/6)
  • MID-AMERICAN CHRISTIAN (11/10)
  • at Missouri State (Mon. 11/13)
  • at Texas A&M (Fri. 11/17)
  • TEXAS SOUTHERN (11/21)
  • at Kansas St. (11/28)
  • TULSA (12/2)
  • at Texas Tech (Tues. 12/12)
  • at Oklahoma State (Sat. 12/16)
  • at Montana State (Wed. 1/3)
  • WEBER STATE (Sat. 1/6)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

TheEagleman is ready for some ORU basketball....less than 3 months to go......not gonna win 30 this season but still should be interesting and entertaining with a new head coach/staff and many new players to go with the grizzled vets......still hoping ORU can win 18-20 and compete favorably in the Summit League.....:shield-logo:

• Upvote 2

I just hope we have more than 2 home games in November and more than 1 in December. 

• Upvote 2

Tulsa on a Saturday right before finals should be off the hook!  Hopefully it is a night game and the place will be packed with ORU students.  So we basically know 27 games of the 30 game schedule.  I just hope the other 3 are not non D1 teams in the Mabee Center.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Tulsa on a Saturday right before finals should be off the hook!  Hopefully it is a night game and the place will be packed with ORU students.  So we basically know 27 games of the 30 game schedule.  I just hope the other 3 are not non D1 teams in the Mabee Center.

The 12/2 game with Tulsa is on Championship Saturday - B12, SEC, and ACC football championship games.  The game will probably be played in the afternoon after the Big 12 game (my guess only).

Just lovely..........😬

3 hours ago, ORUalum said:

"Scrimmage game" after finals are done.  It will help the team get back into a rhythm again before playing Texas Tech in Lubbock on the following Tuesday (12/12).

ORU played them last year and Trey put up 30-31 points.  He looked like Stephen Curry! 

I have a feeling the Eagles will play 4 non D1 teams again.  It seems to have been the case for the last 7 years or so.  Did Scott Sutton play a lot of these practice games?  I only remember him doing it in preseason or maybe once a year.

I just don't get it. Bball players don't come to ORU to play patsies. Fans don't want to see pushovers in the MC. I think it is a shame that we can't/won't schedule games against tougher competition.