2023-24 MBB Schedule

ORUTerry

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TWO games on national TV this season.....the Lord has heard our cries!!! :shield-logo:

The Best King GIF by TV Land

Scrimmage against the Bearkats of Sam Houston St. is supposedly scheduled for today.

7 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Scrimmage against the Bearkats of Sam Houston St. is supposedly scheduled for today.

The Eagles are needing so many new guys to step up, so you are going to have some ups and downs.  I am just glad these two secret scrimmages did not count.  The defense is a work in process, giving up 87.  Hopefully they learn from this game and improve in the next two weeks before UT Arlington.

I agree that there isn’t a whole lot to be taken from a scrimmage.

But I would rather not lose by 20 to Sam Houston St. 😄

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Smart man!

Perhaps the proper quote should be:  "I honestly don't think secret scrimmage results could be used to further personal agendas more than they do."

If the proverbial "you" chooses to dismiss anything negative in yet another not-so-veiled attempt at establishing "insider bona fides", then so be it.

Personally, as a poor ol' outsider I agree with Doc that seeing my alma mater on the short-end of a 20-point score on Twitter to a one-bid-leaguer on a neutral court is not my idea of brand building, scrimmage or not.

• Like 1

From what I have seen and heard this is a different team than last year. I would expect some bumps in the road especially the 1st half of the season. We have players with a lot of potential but they are inexperienced and unproven. How quickly they develop and execute Coach Springman’s game plan will determine our success. My recommendation is buckle up because we are in for a roller coaster ride early on this season.

• Upvote 2

TheEagleman is also expecting an up and down season with some tough games during Nov-Dec....wins may be hard to come by except in those non D-1 games and maybe TU and Texas Southern....but have a lot of confidence that Coach Springmann and his staff can develop these guys by January and into the future....ORU basketball is on the right track.....we just have to have some patience....just hoping we can be competitive in the OOC portion of the schedule..... :circle-logoi:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The two teams ORU scrimmaged could very well be the two best defensive teams they play all season. Both North Texas and SHSU were Top 20 in the country last year in defense. Love to see this scheduling strategy by ORU. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone noticed that on the ORU athletics page they have some of the home games listed on the Summit League Sports Network and others on the KGEB local channel?  Just wondering why the change and if out of towners can still watch the KGEB channel, without local cable.  Does anyone know about this? Thanks

It said network error when trying to watch it earlier.

On 10/27/2023 at 3:05 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

Has anyone noticed that on the ORU athletics page they have some of the home games listed on the Summit League Sports Network and others on the KGEB local channel?  Just wondering why the change and if out of towners can still watch the KGEB channel, without local cable.  Does anyone know about this? Thanks

It said network error when trying to watch it earlier.

They should all be on the Summit League Network as well (Midco Sports Plus).  My guess is both should be listed and the omission is just an oversight or user error by whoever is updating ORU's website.

I checked and your game vs Mid-America Christian is on the Summit League Network. 

The streamed games will use the TV feed most likely.

Edited by nodak651
  • Upvote 2