2023-24 MBB Schedule

ORUTerry

Might be time to revive the old ORU Classic.....wouldn't cost much for a field of ORU, Rogers State, UCO and Haskell......😎

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Might be time to revive the old ORU Classic.....wouldn't cost much for a field of ORU, Rogers State, UCO and Haskell......😎

With ORU losing Western Illinois and now having to come up with more non conference games, this is a done deal!  

Sorry local fans that go to the Mabee Center but the Eagles will schedule 4 non D1 teams next year. 

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF Darn it…🫣

oh well…..😂🚨🙃

18 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

With ORU losing Western Illinois and now having to come up with more non conference games, this is a done deal!  

Sorry local fans that go to the Mabee Center but the Eagles will schedule 4 non D1 teams next year. 

Expect A Miracle? 🙂 

For the record I like some of those events for ORU. I don’t like some of the formats such as playing 1 true road game + 2 neutrals. I like an all-neutral event or a destination all-neutral event. 

The discussion earlier in this thread was in regards to specifically the ESPN events and why ESPN would not reach out to ORU specifically. 

But I agree with OT that there are events in the totality of the MTEs that would be very intriguing for ORU to pursue. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

MSU has pockets and I remember when Lindenwood was an NAIA team playing Evangel University.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Will Dr. Obanor wear a jersey with half ORU & half tech? Asking for a friend 😂

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Thanks. Saw this a few days ago here. Just making a joke…..😂😂😂

Edited by Elis Flight Crew

D1 Docket on twitter has ORU and UT Arlington scheduled for Nov. 6th or opening night.  Looks like Coach Springmann will open his career as a head coach in the Dallas area.  That should be an interesting season opener as UTA is coming off an 11-21 season and went heavy into the portal to rebuild their team.

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

D1 Docket on twitter has ORU and UT Arlington scheduled for Nov. 6th or opening night.  Looks like Coach Springmann will open his career as a head coach in the Dallas area.  That should be an interesting season opener as UTA is coming off an 11-21 season and went heavy into the portal to rebuild their team.

I thought UTA owed us a game here in Tulsa.  Could the UTA match up be the Homecoming game for this year?

UTA played ORU at the Mabee in 21 and then last year's return trip to the Dallas area was never rescheduled.  They may not have wanted to face Max and company, with UT Arlington struggling like they did last year.

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

UTA played ORU at the Mabee in 21 and then last year's return trip to the Dallas area was never rescheduled.  They may not have wanted to face Max and company, with UT Arlington struggling like they did last year.

Ah, yes!  How could I forget?? 🤷‍♂️  I guess we'll need to travel to Arlington. 

8 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

UTA played ORU at the Mabee in 21 and then last year's return trip to the Dallas area was never rescheduled.  They may not have wanted to face Max and company Maverick transfer Patrick Mwamba, with UT Arlington struggling like they did last year.

Fixed ^^^^

• Haha 2

On 7/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, Bogus Smith said:

Ah, yes!  How could I forget?? 🤷‍♂️  I guess we'll need to travel to Arlington. 

Come on down Bogus.  I'd be happy to coordinate a pregame meal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Come on down Bogus.  I'd be happy to coordinate a pregame meal.

Add me to the list….😂🫣😆

• Haha 1