Coaching Carousel 2012

Old Titan

Zengler at Central Michigan was fired Wednesday morning. His son who is a sophomore is the star player.

obviously sittler is not very plugged in. i read on the TU message board that they have already hired coach sutton and they are just waiting for ORU to lose in the NIT.

seriously though, i think this is the year he moves on. i'm just not convinced it's TU.

So on a complete tangent, what color would you like the new chairs to be?

How did I miss a decorating post? Because of all of the people who let their children stand in the chairs with dirty shoes (do they let them do that at home?), plus the adults that step on them (rather than walk around) and spills, I would say blue, but please just re upholster, because they are so comfy.

obviously sittler is not very plugged in. i read on the TU message board that they have already hired coach sutton and they are just waiting for ORU to lose in the NIT.

seriously though, i think this is the year he moves on. i'm just not convinced it's TU.

Can't imagine the stars aligning so neatly again anytime soon for so many jobs that might interest Scott Sutton: Tulsa, Southern Illinois, SMU, Nebraska, and possibly Wichita State (if Marshall goes to South Carolina).

All those schools have to hire somebody...how many other D-1 coaches with 13 years of experience and 6 post-season appearances are out there that those schools can attract and/or afford?

I agree. The handwriting seems to be on the wall more than ever.

I didn't realize this & I'm from Nebraska - This is a problem, Nebraska has played in the NCAA tournament six times in 74 years. All-time tournament victories: zero.

http://www.cbssports...ower-hoops-game

And that was 70+ years in the Big 8/Big XII - now, they're facing a step up in top-to-bottom quality in the Big Ten.

Nebraska basketball is like Indiana football: great school; wrong sport.

ORU/TU discussion on OSU message board

Heard this floating around....Suttons to Tulsa and ORU brings in Brooks Thompson (Reliable person told me this one...also said Thompson would bring on Rutherford as an assistant due to recruiting ties..Rutherford at Murray State-Tish right now) For what its worth.

Nothing more than hearsay.

No offense to anyone from Nebraska, but that job is a coaching graveyard. Danny Nee went there from Ohio University thinking he would win a national title. Sometime towards the end of his stay there he made the comment that he should have stayed at Ohio because his chances were better at Ohio to win a national title. After he left Nebraska his next gig was at that basketball powerhouse - Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh. Oh and by the way, he is now an assistant at Rutgers. Just sayin.

Brooks Thompson isn't leaving a low mid-major job at a school moving from the Southland to the WAC, just to take another low mid-major job at a school that would put him BACK in the Southland.

Haha! That's really funny to think about! I'm sure you're absolutely right.

It just shows that what you should believe are the words coming from an AD in a press conference, and very little else.

• Upvote 1

Rick Stansbury "retiring" from Mississippi State - not sure about the details on that one. He seems awful young to be retiring - family concerns?

That's another job where it's proven difficult to be successful for very long. Could it have some impact around here? Hard to say.

You have to wonder about what will happen (if anything) to Haith at Missouri concerning his tenure at Miami. There sure is a lot of smoke billowing from his time at Miami. I guess winning covers a multitud of (possible) sins.

Link

Former Indiana coach Mike Davis has been fired again - this time from Alabama-Birmingham, of Conference USA.

Again, not sure if this dismissal directly affects anyone in our neck of the woods, but it is yet another domino that could eventually have a ripple effect in these parts.

(All you linguists out there: are you impressed with my proper usage of "affect", and "effect", in the same sentence? I know I am.)

Former Indiana coach Mike Davis has been fired again - this time from Alabama-Birmingham, of Conference USA.

Again, not sure if this dismissal directly affects anyone in our neck of the woods, but it is yet another domino that could eventually have a ripple effect in these parts.

(All you linguists out there: are you impressed with my proper usage of "affect", and "effect", in the same sentence? I know I am.)

I would be more impressed if the first part of your compound sentence had a subject and a verb.

• Upvote 1