Coaching Carousel 2012

Old Titan

Bas,

It is going to be interesting to see what happens after all the details come out. Clarkson is a nice player but not a All Big 12 type of guy as Amie is telling everyone on the Texas site. Not sure exactly why Parmley is putting up such a big fight.

Losing McCellan also is not great. Going to be a long year for Manning but i think he and his staff will do a good job at TU. They have good recruiters and Manning can get them in on better prospects.

On Harrison he is a very good athlete who doesn't shoot it very well but may end being a player. Could use a redshirt. Bilsbury the kid ORU redshirted is better at this stage right now i think.

Illinois State was 21-14 last year and won 1 game in the NIT. They lost in the finals of the MVC tournament to Creighton (in OT I believe) or would have been in the NCAA tournament. That is a pretty good job since they have been pretty successful over the last 5 years. I guess the coaching carousel isn't quite over yet.

Illinois State was 21-14 last year and won 1 game in the NIT. They lost in the finals of the MVC tournament to Creighton (in OT I believe) or would have been in the NCAA tournament. That is a pretty good job since they have been pretty successful over the last 5 years. I guess the coaching carousel isn't quite over yet.

After doing a little research, Jason, I might add that, with a young team, they lost in the NIT in OT to eventual NIT winner Stanford. Sounds like a team with a lot of potential.

Sounds like a plum waiting to be picked . . . :nerd:

It will be interesting to hear whether Scott is interested in this job. It's an MVC school with some tradition. He turned down an offer to go to Peoria, but would he turn down an offer to go to Normal (what is normal these days, anyway??)? :?:

First off, Titan, I never said you guys offered, just relayed that he had reported that he had heard from ORU. He also reported hearing from Mo. State, but the others were somewhat smaller schools. Also, we both know that just because one school passes on a kid means nothing about how that kid will pan out. Mr. Green is a perfect example that went in your guys favor. I am hearing from a lot of respected coaches and recruiting analysts that this kid really grew up this past season. they also admit that he does need to work on his outside shot, but that he should develope into a really good get for wherever he ends up. We'll see.

Now that the Clarkson debacle is over, I think I can say that my suspicions were pretty close, if not dead on. The only differenc between where we were at this time last week in the saga, and today, is that TU agreed to cut the restricted list from 5 schools to 4. And the school that Amie was pimping, Texas, was not one of them.

Add to that Mr. Clarksons reversal of the manner he spoke about TU and the way they were dealing on this. For instance, the statement to the affect that both parties left the table with their dignities and reputations intact. Also, they came ready to do battle, but came away with very little, One additional school and their dignity.

I'm convinced by these things that TU was right in their stance, and they had everything they needed to change Mr. Clarkson's position from one of the victim of a wrongful abuse of the NCAA transfer rules, to one where they agree that this settlement is in the best interest of both parties.

An out of control parent is set straight, and is now a problem for where ever his son can end up. I think that most of the schools interested in young Clarkson will look closely at this situation. What they may find is that this could be their version of the Rotnie Clarke saga that we all know so well.

Next season will likely have us playing you guys with only one starter back from last season. Kodi Maduka is likely done with Basketball. So, the game between us just became a toss-up, with a slight advantage to ORU due to their experience. I still think it will be a great game to watch, as it always is, and am looking forward to watching this one unfold.

Sorry to hear about Finkbeiner. I really liked his coaching style, too. Hope you guys can pick up another great coach there.

You guys have Baseball to occupy your summer, I think I need to take up fishing again to take my mind off of the "What ifs" that will be coming up.

Enjoy the "off season" .

I am hearing from a lot of respected coaches and recruiting analysts that this kid really grew up this past season. ... We'll see.

LOL - yes, we WILL see.

Because I've heard he has "redshirt" written all over him.

And, since we do have all off-season to discuss, PLEASE explain to me how an ORU team with 3 returning starters in Warren Niles, Damen Bell-Holter and Steven Roundtree (Roundtree started almost every game two seasons ago as a freshman, before accepting 6th-man duty to make room for returning-medical-casualty-and-senior Michael Craion), AND with a transfer at the wing in Shawn Glover who was said by many to be the the best offensive player on the floor last year in practices, AND with a veteran coaching staff, AND coming off a 27-win season, AND playing at HOME, is somehow "a toss-up, with a slight advantage due to their experience" against a TU squad with ONE returning starter, from a 17-14 team, with a new coach in what should be around his 10th game at the helm, and his first Mayor's Cup?

That's pretty funny... :rofl:

Great points by OT in his post above.....revised Eagleman prediction for the Mayors Cup game in December......ORU 100.....TU 49.......... :devil:

LOL, Just trying to get in some good natured jabs OT. No harm intended.

If ya giggled just a little, my job here is done.

:D

Bas you are exactly right on Clarkson as his dad played the Tx board like a fiddle n now won't return any calls. Glad TU called his bluff. Manning will get it turned around there as he has a good staff also. Next yr will be rough for them.

Getting back on thread topic: has anyone been able to find anything newsworthy regarding the coaching search at Illinois State?

I can't anything on Google about it; I can't even find their fan message board...

I have encountered the same thing - very interesting that they apparently do not have a message board. Must speak to the lack of interest in the basketball program.

What else do they have worth following? Don't recall them ever doing anything noteworthy in any other sport.

They have a great tradition in basketball from back in the '70's, when longtime NBA veteran and current Philadelphia coach Doug Collins played there.

Those are for the Illini (University of Illinois) and not Illinois State.

TheEagleman fondly recalls the great ORU-Illinois St. game at Mabee Center in 1973 with featured All Americans Doug Collins and Richard Fuqua going head to head.....by the way.....Congrats on 8,000 posts, OT.....most of them have been excellent!.... ;-) .......also 8,200 posts for Terry.....you guys along with TMH have really set the standard for this board......TheEagleman has a long way to go in quantity and quality of my posts...... :wasntme: