Coaching Carousel 2012

Old Titan

No mention of Scott Sutton on Illinois State boards - thx for the link, tmh!

I read somewhere that Jankovich doubled his salary to 700k with the job at SMU. I think by paying Coach Sutton as well as they do, ORU has priced him out of a lot of mid-major jobs.

That whole "coach-in-waiting" thing always works out so well for everyone involved: Sean Sutton at OSU and Pat Knight at Texas Tech can attest to that - or, in football, Will Muschamp at Texas.

With all the odds and ends added up....Does Scott Sutton make anywhere close to $500K???...... :nerd:

With all the odds and ends added up....Does Scott Sutton make anywhere close to $500K???...... :nerd:

In a word....Nope (but it's closer to $500K than you and me).

• Upvote 1

yes, you can see his pay progression from 2001 to 2009. ORU has stepped up big time to keep him...LINK

I couldn't help but snicker when I read this:

Manning Names Wendell Moore As Golden Hurricane Third Assistant Coach (Tulsa World)

Here's what made me laugh: Moore has spent the past four years as an assistant coach at UMKC.

"BLAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i thought that was Shea Seals' spot. didn't he already quit his job at BTW? Shea Seals to ORU???

So....one week after being hired....Larry Brown meets with his players and tells four of them (including one of the captains) that they are not good enough to play for him.....and the fun begins.....LB won't last more than two seasons at SMU....maybe one season.....once again, Larry is all about Larry......enjoy Mustang fans..... |(

Nice career move for Wendell.

I figure, whether he was in charge of X's and O's for the 'Roos (and we haven't lost to UMKC in years), or in charge of their recruiting (and we haven't lost a recruit to them in years, either - especially IN KANSAS CITY), either way I'm having a hard time being impressed by this hire for TU.

But, it's all OK, because reportedly, Shea Seals, late of Booker T., is coming to save the day - as Director of Student-Athlete Development & Team Manager (the only remaining opening on the staff).

• Upvote 1

What's the relationship between Manning and Wendell?

What's the relationship between Manning and Wendell?

Other than nobody has a clue whether or not they can coach a lick?

Seals is now expected to take a position at TU as Director of Student Developement. Same position Manning started out @ Kansas.

So, that means no Juwan Parker, as TU cannot recruit him for two years.

*Edited: Sorry, how my iPad got "Affairs" out of what I typed is beyond me. But Titan had it posted before I did any way.

That Larry Brown thing is all sorts of crazy. Does anyone, outside of SMU obviously, think Brown OR Janko will be successful with SMU in the Big East?

Larry Brown is a total joke at this point....he was done after he won the NBA title in Detroit....he gave a half-a$$ed effort with the Knicks and even less in Charlotte.....he won't last long at SMU and it will take some serious dollars to buy him out when he does leave....LB is all about the dollars.....SMU should have their heads examined for hiring this guy at 71...... :!:

It may end up in a train wreck at SMU but the talent level will increase noticeably these next couple of yrs. He has 2 incredible recruiters and WWW will send him a few to keep him happy also. The DFW AAU scene is known for having their hands out. Those players that Baylor has been getting will end up at SMU. It will shocking to see the players that end up there. The Big East won't be the same conference as the teams start leaving the next couple of yrs. I still can't believe that Jankovich is getting $800,000 per year to be coach in waiting!

Brown and his guys were at an AAU this past week and all the Texas kids took notice and parents were stopping to say hi. I agree with Eagle that Brown is in it just for the $$ but he can coach and he has the recruiters so they will be improved very quickly. It is good for TU that they are leaving.