Coaching Carousel 2012

Old Titan

I didn't know that Sean has a son at SMU. Does he?

SMU is a nice school, nice city, not too far away.

Sorry about that. I thought his kids were younger - and I relied on Wikipedia. Foiled again!

I didn't know that Sean has a son at SMU. Does he?

SMU is a nice school, nice city, not too far away.

Unless his 14 year old is a savant, Sean does not have a child at SMU.

Sean's oldest son is a freshman in college...

LOL - great to see "Former SID" back in the fold, proof-checking our posts.

Like a virtual spider perched in our little corner of The Web, he waits patiently for each morsel of misinformation to fall his way.

And, of course, he never has to wait very long...

Sutton to SMU?.....could happen.....TheEagleman thinks Head Coach Hankins has a nice ring to it..... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

SMU panicked when TCU hired Johnson and gave him all that $$ and starting offering $2 million to Buzz and Majerus and such. After they turned them down now they are back to their original list. Scott is on that list. That is a tough job but if you can get a few of the DFW kids and get the AAU coaches on your side then it can be a good job.

SMU panicked when TCU hired Johnson and gave him all that $$ and starting offering $2 million to Buzz and Majerus and such. After they turned them down now they are back to their original list. Scott is on that list. That is a tough job but if you can get a few of the DFW kids and get the AAU coaches on your side then it can be a good job.

I say if someone can win at Baylor, or Xavier, or St. Louis, or Wichita State, or Butler, then they can win at SMU. The players are right there in the Metroplex.

Just takes the right coach to get 'em in and coach 'em up.

You can win there but goodness dealing with the AAU coaches in the DFW area is not a fun thing. Baylor has done a good job of getting those kids.Of course they are getting their hand slapped for violations also. So there is that.

Students don't go to games and not a great fan base at all. The quality of the home schedule is getting ready to be much better though!

"The guy who wants the job and will probably get the job is Scott Sutton. He won't win the press conference, but he's a good coach." Chuck Cooperstein refering to the SMU basketball job today on the Coop and Nate show.

If Scott were to be offered the SMU job, I don't see him going there without Sean. Hold on to your hats Golden Eagle fans, this ride is getting really interesting.