Coaching Carousel 2012

Old Titan

The story says that CSU (or their search firm) has a plane that has been tracked to various locations. There are evidently five candidates and Scott Sutton appears to be one of them.

excerpt:

"The plane left Las Cruces on Saturday morning for Tulsa, Okla., where Oral Roberts University is located. Oral Roberts coach Scott Sutton, the son of former Arkansas and Oklahoma State coach Eddie Sutton, is believed to be a candidate for the CSU job."

There's talk today about Scott and CSU. (See page 2)

http://www.coloradoa...ext%7CFRONTPAGE

LOL - I was REALLY hoping nobody else would notice this story.

But, hey - it wouldn't be the "Coaches Carousel" without at least one good "private-charter-plane-tracking" story, now would it?

Rumor has it the job pays upwards of $750,000 a year - that would go a long way in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Goodman at CBS is reporting that CSU will make a decision today - and does not list Sutton as one of the finalists.

I guess they could surprise everyone.

"This Colorado State search coming to an end - maybe as soon as tonight. Eustachy, Menzies, Rahe, Dunlap and Craig Neal."

Scott Drew won't get canned because he's winning.....TheEagleman isn't surprised at the violations.....isn't it just amazing how the Baylor sports programs have all risen from the ashes recently?..... |(

While I think the timing is interesting I'm pretty sure Baylor didn't get Perry Jones III or Brittany Griner because of a few phone calls or text messages. But where there's smoke...

And I agree Scott Drew and Kim Mulkey won't get canned over this even though it is alleged that both of them participated in some of the impermissable communication. There's a lot bigger fish to fry in NCAA Division I athletics than one to many "#BaylorMensBBall would be a great place for you to spend the next 4 years". I'm waiting for the next report out of Lexington and Syracuse.

I was teasing, it was late and I forgot to add the ;) .

But in all fairness to Scott, it's more like he didn't want TU...IMO

I agree about 90%. The other 10 was he felt like he was getting jerked around.

Otis, my man.....I agree with you....bigger fish to fry out there in NCAA land than Baylor....and TheEagleman doesn't see Scott Sutton going to Colorado State.....not much of a step up and who wants to live in Fort Collins, CO?...... :nerd:

Bas,

Heard anything on Clarkson at all? Same guy as on your site swears he is transferring to TX as soon as school is done this spring. I assuming it is his dad or AAU coach telliing this guy all of this.

I really like the staff that Manning has put together. If he can keep Clarkson i think they will be pretty good next year.

There is a report on the boards today that JC tweeted that he was about to have his first 1 on 1 with the new staff. So, I would imagine everything will be known within the next 24-48 hours.

And, yeah, it seems like his dad got a little freaked at both Cason and Wojick being gone within 15 months of each other and got a little "The Sky is Falling" on everything. Doesn't help that the Tx AAU guy, named Amie, has been in the families ear telling them how TU is going to crumble and be "rebuilding", etc.

It's messed up, but I think JC will make up his own mind. and if he really wants to be groomed for the NBA, what better guy is there than DM?

...I think JC will make up his own mind. and if he really wants to be groomed for the NBA, what better guy is there than DM?

Rhetorical question, right?

We'll see...

Not sure I understand the transferring to Tx as the KU offense is built for that type of guard. At Tulsa he is the guy at Tx he is just another guy. I think he is a nice player but not an all big 12 kid. Of course the AAU guy is saying he is a pro! They are saying its done . That will cripple TU team next yr.

If someone in the administration vetoed Ernie Kent - how could they justify firing Larry Eustacy (who is rumored to be the next leading candidate)?

Larry Eustachy has paid his penance with several strong years at Southern Miss - good for him moving on to Colorado State.

The weird thing is that, once the dust settles in the MWC/CUSA meger, the two schools will be in the same league.

Now, the question is whether Scott Sutton (or even Sean Sutton?) will be in the mix at Southern Miss, or maybe at St. Louis, should Rick Majerus take the SMU gig.

SMU has received permission to talk to Rick Majerus . The Dallas Morning News is reporting that SMU is willing pay Rick the Pick $2MM to come to the hilltop. (The DMN website is down or I would provide you a link). That's a lot of cabbage to try to help the Ponies become relevant in the Big East.

It makes you wonder why the Kent hire was blocked at the last minute. He also had some ethics issues while at Oregon. I guess they figured the Eustacy had served enough pennance in Hattiesburg. It does appear to be a bit odd.

Bobby Petrino is available cheap if anyone is interested....oh yeah....wrong sport..... :nerd:

Majerus turned down SMU this morning - so the Ponies are back to square one.

with Majerus turning down SMU, Scott Sutton's name seems to be picking up some momentum on twitter with some DWF media types.

LINK

LINK