Coaching Carousel 2012

Old Titan

Coachwilkerson, with all due respect, 9 years in Bristol and the right job never comes up? Could you tell us some of the jobs that he has turned down? In that time a number of jobs in the central time zone have become available and, frankly, there have been a number of bad hires.

I certainly didn't mean to strike a nerve but I guess I did. I have no bone to pick with him. I agree that he's a nice guy and says nice things when he calls our games but his track record isn't that great. In a story about his departure from New Mexico, the New York Times described his final season as "a season marked by player discord, fan discontent and a record barely over .500." He did seem to do pretty well in his second season at St. John's but was reportedly dismissed because the school felt he was already looking for his next job. His record in 2 years was .593.

I don't know if the guy is a good coach or not. However, when a guy is in the booth for this long I tend to weigh in with the people who do this for a living and haven't hired the guy.

CBS Sports is reporting that Bruce Weber (new head coach at Kansas State) has hired Chris Lowery (former head Coach - along with Weber - at Illinois State).

Reports indicate that TCU is going to sign the current coach at LSU - Trent Johnson. Interesting choice given that Johnson's record at LSU is mediocre.

It sounds like ORU has dodged another bullet this off season. I'm really excited to have a Coach Sutton back for at least one more year.

Also read where Self is trying to get Norm Roberts to replace Manning on his staff. I think that would be an upgrade for Self.

Scott Sutton + ORU = Perfect Together..... :up: ... :eagles:

Reports indicate that TCU is going to sign the current coach at LSU - Trent Johnson. Interesting choice given that Johnson's record at LSU is mediocre.

It's really unusual how this particular line of coaching dominoes fell:

1. Illinois fires Bruce Weber - understandable.

2. Illinois then hires mid-major coach John Groce from Ohio - again, par for the course.

3. Now, here's where it starts gettin' weird: Big XII-bound TCU loses their (albeit mediocre) head coach Jim Christian to the mid-major Ohio. Don't see that sort of thing every day.

4. Then, SEC athletic powerhouse LSU in turn loses their (also underachieving) head coach Trent Johnson to Power-6 newbie TCU. Another odd turn of events: when was the last time an SEC coach left voluntarily for a private school with minimal basketball history or prospects?

I guess this course of "de-evolution" can mean only one thing: LSU must now hire a current NBA coach.

Anybody got Stan Van Gundy's cell phone number?

If TU didn't want Scott, glad to see that he may be staying in Tulsa. Great news for ORU!

Let the rivalry continue!!!!

If TU didn't want Scott, glad to see that he may be staying in Tulsa. Great news for ORU!

Let the rivalry continue!!!!

Nice jab.

I like to give Bas the benefit of the doubt, so I won't take his post as a jab.

Nice jab.

Not a jab at all.

Yeah, I am a TU fan first & foremost, but I am not like the TU fans you'll find on the TU boards. I really like ORU. Scott staying is good for ORU and good for our two teams rivaly games.

Manning's addition of Missouri State assistant Steve Woodberry brings total number of former KU guys now at TU to four-of-four (including Danny).

How long till "Lawrence South" unveils the inevitable Jayhawk look-alike uni's, and the new "Rock Chalk Hurricane" cheer?

Manning's addition of Missouri State assistant Steve Woodberry brings total number of former KU guys now at TU to four-of-four (including Danny).

How long till "Lawrence South" unveils the inevitable Jayhawk look-alike uni's, and the new "Rock Chalk Hurricane" cheer?

LOL.

Wouldn't be hard to do. TU's colors are officially Blue, Gold with White and Red highlights. So all we'd need to do is switch some of them around.

As to the "Lawrence South" staff, there is some rumblings that one more AC could have KU ties as well. We'll see. But nearly everyone at TU wants to see Seals become his 4th assistant. HE has appointed 2 AC's and a DOBO. He negotiated for 4 AC's plus the DOBO, so he still has 2 spots to fill.

I expect his staff will be intact by the end of this week. But, if Seals is a staff member, that may have to wait until his TPS contract is up at the end of May/early June.

Bas,

Heard anything on Clarkson at all? Same guy as on your site swears he is transferring to TX as soon as school is done this spring. I assuming it is his dad or AAU coach telliing this guy all of this.

I really like the staff that Manning has put together. If he can keep Clarkson i think they will be pretty good next year.

Not a jab at all.

Yeah, I am a TU fan first & foremost, but I am not like the TU fans you'll find on the TU boards. I really like ORU. Scott staying is good for ORU and good for our two teams rivaly games.

I was teasing, it was late and I forgot to add the ;) .

But in all fairness to Scott, it's more like he didn't want TU...IMO

Scott Drew won't get canned because he's winning.....TheEagleman isn't surprised at the violations.....isn't it just amazing how the Baylor sports programs have all risen from the ashes recently?..... |(

Well if Scott Drew is shown the door there is another squeaky clean coach in the Midwest whose name was thrown around for the TU job who just might be who it would take to come in and clean up that Baylor program...

Bryce Drew of course. :)