Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

For those of us that never enjoyed the on-campus experience during our tenure at ORU, could you please explain "Howard Run"?

And, once again, the Rotnei Clarke thread veers into the ditch... :lol:

How else would we keep this sucker alive for 155 days, 577 posts and 14117 views, and counting?? :-o

For those of us that never enjoyed the on-campus experience during our tenure at ORU, could you please explain "Howard Run"?

howard1.jpg

Howard Auditorium, located near Timko Barton and Christ's Chapel, has pretty unique architecture (like everything else at ORU), and it's shaped roughly like a circle. On the outside, the way that it is built results in a series of several (I'd guess 6 or so?) arches that, if you're quick and careful, you can run up, over, and down while running around Howard Auditorium.

Several variations of the Howard Run exist, such as doing the run in nothing but your socks. If you ever did the Howard Run, it would be at least a $50 fine if you were caught by security.

Another Howard auditorium story, completely unrelated to Rotnei Clarke (but, hey - he's signing with Arkansas, so who gives a rip?)

When I was in school in the early Eighties, the ORU golf team was rated among the best in the country.  They also knew how to have a good time.  One of their tamer activites involved strolling over to the Avenue of Flags after dinner, teeing up rows of golf balls in the grass just behind where the Praying Hands are now, and peppering Howard Auditorium with rapid-fire short irons, while hundreds of unassuming freshmen were taking their Humanities tests inside.

It was a lot of fun to behold - looked like a scene from M*A*S*H, watching them seriously critique their shots as they caused a mini-hailstorm on the metal roof.  From what I heard from the victims inside, the resulting cacophony was spectacular.

Good times; good times....  :mrgreen:

Another Howard auditorium story, completely unrelated to Rotnei Clarke (but, hey - he's signing with Arkansas, so who gives a rip?)

When I was in school in the early Eighties, the ORU golf team was rated among the best in the country.  They also knew how to have a good time.  One of their tamer activites involved strolling over to the Avenue of Flags after dinner, teeing up rows of golf balls in the grass just behind where the Praying Hands are now, and peppering Howard Auditorium with rapid-fire short irons, while hundreds of unassuming freshmen were taking their Humanities tests inside.

It was a lot of fun to behold - looked like a scene from M*A*S*H, watching them seriously critique their shots as they caused a mini-hailstorm on the metal roof.  From what I heard from the victims inside, the resulting cacophony was spectacular.

Good times; good times....  :mrgreen:

The golfers could also chip out their athletic dorm windows onto the putting green outside.  I always thought that was cool.

Oh how i love hearing stories of great fun...lol. running naked, interupting humanities with golf balls (well interupting humanities with anything for that matter) anyone else got good stories?

Oh how i love hearing stories of great fun...lol. running naked, interupting humanities with golf balls (well interupting humanities with anything for that matter) anyone else got good stories?

Hey, I lived in the Athletic Dorm for four years - I have enough for a freaking BOOK!  :-D

....now back to our regularly scheduled programming!!

Any predictions on the announcement tonight?  Well, thank you for asking!!  I'll bite....

I will predict that Rotnei has three baseball caps lined up for OSU, Arkansas and ORU on a coffee table in a "You Make The Call" type of set.  After Ruben asks Rotnei how the decision process has been and a little chit-chat, Rotnei will reach over and grab the Golden Eagles hat and put it on to signify his choice.

Anyone else which to predict the outcome for tonight?

Do you think anyone will be there with Rotnei: Kelly Conley etc?

We do know that God will be there with him as he makes his decision.

....now back to our regularly scheduled programming!!

Any predictions on the announcement tonight?  Well, thank you for asking!!  I'll bite....

I will predict that Rotnei has three baseball caps lined up for OSU, Arkansas and ORU on a coffee table in a "You Make The Call" type of set.  After Ruben asks Rotnei how the decision process has been and a little chit-chat, Rotnei will reach over and grab the Golden Eagles hat and put it on to signify his choice.

Anyone else which to predict the outcome for tonight?

I hope there's no funny business if he does do the hat selection thing, such as reach for one at first and then go to another one.... that would be too much to handle...

I'm going with Oklahoma State ... OR, he may defer until the Spring signing period.  I will be surprised, pleasantly I might add, if he announces a commitment to ORU tonight.  He may shock us all and announce for TU since their sophomore point guard (Mark Hill) left the team earlier this week.   :|

Hey, I lived in the Athletic Dorm for four years - I have enough for a freaking BOOK!  :-D

I'm ready to lend a hand, whenever you're ready.

Terry - do you REALLY believe it's the Hogs, or are you just trying to protect yourself from the emotional stress of losing a prized recruit?

I'm going with Oklahoma State ... OR, he may defer until the Spring signing period.  I will be surprised, pleasantly I might add, if he announces a commitment to ORU tonight.  He may shock us all and announce for TU since their sophomore point guard (Mark Hill) left the team earlier this week.   :|

OSU would definitely be a surprise, since they are in Hawaii right now - RC could have announced earlier in the signing period when Sean Sutton was around to comment.  He also skipped a couple of recent Cowboy games in Stillwater that he reportedly was going to attend.  Plus, would have to imagine he might have involved OSU beat writer Bill Haisten in any announcement involving the Pokes, but rumor has it the Clarkes have tired of Haisten of late.

Who knows?  Heck, it could be TU for all we know - now THAT would be something!!  :-o

Last set of percentages, T minus 150 minutes and counting:

TU - 1%

OU - 2%

Gonzaga - 3%

ORU - 4%

Wait till spring - 10%

Arkansas - 80%