Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

I figured since for a lot of the information throughout this thread started as "rumors" with even a lil truth too them. 

...and I figure you're giving some folks on here WAY too much credit!

Like my ol' grandpappy used to say:  "Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story."  :wink:

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

...and I figure you're giving some folks on here WAY too much credit!

Like my ol' grandpappy used to say:  "Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story."  :wink:

Cant argue with that. a good story is a good story, gotta just sit back and enjoy it!  :mrgreen: I just love that smiley face with the fro....can we make it a maniac trademark? ( i just like it) lol

Anybody out there (ORU fan or otherwise) planning on attending the Verdigris tip-off event tonight to give us a report?

I'm planning on planting my big butt in front of the TV and watching OU/Texas Tech run up and down the field all night...  :-D

Does anybody know what time this thing actually is?  Someone emailed these times to me earlier this week - if they are correct it will all be over early:

10:00 Jenks vs. Verdigris

11:15 Jenks vs. Beggs

12:30 Union vs Verdigris

1:45 Union vs. Beggs

Want to make sure folks aren't confusing two different events:  the Jenks preview/fundraiser event is Saturday morning and early afternoon; the Verdigris tip-off event is tonight in Verdigris...

It's all getting so confusing - will we know anything more by tomorrow morning than we know right how?  I've heard from two different sources that he was going to announce at the deal in Jenks.  But it would make more sense for him to announce tonight in Verdigris.  However, there was some thought that he might be announcing at Jenks because Keiton Paige was going to be there, but then Pawnee pulled out, and . . . I . . . think . . . I'm . . . losing  . . .IT!  Here is a representation of my emotions through this whole deal:  :-D:-(:?:x:evil::roll::wink::oops::cry::?:-D:wink::-o:x:|:-):?  And that's just been this morning . . .                                                                 

Why would he even announce tonight with so much football and college basketball to compete for "air time" in the media?  It may make more sense to announce at school on the Tuesday before everyone gets out for Thanksgiving.  There would be no competition in the media from other sports, you get to make the announcement in front of your friends (probably in an assembly setting) and you're able to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday (he has to do that anyway since the last day for signing early is Wednesday). 

If RC decides for ORU, it will certainly add a different "air" for the game with La-La.

Please, DO throw another wrinkle into the deal, Bogus.  We all want to be kept guessing a few more days!  I keep telling myself I just don't care any more, but I'm having a hard time putting my words into action.

Kelly Clarke, his coach and uncle, said on The Sports Animal Thursday that it would be tonight in Verdigris, or perhaps not at all this fall.  Deadline for LOI's to be signed and faxed in is Wednesday, I think...

Kelly Clarke, his coach and uncle, said on The Sports Animal Thursday that it would be tonight in Verdigris, or perhaps not at all this fall.  Deadline for LOI's to be signed and faxed in is Wednesday, I think...

You're right that Wednesday is the last day for the early signing period, OT.  Regardless of what Uncle Kelly says to the media, RC has proven to be his own man.  I think RC wants this thing to be over, but only on his terms....  :lol:

So, will we know tonight - or will we have to wait for the fishwrap in the morning?  Do we know of any insiders that are in Verdigris tonight?