Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

Here's a curious clip from the article...

? It was almost packed out, but obviously these two schools are great and unbelievable atmospheres. It would be great to play at either one of them.? Clarke said narrowing his list from approximately 30 schools to three has made the recruiting process easier. ?I?ve seen everything I needed to see,? he said. ?I think it?s getting a lot clearer.? Clarke said he hopes to make his decision on the first day of the early signing period, which runs from Nov. 14-21.

He says that "these two schools are great" and that it would be great to play at "either one of them".... but he's narrowed the list to 3???  Does something here not make sense - or am I reading too much into this?  Which two schools is he talking about, and why is there no mention of the third?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

We shouldnt really assume or read into anything... but my optimistic head is thinking "Rotnei is coming to ORU and as a consolation is saying how great it would be to play at either OSU or Arkansas - but he wont get the chance to since it's 'clear' that he wants to be a Golden Eagle"

I was thinking exactly along the lines of what Ting said. And you really don't know the question that was posed to him for him to say that - it could have been specifically about the atmospheres at OSU and Arkansas. I think until he says "I am no longer considering ORU" that we don't have that much new stuff to talk about cause im convinced nobody but his family will know what he's doing until signing day.

Here is more Rotnei Clarke discussion.... trying to determine his intentions is like reading tea leaves. Rotnei has been very circumspect in his pronouncements and lot of what he says can be taken several ways. Who knows how this will turn out.

Cat Pause Link

Here is more Rotnei Clarke discussion.... trying to determine his intentions is like reading tea leaves. Rotnei has been very circumspect in his pronouncements and lot of what he says can be taken several ways. Who knows how this will turn out.

Cat Pause Link

good stuff

been following his recruitment for quite some time. I dont remember when ive been this interested in a basketball recruit.

He's been really tight lipped about where he wants to go. Should be a very interesting next couple weeks.

Cat Pause Link

When it's all said and done...my money is on DJ - whatever he says, goes!!  :-D

When it's all said and done...my money is on DJ - whatever he says, goes!!   :-D

DJ really is the insider's insider!

Stirring the pot:  OSU and Arkansas tip off their basketball seasons tonight with exhibition games, ORU follows on Saturday night.

All three schools play a second exhibition game on Tuesday night, and their first regular season games on Friday, November 9.

Wonder who might be where on those nights?  :|

The real key is - where is he on November 14th when signing period starts?

I would imagine he will be sitting behind a folding table with his dad, mom, and uncle at a pep rally/press conference in the Verdigris High School cafeteria or gym, for the signing of his Letter Of Intent.

The question is:  whose hat will he pull out and place on his head?

I just hope, whoever it is, he's smiling... 8-)

It appears that Rotnei will be on the ORU campus Saturday evening.....

From the 11-2-2007 Tulsa World:

Hardwood Classic field set

By Staff Reports

11/2/2007

Verdigris' Rotnei Clarke is expected to be at Oral Roberts University on Saturday night in the 14th annual Hardwood Tip-Off Classic at the Aerobics Center.

Also attending will be 2007 Tulsa World All-State selection Pawnee guard Keiton Page.

There will be 72 scrimmages featuring 36 boys teams. The event starts at 8 a.m. and runs until about 10:30 p.m.

Morning session (8:30 a.m.)

Edison, McLain, Holland Hall, Oologah, Berryhill, Morris, Summit Christian, Depew, Chouteau, Prague, Hilldale and Beggs.

Afternoon session (1 p.m.)

Bishop Kelley, Victory Christian, Wagoner, Red Oak, Wyandotte, Oklahoma City Northwest, Rogers, Hulbert, Inola, Pawnee, Metro Christian and Coweta.

Night session (6 p.m.)

Verdigris, Booker T. Washington, Owasso, Central, Jenks, Broken Arrow, Millwood, East Central, Capitol Hill, Tahlequah, Ponca City and Memorial.

Link

It appears that Rotnei will be on the ORU campus Saturday evening.....

Verdigris' Rotnei Clarke is expected to be at Oral Roberts University on Saturday night in the 14th annual Hardwood Tip-Off Classic at the Aerobics Center.

Night session (6 p.m.)

Verdigris, Booker T. Washington, Owasso, Central, Jenks, Broken Arrow, Millwood, East Central, Capitol Hill, Tahlequah, Ponca City and Memorial.

Link

That figures:  the one night we didn't have a conflict with the other two schools in the hunt.  :-P

Didn't see him or his dad last night in the Mabee Center; presumably they were both up at the AC at the Hardwood Tip-Off Classic.

Papa Conley was standing in the east-end tunnel, watching the game late in the second half, dressed in warm-ups, presumably because he'd come from the AC.

My son went up to the AC after the ORU game to watch Verdigris play BA, and said that Richard and Lindsay were sitting with the Clarkes during the game.  He also said the ENTIRE ORU basketball team was up there watching also.  He had a chance to talk to several of them, and they were friendly and pleasant with him, especially Mo.

After the ORU game i went over to the AC to watch Rotnei play. I caught the end of their third game, but Rotnei didnt play at all. Supposedly he was only playing the first half of each game. The Verdigris team without Rotnei and Adam Holland (their big man who is out with an injury) was not very strong at all. Each game consisted of two 12 minute halves with a running clock. Verdigris' fourth game was against Broken Arrow(my high school). Rotnei was virtually ungaurdable with the ball, and made some good passes. I believe he scored all 10 points for them 8 of which came on free throws. The final score for the first half was 12-10 BA. Second half without Rotnei was around 17-4 BA. All the ORU players and coaches were there, minus Scott(If he was i didn't see him). I talked to Mo, Shawn, Andre, and Yemi who were all really pleasant and nice.