Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

Will we ever have another thread with the life or interest of this one?  I can't imagine a situation where we would.  Even the selection of a new coach would take a relatively short time, and that's the only thing I can think of that would draw the level of interest that the Rotnei saga has. (Not to say I hope we have to worry about a new coach for a LONG time!)

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

Will we ever have another thread with the life or interest of this one?  I can't imagine a situation where we would.  Even the selection of a new coach would take a relatively short time, and that's the only thing I can think of that would draw the level of interest that the Rotnei saga has. (Not to say I hope we have to worry about a new coach for a LONG time!)

The reason this thread is so long is simple:  the void of hard data has created a breeding ground for rumor, speculation, and outright lies.

Someone should be writing a book about this whole thing to set the record straight...

The reason this thread is so long is simple:  the void of hard data has created a breeding ground for rumor, speculation, and outright lies.

True OT, but this thread has provided a level of entertainment between baseball season and basketball season that we may never see again for a long time.  Next summer, we're going to have to find someone else to talk about.  Do you have any eligibility left??  :-D

VP you should start a new thread about Friday night with your last post so it does not get lost in Rotnei land.

True OT, but this thread has provided a level of entertainment between baseball season and basketball season that we may never see again for a long time.  Next summer, we're going to have to find someone else to talk about.  Do you have any eligibility left??   :-D

Are you talking about basketball eligibility, or dating?

Sadly, I fear that my "teammates" in both categories would say that my "game" isn't what it used to be!

HOO-WAH!  :-D

(And, yes, I have once again officially driven the "Rotnei Clarke" thread right into the ditch.)

I was really excited to see that this thread was getting some more action - until I read the content!  Thanks a lot, OT!

OK, here - I'll give you something legit to ponder:

Don't you suppose if Rotnei Clarke has decided to sign with OSU or Arkansas, we might have heard something by now - either officially, or leaked from their fans?   :|

Arkansas appears to have already signed two point guards which would seem to preclude them signing Rotnei. It is hard to imagine that OSU would sign both Clarke and Keiton Page.... two very similar players.

That's not to say he won't end up at either place - or even somewhere else. Just my observations....

Don't you suppose if Rotnei Clarke has decided to sign with OSU or Arkansas, we might have heard something by now - either officially, or leaked from their fans?   :|

...or could he be considering a wildcard opportunity from a late suitor??  :|

Always a possibility, but it would seem to fly in the face of his most recent pronouncements. And he has seemed to indicate that he wants to stay local. Maybe Barry Hinson is a late entry into the Rotnei Clarke sweepstakes....

I've always thought that he would pick someone local given his comments about how important that is to him. That would seem to consist of:

ORU

TU (seemingly out of the picture)

OSU

OU

Arkansas

Wichita State???

Missouri State??

But what do I know? Watch him pick Gonzaga....

Maybe Barry Hinson is a late entry into the Rotnei Clarke sweepstakes....

Now that would be classic!

Probably would save Barry's job...

Now that would be classic!

Probably would save Barry's job...

Let's see...

Decisions, decisions...

Rotnei to ORU or save Barry's job...

That one would take me about a milli-second!

OK, here - I'll give you something legit to ponder:

I'm confused by this point, OT.  Why would we have heard something from either of those places if he had decided?  How are they any different from us in that respect?  Please clarify for me...

Looks like Rotnei wasn't able to make the Slam 'n Jam last night because he was busy at another venue.  Could this be the beginning of things to come??

Link