Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

Thanks, Hollywood.  Good luck to you guys, too, both on the court and in the Rotnei Sweepstakes.

And let us know if you hear any good scoop in the next week on the latter...  8-)

will do man

hope to see alot of you guys in the bud on 12-3

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

And this is Old Titan saying this? :?

A closer inspection of a lot of my rants will show that I tend to attack certain fans of our rivals, and their attitude toward ORU, not the schools or their teams, as I was teasing IsBig about.

OK:  and TU's uniforms.

But that's for another thread...  :wink:

Easy there, Hollywood - if RC's as good as advertised, he'll draw attention no matter where he is.

Granted, he may not be on TV as much, but since his family will probably travel to watch him play a lot of the time anyway, I'm really not sure how big a deal that is - wherever he goes.

Memo to Isbig - must you poke your finger in the eye of all our rivals?

I see slams against Arkansas and TU in today's posts alone.

Until next Wednesday, what say we let sleeping dogs - and hogs - lie...or, lay...or whatever that goofy saying is.  :-P

Old Titan, RC is every bit "as good as advertised".  If RC ends up at ORU, which I believe is about a 95% chance, he will be the best shooter in the history of the program.  RC has a legitimate chance to be a 30 PPG scorer at ORU.  :-D

Hey, Pawneehoops.... isn't there another good Oklahoma player from your area of the country? How would you compare Page to Clarke?

Hey, Pawneehoops.... isn't there another good Oklahoma player from your area of the country? How would you compare Page to Clarke?

Both RC and KP are very good friends and similar players.  KP is a true point while RC is more of a 2 that can run the point.  They both are incredible shooters with very good ball handling skills.  They both perform best with a fast pace run-n-gun offense and they need zero time to get a shot off in transition.  I?ve been watching these two for many years and they never disappoint.

Just a few high school career numbers to look at?

RC 83 games, 2534 points, 30.5 PPG, 59.6% 2P, 46.6% 3P

KP 82 games, 2422 points, 29.5 PPG, 64.5% 2P, 49.8% 3P

Meaning no disrespect to RC, but I always try to temper my comments about Rotnei with the following:  he hasn't even played his senior year of high school yet.

Yes, I know, he has played all around the country in AAU tournaments and impressed, but there have been other prep players from Oklahoma who were tagged as "can't miss" prospects that, while enjoying commendable college careers, weren't superstars (Kevin Bookout, Sheldon Williams, Kelena Azubiuke), and a couple of others who were disappointments at the college level (Julius Lamptey, DeAngelo Alexander, J.R. Giddens, etc.).

Again, we'll all just have to wait a couple of years to find out if RC and KP truly are "as good as advertised" at the college level.  Time will tell...:-D

I did not realize that the two players were so close in terms of statistics - especially total points. I think they might play against each other in the Tournament of Champions in December - held at the Mabee Center. That would be an interesting game to watch.

I did not realize that the two players were so close in terms of statistics - especially total points. I think they might play against each other in the Tournament of Champions in December - held at the Mabee Center. That would be an interesting game to watch.

These are two of my favorite players and Verdigris vs. Pawnee at the TOC would be fun to watch.  Verdigris should be really strong this year with RC and Adam Hollon (6?7? Post kid) both returning.  I believe the TOC will be held at the Expo Square Pavilion again this year.

KP and RC roomed together at the NBA Camp this summer.  They also played against each other in Vegas;  RC (17 points) with Team Texas and KP (20 points) with PWP.

Which team won that game? I bet that was fun to watch

Team Texas won 75-67.  They were a loaded team with RC and Willie Warren.

Did Daremey Stepteo play on that team too?

Sorry, I'm no expert on Team Texas but I don't recall that name.  The only other Team Texas names I remember off the top of my head are Chris Babb and Paul Pressey.  I only followed Team Texas games because of RC... :wink:

According to the ORU blog on the Tulsa World "Sports Extra" website, Rotnei may wait until Saturday, November 17, to make his announcement at a Verdigris basketball function:

Tulsa World Sports Extra - ORU

I thought I read that Verdigris is playing at Jenks this Sat afternoon in their cancer fund raising event.  Anyone else hear that?

I thought I read that Verdigris is playing at Jenks this Sat afternoon in their cancer fund raising event.  Anyone else hear that?

Here's what a friend sent me about this weekend's game at Jenks:

"The bball scrimmage on Sat., Nov. 17th starts at 10:00 am with Jenks vs. Verdigris playing four 8 minute quarters."

Oklahoma State just announced two LOI's. One of them being Keiton Page.

I think this is a VERY good sign. I think it means the decision is down to ORU & Arkansas.