Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

If he verbals tonight the TW will definately have an update on their site with a full article by tomorrow.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

SURELY - if he announces tonight it will be on SOMEONE's message board in very short order, and very soon after it will be on EVERYONE'S message board.  Not only that, but with big news like this, the World will have an article posted pretty soon after the announcement is made.  They're not waiting till the morning newspaper is out to post articles to the web site.  So, IF AN ANNOUNCEMENT IS MADE TONIGHT, one way or another, we'll hear about it.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm starting to think it might not be tonight. It's 9:15 in Tulsa, I'd imagine we'd have heard something by now.

Not so sure the Tulsa World would have anyone at Verdigris:  Haisten is probably in Waco for OSU-Baylor, Brown is in New York for TU-Army, Lewis and Jacobsen are probably covering high school football playoffs.

Kelly Clarke or some other family member may have to call someone at the World with the news if they expect any immediate splash.

Haisten would have to have somebody there feeding him info about any announcements. I think MadAdder is right, guys and gals. Surely the event is over by now. If the announcement was public, we would already know something. Lets resume the Rotnei watch tomorrow morning.

Not so sure the Tulsa World would have anyone at Verdigris:  Haisten is probably in Waco for OSU-Baylor, Brown is in New York for TU-Army, Lewis and Jacobsen are probably covering high school football playoffs.

Kelly Clarke or some other family member may have to call someone at the World with the news if they expect any immediate splash.

Which is why I would be shocked if he announced tonight. Way too much competition for newspaper/tv space. Look for him to announce Tuesday or Wednesday.... if then. You didn't think this would end early did you?  :-D

New set of percentages:

1.  Still hasn't made up his mind - 10%

2.  Waiting for Arkansas coaching staff to return from Puerto Rico tournament, where the Hogs are playing in the consolation game against Virginia Commonwealth today at 4:00 p.m. - 90%

So if you've decided already, which coach do you tell first? The one you want to sign with, or the one you wish to respectfully decline to? If it were me, I would want to notify the coach I wished to sign with first. Any other way could risk the information being leaked prematurely out of spite. You don't want the good guys finding out by default. I know one thing, as a coach I would hope to see Rotnei's name come up on the caller ID instead of Coach Kelly.  :-o:-D 

I know one thing, as a coach I would hope to see Rotnei's name come up on the caller ID instead of Coach Kelly.  :-o:-D 

Now that's an astute observation, VCB!

New set of percentages:

2.  Waiting for Arkansas coaching staff to return from Puerto Rico tournament, where the Hogs are playing in the consolation game against Virginia Commonwealth today at 4:00 p.m. - 90%

On this I would agree with you, OT - the longer the announcement gets drawn out, the more likely the signing will be with Arkansas.  I just can't see the reason to draw it out day after day if the announcement was that he was going to play at ORU. 

New set of percentages:

I know one thing, as a coach I would hope to see Rotnei's name come up on the caller ID instead of Coach Kelly.  :-o:-D 

I don't know...AT&T covers San Juan just as it does any other US area (including Hawai'i and Alaska - non-contiguous states).  If RC wanted to make a decision, he could contact Coach Hog anytime he wanted.  I think he is either undecided or waiting for the appropriate time to get the desired exposure (probably the former). 

Somehow, though, if the decision goes to UoA, I don't think Coach Kelly will be making the call to Scott; at the very least it will be Dad and probably RC himself (just my guess - nothing definitive).

I don't know...AT&T covers San Juan just as it does any other US area (including Hawai'i and Alaska - non-contiguous states).  If RC wanted to make a decision, he could contact Coach Hog anytime he wanted.  I think he is either undecided or waiting for the appropriate time to get the desired exposure (probably the former). 

I think I'm with Bogus on this.  At surface value, it may seem like he's waiting for the Hogs to get back, but it's not like Pelphrey is going to be there in person for the announcement anyway.  His presence, in my estimation, doesn't play in to this at all.  A call to Fayetteville isn't too different from a call to Puerto Rico.  We shall see...

Let's face it, guys - ORU (the University, not the basketball program) is in a state of flux right now - and Rotnei may want to wait to see how this all sorts out before making a decision to commit to ORU.  I can completely understand this.  I'm an ORU alum and father of a senior son considering where to attend college, and ORU is on his top five list.  If my son told me today that ORU was his #1 choice, I would tell him to wait until Spring to commit to anything, to allow the situation regarding the administration to become "settled".  With Rotnei's close connection to the Roberts family, I can't imagine that the current situation would NOT have an impact on his decision.  Could it be that Rotnei's decision is contingent upon who will be President of the University next Fall?  And, is he delaying his decision until Spring to see how this all plays out?

Let's face it, guys - ORU (the University, not the basketball program) is in a state of flux right now - and Rotnei may want to wait to see how this all sorts out before making a decision to commit to ORU.  I can completely understand this.  I'm an ORU alum and father of a senior son considering where to attend college, and ORU is on his top five list.  If my son told me today that ORU was his #1 choice, I would tell him to wait until Spring to commit to anything, to allow the situation regarding the administration to become "settled".  With Rotnei's close connection to the Roberts family, I can't imagine that the current situation would NOT have an impact on his decision.  Could it be that Rotnei's decision is contingent upon who will be President of the University next Fall?  And, is he delaying his decision until Spring to see how this all plays out?

Spot on, JB.  Spoken like a Dad who has a child in the same situation.  I think that this is the only reason that RC would defer signing in the early period (i.e., I'm verbally committing to ORU, but not signing until the Spring to ensure that concerns with the University's administration is addressed).  With Rotnei's recruitment being so high profile, it will not be possible for him to just say that he's waiting until the spring to sign.  He would have too many questions to answer.  Another negative side of doing this is that Rotnei's cell phone will never stop ringing all winter long...