Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

Guys,

It was great to see all of the positive responses when Rotnei picked Ark. I promise you the coaches and players see that type of thing and really appreciate it. Very few if any other boards would have reacted this way! Very nice thing.

I as well wish him the very best at Ark and hope he can now go out and enjoy his senior year.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

First time being able to post since the announcement. Congrats to Rotnei. I wish him well in his college career. He is an exceptional young man.

Long Live My Beloved Alma Mater- ORU!

I also wish Rotnei well, however, if I had to choose between a losing a great recruit, or losing one of the greatest coaching staffs, I am very thankful that we lost the recruit and still have a great group of coaches. 

Hog fan here.  I can promise you Clarke will not be redshirting.  We are losing 6 seniors this year, including our starting PG.  Clarke probably won't start, assuming sophomore SG Patrick Beverley doesn't leave early for the NBA.  Fellow recruit Courtney Fortson will probably be the starting PG from the day he steps on campus.  Clarke will probably be the first guard off the bench to get in the game, at either PG or SG.

I don't think Rotnei seriously considered OSU because I think there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the long-term employment of Sean Sutton at OSU.  I suspect that some of the current uncertainty may have given Rotnei cold feet about ORU, as ORUTerry mentioned earlier, because I suspect that for most of the recruiting process Rotnei was leaning toward ORU.

However, I still think Rotnei made the wrong choice, because as this Hog fan mentioned above, Clarke will probably be coming off the bench since Fortson will most likely be a PG starter during Rotnei's college career.  I'm sure he will have a good experience at Arkansas, but if he doesn't become a regular starter, it is very possible he will always regret his decision, and wonder what might have been had he instead chosen to be a featured starter at ORU as well as a "rock star."

Time will tell, and my assumptions could be incorrect.  Of course I wish him well, but I don't join the love-fest of congratulations for him not choosing ORU.  It would have been a better choice to be in gold and blue for both us and him.

That is the million dollar question right there. If he doesn't start at Ark until say his junior year will he be happy with that. I think he can play at that level and gosh knows he will work hard enough but not sure if he is a starter there. We will see how it all plays out.

The coaching staff will continue to get very good players and ORU will still have good teams. I just think it would have been a good fit  for Rotnei and ORU.

Time will tell, and my assumptions could be incorrect.  Of course I wish him well, but I don't join the love-fest of congratulations for him not choosing ORU.  It would have been a better choice to be in gold and blue for both us and him.

I think you're mis-reading the intentions of all those posting before you, Jason.

That is the million dollar question right there. If he doesn't start at Ark until say his junior year will he be happy with that. I think he can play at that level and gosh knows he will work hard enough but not sure if he is a starter there. We will see how it all plays out.

The coaching staff will continue to get very good players and ORU will still have good teams. I just think it would have been a good fit  for Rotnei and ORU.

Ditto, DJ.  I couldn't have said it better.

I had heard a rumor that RC may have only verbally committed to Arkansas, but did not sign before the end of the early signing period that ended midnight on Wednesday.  This announcement in The Sporting News puts any rumors to bed (in case anyone else may have heard them).

Arkansas coach Pelphrey says six signed in early recruiting period

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Arkansas basketball coach John Pelphrey isn't focusing solely on the current team in his first year running the Razorbacks. Pelphrey announced Thursday that he had signed six players during the early recruiting period, which ended Wednesday.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=308803

I would guess "pretty good".

As much as I think Richard is doing the right thing in resigning, I can't help but think that's one of the reasons Rotnei didn't choose ORU.

Below is a link to the "photo gallery" of RC's announcement, including some behind-the-scenes pics.  The last picture is somewhat interesting if you're a Golden Eagle fan.

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/704352.html

Also, there is an interesting article on how RC came about his decision with quotes from Dad and Mom.

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/704359.html

In regards to Sean Sutton's future at OSU, I would go a couple of steps further.

For reference purposes:  Rotnei Clarke's college career, if he doesn't redshirt, will end in Spring, 2012.

I will be shocked if ANY of the local principals in this drama (Rotnei Clarke, Conley Clarke, Scott Sutton, Sean Sutton, Doug Wojcik, and John Pelphrey) are still at the same colleges they are affiliated with right now when that day comes.  :-o

Prediction:  if Rotnei isn't starting and averaging 30 minutes a game by his sophomore year, he will transfer - most likely to TU, if Doug Wojcik is gone by then.

You may be right OT. The Woj situation is not what you think, in fact, I think he acted admirably. The story surely doesnt belong on this board. Rotnei is for sure a great kid though.

ash  =o)

Rotnei Clarke versus new leadership at ORU?..... not a hard decision at all. One would have made us better in basketball for four years - the other will strengthen the whole institution forever.

You may be right OT. The Woj situation is not what you think, in fact, I think he acted admirably. The story surely doesnt belong on this board. Rotnei is for sure a great kid though.

ash  =o)

Yes, I know you feel he acted "admirably", but there sure are a lot of basketball people out there, with no connection to each other and no affinity to ORU, telling pretty much the same story about what happened between TU and Rotnei, and it's not very flattering for DW.

Are they all mistaken?

Below is a link to the "photo gallery" of RC's announcement, including some behind-the-scenes pics.  The last picture is somewhat interesting if you're a Golden Eagle fan.

I just think it goes to show that Conley Clarke has replaced his entire wardrobe with SWAG (stuff we all get).

OT, there is some back story that most dont know. It is to DW's credit for keeping it under wraps. Again, Rotnei himself did nothing, in fact, he may not be fully aware of the situation.

ash  =o)

You golden eagles fans are class acts. I logged on here to see how you guys were handling the loss, I am very impressed by all the reply's. Good luck in your season and God Bless!