ORU vs. Duke

ORUSwagger

Of all the players on our team, who would you pick to surprise everyone by having a breakout game? We always expect Max to outperform everyone, but now and then, a less-conspicuous player rises to the occasion and lights the team's fire.

If we start getting into foul trouble and have to rely on some bench players, who're we gonna call?

Time to suit up Vealy and Roundtree....I think both have eligibility left......😍

1 minute ago, theeagleman5 said:

Time to suit up Vealy and Roundtree....I think both have eligibility left......😍

What we wouldn't give for a Vealy-type performance in this game!

1 hour ago, titansforever said:

Of all the players on our team, who would you pick to surprise everyone by having a breakout game? We always expect Max to outperform everyone, but now and then, a less-conspicuous player rises to the occasion and lights the team's fire.

If we start getting into foul trouble and have to rely on some bench players, who're we gonna call?

Look out for Jurgens to have the game of his life. This kid plays with heart and finds a way to keep the momentum going when the offense cools off. He played a huge part in the Ohio St & Florida win. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, titansforever said:

What we wouldn't give for a Vealy-type performance in this game!

Honestly, Paul Mills is the coach, so if he still has some tools in the toolbox that he hasn't shown us yet, I'm all for it. But . . . the way this team is put together should be a business strategy study. This is one of the most brilliant displays of teamwork that I have ever seen, and I absolutely love when a good team comes together! 💥 💯

We do not need anyone from the outside. 😇

• Like 1

DJ might be a problem for Duke off the bench.  He is quicker than their bigs and can hit the 3s, which will most likely give Duke issues.   I like it when the Eagles roll him to the basket for layups/dunks.  He surprises a lot of teams with his athleticism.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know which Section the ORU block of tickets will be in in the arena in Orlando for Thursday night’s game?

19 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

Does anyone know which Section the ORU block of tickets will be in in the arena in Orlando for Thursday night’s game?

Here's what I've been told:

ORU tickets are in section 115 and 116. An ORU fan said there’s nothing available in 116 and the minimum price on third party sites in 115 is $1,700. There were some reasonable options in 117.

• Haha 1

Even the bench is old too as DJ is 22, Patrick is a fifth year guy, and Trey is 21.  This team has a lot of experience and Patrick is the only one of the top 8 who have never been to an NCAA tournament.

On a side note: the game is being played at the home of the Orlando Magic and seats 20,000.  ORU will need some Louisana and UT Vols fans to cheer for the Golden Eagles on Thursday night!

• Like 1

How can any non Duke fan in that arena on Thurs night NOT root for ORU??. Good Guys need to fire in some 3 balls early to get the crowd rockin'!!!! 🤩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

DJ might be a problem for Duke off the bench.  He is quicker than their bigs and can hit the 3s, which will most likely give Duke issues.   I like it when the Eagles roll him to the basket for layups/dunks.  He surprises a lot of teams with his athleticism.  

Great choice has those long arms

• Like 1

DJ and Demari. 
we have to get a big game out of DJ.

max/issac on proctor/roach , Connor on lively, Kareem on filipowski, carlos on Mitchell. 

DJ and Mwamba will be undersized on defense. (Actually everyone will if you consider lively has a 7-7 wingspan) need big contributions from both those guys on defense and scoring.

Demari may have to play a few minutes guarding Mitchell/whitehead , and need his elite athleticism to be a disruptor. They have no scouting report on him, but we need him to be a disruptor in passing lanes and up top to create some transition opportunities. We win by getting out in transition and creating turnovers. We must have good ball security and please no post entry passes unless a man is wide open unguarded.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, oruvoice said:

In the fall of 1981, when Bilas was a senior at Rolling Hills High School in California, he visited the city because he was an Oral Roberts University basketball recruit.

“Mark Acres went to Oral Roberts,” Bilas said. “His mother was a very faith-based person, a religious person, and she really hammered my mom that I should go, that God wanted me to go to Oral Roberts to play with Mark and Jeff (Acres).”

Bilas’ parents were swayed. They told him he needed to visit ORU, so he did.

“Ken Hayes recruited me,” Bilas said. “I loved him. Great guy. His plan was -- and he told me this -- he was going to get me, Wayman Tisdale, Mark Price and Steve Hale and we were going to win the national championship. So when I landed at Tulsa, he picked me up at the airport and he drove me to Jenks High School to meet Steve Hale. Joe Holladay (now a North Carolina assistant) was the coach there.”

I watched "Jay Bilas's My Bracket is Better Than Your Bracket" show last night.  When they got to the Duke/ORU game, after he rattled off all the reasons Duke will win, he said something along the lines of "ORU is really good.  Their guard Max Abmas, spelled A-B-M-A-S but pronounced "Ace Mas," is averaging 22-23 points a game.  This is the best ORU team since Mark and Jeff Acres played there in the 80's."

• Upvote 6