ORU vs. Duke

ORUSwagger

13 minutes ago, titansforever said:

This is from their message board. They think their seeding shows disrespect.

There's not a thing we can do about it but go out and win the natty. O.R. has a 7'5" center who only weighs about 225 pounds. No way to compare him to Edey accept height which may help Lively prepare for the height. We should get by O.R. with no problem but can't them lightly and we all kniw that. I see us beating Tenn. As for Purdue they beat us soundly but we are a totally different team now. Much better than when they beat us and they are not looking forward to playing us and are hoping we get knocked off just like we are hoping to see them gone. If we do play them and beat them we for sure should make it to the final four and after that we can win it all. Have to play like we have the last 8 games.

What’s the name of their forum?

I AM LOVING THE DUKE RAT POISON!!

Here’s hoping their rookie coach has them looking at film of Tennessee all week.

black and white poison GIF

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, titansforever said:

This is where I found the post: https://duke.forums.rivals.com/forums/duke-hoops-open-forum-free.16/ 

I'm not sure if you need to register in order to get to more of their posts.

Thank You. Looking through and lots of hurt fans complaining about their seeding. Most agree ORU is a challenge and the naive crowd keeps putting foot in mouth.

19 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I AM LOVING THE DUKE RAT POISON!!

Here’s hoping their rookie coach has them looking at film of Tennessee all week.

black and white poison GIF

• Upvote 2

TheEagleman likes Jay Bilas but let's face it....he's a Dukie Alum and on the bandwagon.....agree the Blue Devils are bigger than us and will give ORU fits inside if we don't play tough defense....Mwamba will have to come up big....ORU is going to have to make a lot of 3's......Max, McBride, Vanover and Patrick.....we need to turn this into a track meet......:oru:

• Upvote 1

Bilas chose Duke over ORU??...Wow!,,now that's Breaking News!!!..TheEagleman never knew that..Image result for Jay Bilas

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Bilas chose Duke over ORU??...Wow!,,now that's Breaking News!!!..TheEagleman never knew that..Image result for Jay Bilas

Michael Jordan Lol GIF
Good one and oh wow what a picture…😂

• Haha 1

In the fall of 1981, when Bilas was a senior at Rolling Hills High School in California, he visited the city because he was an Oral Roberts University basketball recruit.

“Mark Acres went to Oral Roberts,” Bilas said. “His mother was a very faith-based person, a religious person, and she really hammered my mom that I should go, that God wanted me to go to Oral Roberts to play with Mark and Jeff (Acres).”

Bilas’ parents were swayed. They told him he needed to visit ORU, so he did.

“Ken Hayes recruited me,” Bilas said. “I loved him. Great guy. His plan was -- and he told me this -- he was going to get me, Wayman Tisdale, Mark Price and Steve Hale and we were going to win the national championship. So when I landed at Tulsa, he picked me up at the airport and he drove me to Jenks High School to meet Steve Hale. Joe Holladay (now a North Carolina assistant) was the coach there.”

• Like 1

selling the dream. with that lineup, if they all came, certainly would believe could win a national championship 

I don't know. Yes, it seems like the 5 seed is higher than it should be. I am still very happy with the way we finished conference play. It literally doesn't get any better! 

I understand that every team that makes the field is in it for a reason, but come on, are we really that worried about Oral Roberts? I am sure they can play the game, and anything can happen as we Duke fans well know, but going out to OR wouldn't be to far off from Mercer or Lehigh. I just cannot see that happening right now. 

One game at a time........ win, and next. Keep it simple!

From the Duke Fan Forum Page

REMEMBER

YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THE NAME ON THEIR JERSEYS 

^^^ GET THAT QUOTE TO PAUL MILLS FROM ME...

NDSU played them 5 years ago vs Zion & was right with them....until 2nd half

Sounds about right......let them keep saying that.....Image result for Cosmo Kramer

From this page: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10068620-2023-mens-ncaa-bracket-predictions-best-picks-for-every-matchup?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

(At least he says he loves ORU!)

First Round, East Regional

Upset Special: None

Believe me, I will be picking plenty of upsets throughout the course of this exercise, including several in the second round of this region. Nothing jumps out to me here, though. Providence has been a mess lately. I love Oral Roberts, but Duke is on fire. And while Tennessee is ripe for an early exit, it would've been way more tantalizing if it had been matched up with Kent State or Iona.

I gotta be honest, I am SHOCKED at the 6 point spread in this game. That SCREAMS to take Duke, who would seem to be able to cover that EASILY. Plus, it doesn't seem that ANYONE is picking us and almost everyone is saying Duke to the F4. 

All good signs.