ORU vs. Duke

ORUSwagger

We got this! #ExpectAMiracle

Checking ACC season stats.

Duke is top 3 in the rebounding category and very good from the Line.

Duke #2 in the ACC in Scoring Defense behind Virginia. 

#1 in blocked shots and #2 in 3Pt % Defense.

In case anyone thinks we can't beat Duke, the transitive property proves it:

myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com
on 12/03/22 Oral Roberts beat Tulsa 77-66
on 11/17/22 Tulsa beat Loyola-Chicago 85-66
on 12/10/22 Loyola-Chicago beat Clemson 76-58
on 01/14/23 Clemson beat Duke 72-64
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

ORU has a VERY good chance to win...I would take the Good Guys plus the points and you may not even need them....4 freshman in the first round of the NCAA tournament is a receipe for disaster.....plus we have an experienced battle tested line up....Coach K isn't on the bench any more although expect to see him on the first row or two Thursday night.....TheEagleman loves our chances...great match up for us and a good road to another Sweet 16 with Tennessee/Louisiana on deck.....:tb-white:

• Upvote 1

Prime Time on Thursday Night.....ORU can't buy that kind of publicity....hopefully our marketing people buy a nice 30 second commercial for the university..... :shield-logo:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I may be uneducated regarding Duke, but I was hoping for Orlando, playing a team like Duke/Kentucky. My bracket has ORU winning the national championship, hopefully my predictive powers keep up! 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

In case anyone thinks we can't beat Duke, the transitive property proves it:

myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com
on 12/03/22 Oral Roberts beat Tulsa 77-66
on 11/17/22 Tulsa beat Loyola-Chicago 85-66
on 12/10/22 Loyola-Chicago beat Clemson 76-58
on 01/14/23 Clemson beat Duke 72-64

Never a bit of doubt in my mind!!!

ORU +6.5..and money line is +220 at the moment. .let's see if those change over the next few days...lots of people loving ORU this year...but Duke always gets a lot of play just because they are Duke...this game has classic upset written all over it  :shield-logo:Image result for Duke Logo                                                                 Plus the Blue Devils vs. Christians....gotta love it......

One thing we can count on: Mills will have the guys prepared!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I like this matchup. Yes they are hott right now, but most of their stats are gobbled up by a 7ft freshman. I expect Connor to get the best of this matchup. Add a hott game by Max and we win by 9.

• Upvote 1

I am bummed. Not because of the matchup but because my family planned a long weekend beginning this Thursday evening and I won't be able to watch the game. I know, I know. Poor planning. My question is, does anyone know how I could watch the game on some kind of delay? DVR is not an option. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I have missed a game all year and I really don't want to miss this one. 

5 minutes ago, dave said:

I am bummed. Not because of the matchup but because my family planned a long weekend beginning this Thursday evening and I won't be able to watch the game. I know, I know. Poor planning. My question is, does anyone know how I could watch the game on some kind of delay? DVR is not an option. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I have missed a game all year and I really don't want to miss this one. 

Cell phone 

The biggest question is how does ORU handle Duke's size.  They start a front line consisting of a 6'8 forward and basically two 7 foot centers.  Kareem may have to match up with one of those 7 footers.  If you compare the Eagles's top 8 vs Duke's  top 8 then the Blue Devils have 18 inches on the Eagles!  Duke may be the biggest team in all of college basketball!  I cannot remember the Eagles facing a team that tall in 20 years!

How do you game plan for all that size?  Somehow ORU will need to turn Duke over and get some fast break points.  Also, hitting some 3s is going to be of utmost importance.

7 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The biggest question is how does ORU handle Duke's size.  They start a front line consisting of a 6'8 forward and basically two 7 foot centers.  Kareem may have to match up with one of those 7 footers.  If you compare the Eagles's top 8 vs Duke's  top 8 then the Blue Devils have 18 inches on the Eagles!  Duke may be the biggest team in all of college basketball!  I cannot remember the Eagles facing a team that tall in 20 years!

How do you game plan for all that size?  Somehow ORU will need to turn Duke over and get some fast break points.  Also, hitting some 3s is going to be of utmost importance.

An experienced team will have to move the ball well to create open shots and pick a lot

1 minute ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The most encouraging thing coming out of the games that I watched this past week is seeing shorter teams playing Duke. It is possible, and we have a big. We'll have to spread around the scoring like we can together with Max getting hot, but it is possible. Kareem just shut down a 6'11" guy with NDSU. I know that NDSU is not Duke, but I like Kareem. I think he can do it.