Transfers

Keenan Henderson

7 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

...including three Saint Peter's starters (Lee, Edert and Banks) 

Wow! Grass is always greener...

With St. Peter’s their coach left for Seton Hall, so not too surprised that the top players followed suit.

Interesting transfer for ORU to look at: Connor Vanover from Arkansas.  He is 7’3 and 225 pounds. Can shot the three and ok rebounder. Just too skinny for SEC but would give the Eagles some size!

Can't teach height....but not sure a 7 footer fits into Coach Mills' 4 guard line up......🙄

...Another Big John Hollinden? But with a much better ending hopefully...

I think Navy Blue and Vegas Gold would be very flattering on a 7'3" Center.  Anyone know if we have any connections or if this is just wishful thinking?

Rob 

• Like 1

Most likely it is wishful thinking but he is from Little Rock.  If Coach Bozeman were still around, he would probaly have a connection with the big guy.  Who knows maybe Coach Mills will reach out to Connor and let him know ORU is interested. Of course, Arkansas is only a couple of hours dirve from Tulsa.  So Connor would not have to go very far to transfer.

John Hollinden. I remember him. I was told he wore a Tshirt that on the front said, “Yes! I play basketball.” And on the back it had his height.  What was he, 7’4” or something. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dave said:

John Hollinden. I remember him. I was told he wore a Tshirt that on the front said, “Yes! I play basketball.” And on the back it had his height.  What was he, 7’4” or something. 

https://briarbenz.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-short-life-tall-obstacles-and-good.html?m=1

• Like 1

OU just had a 6’8 power forward transfer named Mawein. He was a top juco guy but did not play much last year. Another big Coach Mills could reach out to in the off season.

• Like 1

John Hollinden was about 7'5" i think.....not very effective on either end of the floor....played for ORU in the late 70s and transferred to a smaller school after a couple years at ORU and pretty sure he was drafted by the NBA....but unfortunately was seriously injured in an auto accident and died in his 30s.....he came to ORU after TheEagleman had graduated.....😬

ORU had other 7 footers as well back in the 70s during the days of TheEagleman....David Vaughn was our starting C in 72-73 and at 7-0 was an Honorable mention All American....really good shooter and rebounder who could run the floor....but he left after one year transferring to UNLV where i don't think he ever played....he ended up in the old ABA for the Virginia Squires but was shot in some kind of incident and i don't think ever played pro again......one of TheEaglemans' personal favorites was 7-1 Rich Lucas who played a couple of seasons at ORU as a back up C....not very talented but a really nice guy....very quiet and a dry sense of humor......whenever he would come into a game (usually late in a blowout) the Mabee Center student section would chant.... LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!....and once or twice he put in a 2 point basket and we would go wild......he was a beloved figure in the years that he played and pretty sure he graduated with an ORU degree....I heard that he passed away a few years ago living in NC.......😪

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU had other 7 footers as well back in the 70s during the days of TheEagleman....David Vaughn was our starting C in 72-73 and at 7-0 was an Honorable mention All American....really good shooter and rebounder who could run the floor....but he left after one year transferring to UNLV where i don't think he ever played....he ended up in the old ABA for the Virginia Squires but was shot in some kind of incident and i don't think ever played pro again......one of TheEaglemans' personal favorites was 7-1 Rich Lucas who played a couple of seasons at ORU as a back up C....not very talented but a really nice guy....very quiet and a dry sense of humor......whenever he would come into a game (usually late in a blowout) the Mabee Center student section would chant.... LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!....and once or twice he put in a 2 point basket and we would go wild......he was a beloved figure in the years that he played and pretty sure he graduated with an ORU degree....I heard that he passed away a few years ago living in NC.......😪

Imagine if he had stayed for the next yr!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yes, he passed away. https://grubbfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/230/Richard-Lucas/obituary.html 

• Like 1

Vanover played high school ball with McBride in Little Rock. Very effective if he doesn’t have to run the floor or guard the perimeter.

• Upvote 2

The rich get richer: SDSU gets a transfer from the Wisconsin Badgers (three seed in NCAA tournament).  His name is Matthew Moors and he is a 6'7 240 power forward, who was a three star high school player.  Did not play last year, so is still a freshman.  Probaly redshirted.

11 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The rich get richer: SDSU gets a transfer from the Wisconsin Badgers (three seed in NCAA tournament).  His name is Matthew Moors and he is a 6'7 240 power forward, who was a three star high school player.  Did not play last year, so is still a freshman.  Probaly redshirted.

Still need some immediate impact players for next year!