Transfers

Keenan Henderson

6 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

South Dakota's seventh transfer:  Archambault

Oof. They were going to be top 3 this coming year. 

South Dakota courting TheEagleman for their board.....they want new and controversial chat.....See the source image

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

I may flip back to your side soon, but I think I have changed my mind on this. I don't mind intra-conference transfers. 

ORU benefited from Edmond native and Western Illinois transfer Obi Emegano

• Upvote 1

Kansas City has a second transfer:   Chapman

They have three seniors (all with five years playing time) that are leaving the program: Gilyard, Nesbitt and Lamar. They have some major rebuilding to do.

USD will still be strong, even they lost a lot of transfers. They have AJ Plitzewski, Bruns, and Tamos Kamatoes (Center) and they can get some juco guys or transfers to build around those three.

Another interesting name that entered the portal is Keyondre Young from Del City, Ok. He is a 6'8!!! Shooting guard that got injured early in the season for Valpo and played only 8 games. Shot 40% from 3 in a pretty small sample size. We did recruit him prior to him signing with Valpo. Maybe some of the local guys have more info on his game but I would think that a shooting guard of that height would help our defense.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/keyondre-young

• Upvote 2

Does ORU have any scholarships available? Lacis graduated and they signed Cameron from a Houston area high school. So right now the Eagles cannot really sign anyone else until one of the guys enters the transfer portal.

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Does ORU have any scholarships available? Lacis graduated and they signed Cameron from a Houston area high school. So right now the Eagles cannot really sign anyone else until one of the guys enters the transfer portal.

I figured we would have at least a couple open scholarships by now from one of the low-minute guys (Plet, Clover, Bergens, Lawrence, Tekvcic) - can't believe nobody is transferring. Pretty incredible that those guys appreciate the program enough to want to stick around, but it sure makes it tough when you see names hit the portal that would be a good fit and you can't even try to go and get them. 

Sure a quiet offseason so far for how "disgruntled" the team supposedly was. 

Updated (3/23) conference transfers:

Denver:  3  (Gatlin, Green, Moore)

North Dakota: 4  (Bruns, Howard, Igbanugo, McGrath)

NDSU:  6  (Cook, Haman, Harden-Hayes, Eady, Griesel, Guy)

South Dakota:  7  (Chisom, Fuller, Koster, Anderson, Goodrick, Perrott-Hunt, Archambault)

South Dakota State:  2  (Friedel, Wingett)

Western Illinois:   5  (Anhold, Burrell, Flores, Sandage, Pearson)

St. Thomas:   2  (Nelson, Omersa)

Kansas City:  3   (Boser, Barnes, Chapman)

Omaha:  3  (Johnson, Ferrarini, Lemetti)

• Thanks 1

ORU is the only Summit League team without any transfers..... so far

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

ORU is the only Summit League team without any transfers..... so far

Pretty incredible. If everyone stays, I feel like our problems aren’t really solved. It can be tweaked but requires some of the young bigs getting some more time and maybe having weaver come off the bench. It should give us an edge over the other teams as far continuity and familiarly with each other versus having an entirely rebuilt roster. Mills must be a heck of vision caster! SDSU will return a lot of talent but I think losing Douglas Wilson will be tough. He was an excellent defender on the pick and roll and a great post player.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Luka is the first transfer....

Feels like a weird first to go to me.  Also, his Instagram bio still has ORU basketball in it, he hasn’t posted anything about it, and the 247 sports link still doesn’t have it, maybe this is a false alarm?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Luka is the first transfer....

Ouch. Hard to believe but we just got smaller. I was impressed watching him shoot the 3 ball in warm ups and was hoping he and Sir Isaac would have stepped into a lot of PT next season.  It will be interesting to see where he lands. That will tell us a lot.

I would be willing to bet money this is at least by mutual consent; might even be a case of him being "encouraged to pursue other opportunities".

Coaches took him virtually sight unseen based on a recommendation last year when they lost Obanor.  Based on his playing time, they sure didn't seem very high on him.

FWIW; I kinda liked him myself... 👍

32 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I would be willing to bet money this is at least by mutual consent; might even be a case of him being "encouraged to pursue other opportunities".

Coaches took him virtually sight unseen based on a recommendation last year when they lost Obanor.  Based on his playing time, they sure didn't seem very high on him.

FWIW; I kinda liked him myself... 👍

Makes me wonder if someone from the portal will be joining the team soon....

• Upvote 1