Transfers

Keenan Henderson

In this topic we can keep an eye on transfers for ORU and other league teams.  As Eaglefan 21 mentioned there has already been some transfers within the league. Bruns, who was the freshman of the year, left North Dakota.

Denver just picked up a 6'7 guard from Little Rock, Mario Lukic, who averaged 11 points and 3 rebounds last year.

37 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

In this topic we can keep an eye on transfers for ORU and other league teams.  As Eaglefan 21 mentioned there has already been some transfers within the league. Bruns, who was the freshman of the year, left North Dakota.

Denver just picked up a 6'7 guard from Little Rock, Mario Lukic, who averaged 11 points and 3 rebounds last year.

Summit League podcast guys seem to think Bruns is headed for USD, which would be humiliating for UND.

The commissioner's office should have a rule prohibiting transfering within the league; or at least a mandatory season of ineligibility if you do so.

I can appreciate guys stepping out of conference to a bigger stage for more exposure, or to a smaller stage to earn more player time.

But, I have no sympathy for budding stars who "team-jump" within the league just to chase a ring. 

It smacks of AAU shenanigans - or Kevin Durant.  #cupcake

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Summit League podcast guys seem to think Bruns is headed for USD, which would be humiliating for UND.

The commissioner's office should have a rule prohibiting transfering within the league; or at least a mandatory season of ineligibility if you do so.

I can appreciate guys stepping out of conference to a bigger stage for more exposure, or to a smaller stage to earn more player time.

But, I have no sympathy for budding stars who "team-jump" within the league just to chase a ring. 

I disagree with you OT not so much as I think transferring in the conference is a good thing, but if coaches can recruit a kid to a school then take a higher paying job at a school in the same conference (Beard going from Texas Tech to the Longhorns comes to mind) why shouldn't the players be allowed to do the same thing? 

Now if the NCAA wants to limit the coaches along with players then that's fine, but don't just restrict the players and not the coaches! But if you can count an any organization to wait until something is a huge problem and then react-usually in a ridiculous way, if at all- it's the NCAA!!

The "shenanigans" ship sailed long ago in college basketball lets not just penalize or limit only the players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Maybe he just wanted to play in the more temperate climate of SOUTH Dakota?

Beach Day GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Bruns is from South Dakota, so it makes sense that he would transfer to USD. Western Illinois has already had two enter the portal. Would not be surprised if we see another 1500 transfers this year in college 🏀.

Do transfers (non graduates) have to sit a season or are they eligible right away? Covid changed that rule last year but is that from now on.

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

It has been a couple of dark days recently being an ORU basketball fan but nothing like being a UND fan. They can't keep talent.  I think they have had the freshman of the year two or 3 years in a row now and they immediately leave for less Ice-filled pastures. If Bruns chooes USD, they may be the team to beat next year regardless of what happens with SDSU, they will have AJ Plitzuweit coming back and I think most of the rest of their impact players are sophmore's or juniors

St. Thomas loses one of its stars to the portal: Andres Nelson. Nelson averaged around 15 points and 3 assists per game. He was listed as a senior, so might be using extra Covid year to see if there are greener pastures.

• Like 1

4 players have now entered the portal for North Dakota. I wonder if peer pressure starts to set in on some of these young guys as they watch their teammates move on?

1 hour ago, ORob2 said:

If anyone from ORU transfers, when would we expect the announcement(s) to sta

Believe they have until June or July to make a decision. If you remember last year, K.O. waited until the July 1st deadline to announce his transfer. So it is a long waiting game at this point.

Maleeck Harden-Hayes and Grayson Harmon from NDSU entered the transfer portal  (3/14) 

Add Jarius Cook, a starter, to NDSU's transfer list. They also lost Griesel and Rocky Krueser to graduation, so the Bison will have a lot of rebuilding to do next year.

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Add Jarius Cook, a starter, to NDSU's transfer list. They also lost Griesel and Rocky Krueser to graduation, so the Bison will have a lot of rebuilding to do next year.

Seems to be some chatter to the possibility of Coach Richman leaving NDSU....

Tulsa, Missouri, Kansas State????????????????

20 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Seems to be some chatter to the possibility of Coach Richman leaving NDSU....

Tulsa, Missouri, Kansas State????????????????

Well that is where Kansas St got their football coach so might as well go back and get their Basketball coach as well!:) 

Really wondering what Tulsa can pay for their basketball coach? Just not a great looking job with the conference they play in with no fan support and supposedly no $$. 

Here are 3 of the top candidates at TU........ See the source image

• Haha 2

Over a week after the end of the season and still no transfer announcements out of ORU? 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Over a week after the end of the season and still no transfer announcements out of ORU? 

There is a lot of time left

1 minute ago, jmg1984 said:

There is a lot of time left

True, but I would think a few of the names that we expect to see leave would want their names out there as soon as possible. In my mind, the only player that can afford to wait it out and still land wherever he wants is Max. 

I'm sure we'll start seeing announcements in the next few days, just surprised we haven't seen any yet.