Transfers

Keenan Henderson

TheEagleman watches some of the Drexel games that are on local TV here.....I will be watching Bergens to see what he has to offer.....frankly the Dragons are not usually very good.....🙄

7 hours ago, ORUIllini said:

For me, I think the "stars" that came along with Bergens may have been a detriment to him. I'll admit I had high hopes for him to contribute just based off of those 3 stars.

I wish him all the best at Drexel and hopefully a new environment and opportunity will allow him to show what he can do. If I remember correct, I think he was from the east coast, so being closer to home may help too.

Three stars??

Remember, Bergens was infamously touted as a FOUR-star recruit by some no-name online recruiting service, and then-Assistant AD Tim Johnson kept sending fundraising letters & e-mails all summer long, crowing about Bergens being "ORU's highest-ranked recruit EVER".

Guess he was unfamilier with Mark Acres being a Parade and McDonald's high school All-American... #smh

8 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Three stars??

Remember, Bergens was infamously touted as a FOUR-star recruit by some no-name online recruiting service, and then-Assistant AD Tim Johnson kept sending fundraising letters & e-mails all summer long, crowing about Bergens being "ORU's highest-ranked recruit EVER".

Guess he was unfamilier with Mark Acres being a Parade and McDonald's high school All-American... #smh

It's amazing how the hyperbole of our comments from the past come back to haunt us in the future. 🤣  Beware of what you say today for it may come back to bite you in the future.

What did we do before social media to keep us honest??  🤔

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

It's amazing how the hyperbole of our comments from the past come back to haunt us in the future. 🤣  Beware of what you say today for it may come back to bite you in the future.

What did we do before social media to keep us honest??  🤔

Along those lines:  If you guys/gals are anything like me, it can be a hoot to look back at posts from years ago to see what you thought at the time. 

Typically, I don’t remember writing it at all.

And granted, some of it is cringe-worthy with the benefit of hindsight. 

But a lot of times, you’ll find it’s not all that bad - always a kick when a bold prediction or hot take stands the test of time! 😎

• Like 2

One of the preseason magazines had said that Bergens was another ORU Dutch recruit that would be better than the Eagles former one, EMan.  I confess I was on the Bergens bandwagon and was completely wrong.  Clover was also a part of that can't miss 2020 class.

13 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Three stars??

The jump from high school to D1 is so large that the only true CAN'T MISS guys are the McDonald's All-Americans. I hope Bergens has success at Drexel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

Jonathan Alexandre has committed to Mid-America Christian University. Although he didn't get to play a lot of minutes at ORU, I liked the energy that he brought to the court. I think he will do well at MACU.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me that we really need a “thumbs down” reaction. Which would have also been very appropriate when the Lufile news broke here on the board.  @ORUTerry, is there a way to add it or perhaps trade the “upvote” reaction?  After all, I’m always torn between it and “like” 😂 Aren’t they similar enough that we could lose one and add a “dislike” reaction?  I have to ask…😁

Thanks!

Rob

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...