Transfers

Keenan Henderson

38 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

6-6 and 210 pounds with a 6-11 wingspan....Sounds like a great pick-up. Who is going to sit on the bench next year? So much talent!

6 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Seen him listed even lower then Max in NBA draft boards, say around 130-150. Hope he finds a good fit.

He doesn’t play ANY defense.

None. 

At least Max tries to defend, but is limited by his size.

Schiermann has no excuse other than a lack of desire on that end of the floor. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

This is a very good get for ORU as he will be able to play the 3 and 4 and can cover most guards and forwards. I always like these 6'6 or 6'7" type of guys that can cover multiple positions on defense. My favorite type of players. 

• Upvote 1

Agreed Darren. We can always find a way to have 3 Paul George kawhi Leonard  jayson Tatum types of guys on the floor at the same time

• Upvote 1

So is Williams an immediate starter at ORU? :shield-logo:

Time may prove me wrong, but this is NOT what either party involved needs. 

Kentucky needs defense and toughness, not more ball-centric players. Scheiermann will be defended by SEC length every time out in league play.  Bad combination!

From the SDSU basketball forum - this "agent" Austin Walton sounds like a real tool.  I thought it was still against the rules to be getting this sort of representation at the college level?

---

According to an article recently posted in The Athletic, Baylor is represented by the same agent (Austin Walton) as Nijel Pack.
The article (written by Kyle Tucker who covers UK basketball) mostly discusses a potential connection with Baylor and Kentucky because the agent is a huge fan. Here are some excerpts:

“That moved real quick,” agent Austin Walton said. “We have a high level of interest and I think the interest is mutual. The exposure of Kentucky basketball and the tradition there is something that appeals to Baylor. Their history of development and draft picks is something that’s very enticing for Baylor. It’s a lot of what we’re looking for.”

Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga, Arizona, UCLA, Florida, Baylor, Texas, Memphis, Alabama, Louisville and Michigan State have shown serious interest, Walton said. “It’s everyone. Everyone wants this kid.”

“This is going to move fast,” Walton said. More than 30 schools reached out in the first 18 hours, but Scheierman plans to cut his list to 10 or fewer by Wednesday. It is likely Kentucky will make that cut.

“He wants to play for a winner. He wants the big stage. He wants the exposure,” Walton said. “He wants someone who is going to coach him hard and develop him to become an NBA player, whether that’s this year or next year. He wants to play with other really good players, because that unlocks him. He wants to showcase his versatility, show exactly who he is and a place that is going to allow him to be Baylor.”

"... at the end of the day, it has to be the right fit for him. He needs to know how you’re going to use him, how serious you are about him, what you’re going to do when he gets there, how you’re going to develop him."

Walton also represents Nijel Pack, another elite transfer from Kansas State who picked Miami and signed a two-year, $800,000 name, image and likeness deal in the process. Kentucky should be an enticing option for Scheierman from an NIL perspective as one of college basketball’s leaders in that space. Both Washington and Sharpe earned around a half-million dollars in just a few months at UK, and Tshiebwe, after navigating the challenges of an international student visa, is expected to rake in seven figures. Even so, the Cats will have stiff competition to land Scheierman.

---

Pretty obvious that Scheiermann was tampered with by either P5 schools or agents once he made himself eligible for the draft.  Now he's basically acting just like a free agent in the NBA.

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

From the SDSU basketball forum - this "agent" Austin Walton sounds like a real tool.  I thought it was still against the rules to be getting this sort of representation at the college level?

---

i think to keep eligibility, the agent can only handle NIL deals.....not negotiate w/pro teams or leagues overseas

sounds like he is about to get paid. (btw: good for him, get it while you can)

shows how unique Max is.....i'm sure the few NIL deals he received this last yr pale in comparison to what he could have landed on the open market coming off the Sweet 16

Anything goes is basically what college basketball is becoming and it is probaly just the tip of the iceberg.  Yes student athletes should be given some money/benefits but there has to be some standards/boundaries otherwise it just becomes an auction for the highest bidder.  Hopefully the guys at ORU have a higher standard then just selling out for money.  Enough, will get off the soap box🙃!

• Upvote 1

Kentucky just got a transfer from Illinois State that is similar to Baylor Schierman.  Maybe he goes to Kansas or Duke instead.

Nate Clover has just entered the transfer portal.  Another big who did not get much playing time.  So, the Eagles are now down to Lufile and Herron, as far as post defenders.