Transfers

Keenan Henderson

Go get Keylan Boone. Per the TW, Kaleb has decided to stay in Stillwater and the twin brothers have never spent a day apart. Maybe he's wanting to stretch his wings, but I imagine he's not wanting to go too far. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, EagleManiac said:

Go get Keylan Boone. Per the TW, Kaleb has decided to stay in Stillwater and the twin brothers have never spent a day apart. Maybe he's wanting to stretch his wings, but I imagine he's not wanting to go too far. 

I was thinking the same thing. From what I remember, the other schools that recruited them were: ORU, TU and Wichita State. He’s a big guy that can shoot the 3. Would fit in great in our system 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Go get Keylan Boone.

He would be the perfect addition.

• Upvote 3

6-8 forward....we could use one of those...time for Coach Mills to work his magic....😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman may enter the transfer portal to a better team.....🍺😎😉

No offense Eagleman but we’re the only ones who love you enough to put up with you. 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

Yeah...so far no takers....except for College of The Ozarks...😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul Bruns to South Dakota. Really curious if there was any tampering there. 

• Upvote 1

The amount of movement between the Dakota schools is interesting. It seems curious that the league is okay with transferring in conference without any 'penalty' (sitting out a year).

Can they legally make someone sit out a year with this new transfer portal? It seems like anything goes! I talked with Tim Johnson recently and he said coaches now have to recruit their current players every year now.

Omaha has another transfer:  Ferrarini

I think the conferences can set the boundaries for transfers between member schools in order to restrict tampering

https://www.si.com/college/2018/06/13/ncaa-student-athletes-new-transfer-scholarship-rule-permission-contact

"Even with the new rule, conferences could still restrict athletes from transferring within the league."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

He would be the perfect addition.

You are right sir! He is exactly what ORU needs going into next year. He is looking to get more touches on the offensive side. He would certainly get those at ORU. 🙂

44 minutes ago, darrenj said:

You are right sir! He is exactly what ORU needs going into next year. He is looking to get more touches on the offensive side. He would certainly get those at ORU. 🙂

I wonder if being close with Phipps from HS/AAU helps? It all depends on what his goals are I guess. If he wants to be featured in fast paced system ORU is hard to beat.

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

"Even with the new rule, conferences could still restrict athletes from transferring within the league."

I am pretty sure the Big 10 restricts transfers between members.

3 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

I think the conferences can set the boundaries for transfers between member schools in order to restrict tampering

https://www.si.com/college/2018/06/13/ncaa-student-athletes-new-transfer-scholarship-rule-permission-contact

I may flip back to your side soon, but I think I have changed my mind on this. I don't mind intra-conference transfers. 

Is it a bad thing to keep a really good player like Bruns within the conference? If he wants to leave a flailing UND program, should we block him from keeping his talents with us? The biggest complaint that many of us as fans have against the transfer portal is that it prevents us from ever getting to know our team/opponents as they are constantly changing/evolving. Keeping a familiar face in the league helps to stop that trend. 

I also don't mind some conference drama between UND and USD to spice things up a little bit. Things have been too sportsmanlike recently. 

• Like 1

Omaha has another transfer:    Barnes

Not against transfers within the conference - just think there should be a barrier of some sort; i.e. sit out a year.

• Upvote 1