Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

At least its cold and rainy here today so hopefully it will be a miserable experience for him.

:D:D:D

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is absolutely no talk about him on any of the OU basketball blogs/message boards. And there won't be if he signs with them - except for the initial discussion. The talk is going to be abut the pending NCAA investigation and it impact on the program and Jeff Capel. Washington should really stay away from that situation.

With the Thunder's success this year, I don't think anybody even cares about OU basketball this year or for the forseeable future. The spring football game might make that apparent since no one will even talk about basketball again until December or January (depending on the bowl game). Even the women's team gets more talk than the men. Maybe an NCAA investigation is just what the men need to get back in the news.

From the Murray State board re: CJ

Here's response I found about CJ's weekend visit to Oklahoma:

He visited. He wasn't offered yet. He played with the team. OU is coming to work him out this week. If OU offers it will be a three team race between ORU, OU, and Murray. I think if OU offers he'll commit. OU's main selling point right now is pt. That may be why they are slow playing him in hopes to get someone else with the promise of pt.

Comment from CJ before OU trip: "Going to vist (sic) OU tomorrow and if all goes well (I'll play) there, I think."

from OU Insider message board:

"fyi a prep school point guard visited over the weekend... looks like it is between us and west virigina for him, calvin newell... a juco forward visited this weekend as well... cj washington from connors... also it is being reported that shooting guard terrence ross will visit soon, he and jones both have us in there final 5... we'll see..."

Heck i think the Sooners have like 8 spots open for next year.

I don't think CJ is option A for them at this time; however if a few of the other guys don't come through he could be on there list.

What (i hope) CJ realizes is that he might get some playing time at OU this year, but you can bet that Capel will have several big-time players coming in next year, to recruit over him...

What (i hope) CJ realizes is that he might get some playing time at OU this year, but you can bet that Capel will have several big-time players coming in next year, to recruit over him...

Playing time or not, I can't imagine the OU basketball experience is going to be very rewarding anytime soon, and not just in terms of wins.

That whole area has gone crazy for the Thunder, and OU attendance was beginning to be affected during Blake Griffin's last year. Next year, the fan support will be terrible, in response to OKC's playoff run and the "Tiny-Mason-Warren" fiasco in Norman.

How much fun could it possibly be, to fight for playing time while losing 30-to-40 games over the next two seasons in a near-empty Lloyd Noble Arena?

Another visitor on campus this week: Reese Holliday, 6'-3" All-State selection from Sumner Academy in Kansas City. Also, 6'-5" London, England-native Orlan Jackman from Seminole Junior College came up this past weekend for an unofficial visit. Both appear to be strong, thick wing players who could even operate underneath against the right opponent.

Here's an interesting article regarding Holliday, where he is named "Player of the Year" by the Wyandotte newspaper: says that the person most likely to play him in a biopic would be Dominique Morrison - must be because of the hair! Also says that he originally made an oral commitment to Wisconsin-Green Bay back in February.

Holliday Earns Player of the Year Honors

From the 4-16-2010 Green Bay Press Gazette:

Meanwhile, the beginning of the spring signing period for recruits came and went without the Phoenix hiring a head coach. The spring signing period opened on Wednesday, and the only high school senior who had committed to UWGB since the fall signing period apparently has decided to go elsewhere. Reese Holliday, a 6-foot-4 guard from Kansas City, Kan., made a verbal commitment to the Phoenix in February but now appears headed for Toledo. He's expected to visit there this weekend.

Fall signees Daniel Turner of McCordsville, Ind., and Sussex Hamilton's Kam Cerroni have said they plan to stick with UWGB if Wardle gets the job.

UWGB's coach left to go to Toledo and they are/were still looking for a replacement.

Link to Full Story

ORU fans may remember UW-Green Bay as the school that last year signed guard Rian Pearson, Kansas City-native and little brother to Golden Eagle Rod Pearson.

According to the Toledo message boards, Holliday made a visit to Toledo this past weekend, taking in their spring football game.

I think we need to get both Holliday and Pearson back down here in Tulsa with their fellow KC runnin' buddies! 8)

Holy cow: Ole Miss, Coastal Carolina, and Oral Roberts?

Now there's an eclectic trio - it's almost like he threw darts at a map of the United States! :P

He attended high school at Progressive Christian Academy in Maryland.