Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

Some current players stay for summer classes and work the basketball camps in June.

Incoming freshmen, by NCAA rule I think, are not allowed to work the camps - but they can attend summer classes, and some probably will.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lliteras signs with Oral Roberts

By Nick Stevens

Updated at 10:44 a.m.

Cedar Ridge basketball player Jake Lliteras verbally committed to Oral Roberts on Sunday afternoon and later signed his National Letter of Intent.

Lliteras confirmed the information to HighSchoolOT.com through an e-mail. Oral Roberts head coach Scott Sutton announced the signing on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-5 swingman averaged 15-points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game last season, according to a report by the Associated Press. He was an all-conference selection and was named to the HighSchoolOT.com All-OT Team.

Lliteras also had offers from Boise State, Central Arkansas, Utah State and Winthrop. He became the third player to sign with Oral Roberts from the Class of 2010, joining 6-foot-9 forward Chris Angsomwine of Ghana and 6-foot-7 forward Steven Roundtree of Jacksonville, Fla.

Cedar Ridge was 24-3 overall last season and 17-0 in the Carolina 9 Conference. The Red Wolves advanced to the N.C. High School Athletic Association's 2-A Eastern Regional Semifinals where they lost to Clinton.

(They have a picture on the site, but I cannot copy it over.)

Link

Here is how I would divide the team up into positions:

Point Guard

Ken Holdman

Rod Pearson

Hunter McClintock

Mikey Manghum

Shooting Guard

Hunter McClintock

Warren Niles

Jake Lliteras

Wing/Small Forward

Dominique Morrison

Kyron Stokes

Steven Roundtree

Power Forward

Michael Craion

Tim Morton

Chris Angsomwine

Center

Damon Bell-Holter

Javier Nassare

Wow! That list makes us look painfully thin in the post.

Need to add Kyron Stokes to the list.... unless there's breaking news I'm unaware of.

Also, has it been confirmed that Pearson is a junior (medical hardship) - and is Morton really still a freshman? He's been out of High School for at least three years.

Since we have completed recruiting for this year, I thought I would scan Rivals.com to see who has listed us as a team they have an interest in. I realize that most of the time our recruits do not end up on a list, but this at least gives us an idea of players we MIGHT be recruiting and possibly sign in November.

A.J. Price - 6'3"

The Colony, Lewisville, TX

Cameron brown - 6'2"

Liberty, Frisco, TX

Andrew Wilson - 6'6"

East Central, Tulsa, OK

Chris Jones - 6'1"

Lakeview Centennial, Garland, TX

Jay Hook - 6'4"

Midway, Waco, TX

Andrew Wilson would be a good get for next year. Really thin at the PF position as Morton and Javier are pretty much centers and would have a hard time covering guys on the perimeter.

Andrew Wilson would be a good get for next year. Really thin at the PF position as Morton and Javier are pretty much centers and would have a hard time covering guys on the perimeter.

The search continues for the big man/men we didn't get this year... :worried:

got to be another Craion or Owens type out there for them somewhere. Gosh knows they are looking!

Got a little unlucky with a couple of kids from the spring.

...has it been confirmed that Pearson is a junior (medical hardship) - and is Morton really still a freshman? He's been out of High School for at least three years.

I don't think there's any problem with either of them, next year or down the road:

Pearson played two seasons at SE Missouri State, sat out a transfer year at ORU, then was injured early last year before he played the minimum number of games that would have cost him a season's worth of eligibility. After this coming season, he will then need to apply for a medical hardship ruling for a "fourth season in six years", but he's a textbook case for that being granted.

Morton simply sat out a year back home after failing to qualify for ORU out of Cornerstone Prep School, so I don't think that counts against him in any way. After getting his test scores straightened out during that time, he was admitted to ORU, where he redshirted his first year on campus. Then, in what would have been his "freshman eligibility" season last year, he was injured and lost for the year in the same pre-season practice as Hunter McClintock. So, while it's true he hasn't played college basketball in three years, he still should have four seasons of college eligibility left. Barring any other calamities, he can play three straight seasons before needing to apply for the same "fourth season in six years" medical hardship ruling as Pearson.

McClintock, by the way, still has four seasons left, also. He can (I think) forego the hardship petition after his third season of playing - they would just consider last season a redshirt year.

Given all of Nassare's injuries during the year, is there any way for him to gain another year of eligibility?

Nasarre redshirted a year in juco, and was actually available to play most of last year - he just never got into most of the games he suited up for. Plus, he transferred between something like three different juco's before landing at ORU, and I'm not sure what that does to your eligibility. I'm pretty sure this next year is his last possible season to play at ORU.

ORU needs a serious contribution from Nasarre this season....he's gotta give us 10-15 solid minutes a game at center especially since DBH showed a penchant to get into foul trouble....when he did play, Javier showed a nice shooting touch but looked like he might need to hit the weight room...anybody know if the young man is bulking up in the off season?.... :!: