• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea I agree...much faster paced....they are talking about how he has a slow shot....thats gonna get blocked alot in the big 12...heck that will even get blocked alot in summit....If he does go to ORU...I just hope they dont try to change his shot though.....They changed Beloved's shooting style and it didnt work out at all...couple of weeks ago I was looking at some old tapes of Beloved and his whole style had changed...that and confidence really hurt him..

Anybody know where Beloved Rogers is headed?.... :geek:

yea I agree...much faster paced....they are talking about how he has a slow shot....thats gonna get blocked alot in the big 12...heck that will even get blocked alot in summit....If he does go to ORU...I just hope they dont try to change his shot though.....They changed Beloved's shooting style and it didnt work out at all...couple of weeks ago I was looking at some old tapes of Beloved and his whole style had changed...that and confidence really hurt him..

Beloved's problems were between the ears - nice enough kid, but a selfish ball player.

Beloved's problems were between the ears - nice enough kid, but a selfish ball player.

thats very true lol

Anybody know where Beloved Rogers is headed?.... :geek:

he is in some JC in Baltimore right now...just waitn...trying to find any school that will take him I guess....he is sending out old AAU tapes trying to find somewhere...he is only looking D1

Rogers would have gotten a lot of run in the 2nd half of the season if he would have stayed and then transferred and would have had a better chance at a better school. Oh well !

Barnes could be a Cade Davis type if he works hard. That would fit in nicely at ORU.

I blame his parents, for that name. I can't imagine a worse combination of sending a signal of entitlement and ensuring he will be mercilessly picked on.

I'm told that the recruit you saw was Chris "C.J." Washington from Connors State, the Region II "Player Of The Year" this past season. He's from Stringtown, and was described as "a legit 6-7 and about 215-220 pounds - a really, really nice player".

Washington sounds perfect for our needs - if we could land him and Roundtree, that would be fantastic. :clap:

Big day for C.J. : Connors State sophomore is a first team All-American

By Kenton Brooks, Muskogee Phoenix, Okla.

Apr. 3--The first person to find out that Connors State's C.J. Washington was named to the National Junior College Athletic Association All-America Team was the 6-foot-7 sophomore himself.

"Coach (Jeff) Johnson (Connors assistant coach) told me I had a chance to be on the second team," Washington said. "I went online looking for it and didn't see my name.

"Then, I saw it on the first team. I didn't expect that at all. I was surprised."

The first person Washington called was Connors coach Bill Muse.

Muse was not surprised.

"I would say him coming here worked out equally well for him and us," Muse said. "He had a brilliant career."

Brilliant indeed. Washington rewrote the school's record books this season.

His 26 rebounds against Murray State broke the previous single-game mark of 21 by Simeon Haley in 1993. His average of 12.9 rebounds was better than the 12.8 by Elmore Spencer in 1989-90 and the 413 rebounds moves to the top of the all-time single-season list, replacing Sam Haley's 384 in 1992-93.

Also averaging 19.2 points per game, Washington also becomes the seventh player in Connors history to score 1,000 points and finished with 1,057 in his two years in the program.

Washington calls his sophomore season a breakout year.

But now it's time to take his basketball skills to the next level. Colleges including Oral Roberts, Ball State, Western Kentucky, Wright State, Wichita State and Murray State have shown interest.

"I visited Oral Roberts and I liked it," Washington said. "I'm not sure about going there. I'm going to visit Murray State on April 8.

full story: http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/143292588

Hummmm....his comments make it sound like we don't have much of a shot.....this kid is just what we need for next year.....TheEagleman guesses that our chances are not very good...... :worried:

Hummmm....his comments make it sound like we don't have much of a shot.....this kid is just what we need for next year.....TheEagleman guesses that our chances are not very good...... :worried:

Yep, sounds like we have some work to do, but at least he mentioned us and that he liked his visit. He didn't have to say anything about ORU at all. With CJ making first team A-A, it puts him on the radar screen for schools looking for a mid-sized forward. It sounds like he is still a mid-major type of player based on the schools interested in him, but he may sign later in the signing period if he doesn't like his Murray State trip. Murray State is going to use their NCAA run to tell CJ how important he is to their plans. Hopefully we can convince CJ of how important he is to make a NCAA run of our own.

Chris Babb of Arlington, TX, who played with Rotnei Clarke and Willie Warren's "Team Texas" AAU club, and who visited ORU as a high school recruit along with Clarke, has announced that he is transferring from Penn State after two seasons.

His father has been quoted as saying he has "talked to a number of Missouri Valley schools, and a couple of Big XII schools" about his services.

He will have to sit out a year and will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Former Arlington-Oakridge Star Babb To Transfer From Penn State

Chris Babb of Arlington, TX, who played with Rotnei Clarke and Willie Warren's "Team Texas" AAU club, and who visited ORU as a high school recruit along with Clarke, has announced that he is transferring from Penn State after two seasons.

His father has been quoted as saying he has "talked to a number of Missouri Valley schools, and a couple of Big XII schools" about his services.

He will have to sit out a year and will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Former Arlington-Oakridge Star Babb To Transfer From Penn State

So - he's expressed interest in them - is anybody reciprocating?

So - he's expressed interest in them - is anybody reciprocating?

He started for the Nittany Lions and was their third-leading scorer, but they only won 11 games all year, and just three in Big Ten play. I would think he would eventually end up at a place like a TCU, SMU, TU, Missouri State or even an ORU.

Did a lot better at Penn st than i thought he would. Be a really good fit at a Missouri Valley school. His dad would like him at a bigger school than ORU.

Still in good shape for CJ and hopefully Roundtree also.

Did a lot better at Penn st than i thought he would. Be a really good fit at a Missouri Valley school. His dad would like him at a bigger school than ORU.

Still in good shape for CJ and hopefully Roundtree also.

Here's hoping C.J. gets a little homesick for Green Country while visiting Murray State this weekend!

Seriously, he might be just what the doctor ordered at Kevin Ford's spot the next two years. Playing him alongside DBH or Craion could make a formidable front line.

Oh man....TheEagleman wants CJ Washington for an early birthday present....can Coach Sutton make it happen?.....Murray State?....PTOOOOEY!.... :P