Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

Some interesting chatter on the OU message boards regarding Washington: when Sooner fans aren't poking fun at his grammar, they're scratching their heads as to why he hasn't signed his LOI yet.

ouhoops.com - "C.J. Washington Facebook Post"

ouhoops.com - "CJ Washington:Connors State"

It does make you wonder: why hasn't he signed with OU yet? ^_^

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe CJ is having a cappachino with Coach Sutton as we speak...... :P..................I guess it didn't work..... :(

According to Rivals.com, PJ Lockeridge (remember him?) has not signed with anyone yet....

Link

Orlan Greene-Jackman said that SWOSU reminded him of a farm...lol...so i think its safe to say...he is not going there....he said the visit was just ok

Kansas City native Reese Holliday signed with Toledo today, following the former UWGB coach that he originally committed to in the fall:

Holliday Signs With Toledo (Toledo Blade 4/23)

While it appears Holliday was a winner and would help any team he joins, he would have been joining a crowded bunch at ORU at the #2 guard slot.

The guy we still REALLY need is Jake Lliteras from North Carolina - he would be an outstanding addition at the #3. Hope we hear a decision from him soon...

Need some good news this week OT!

Agree, DJ...the visits are starting to wind down and decisions are starting to be made. April may still be good for the Golden Eagles.

ORU could use "Jake the Snake".....time for an all-night prayer vigil?.... ;) .....maybe that's what was needed before Washington decided on OU?.... :P

What do the regulations say about fans sending care packages to potential players?

:hai:

Exactly what you would expect them to say: :shake:

Looks like we've signed/received a commitment from Jake Lliteras!

An assumed classmate just posted on his Facebook wall: "Congrats on ORU! I'm proud of you!"

Hooray!

That's great news if true!....so what's the full scoop on this guy?....he's the "Scott Kangas clone" with the excellent outside range.... TheEagleman has already dubbed him as Jake the Snake.... :clap:

I saw Jake at the 66ers game when he was in town last week for his visit, and he physically reminded me more of former ORU great Chad Wilkerson that he did Oakland sharpshooter Eric Kangas - he's not exactly skinny, but he could use a few pounds!

I just know that the coaching staff is REALLY excited about what this kid brings to the table. If Jake has in fact committed to ORU, he and Roundtree make this a very nice spring signing class: two freshmen with size and perimeter shooting skills, either of whom could see significant playing time next season.

Looks like we've signed/received a commitment from Jake Lliteras!

An assumed classmate just posted on his Facebook wall: "Congrats on ORU! I'm proud of you!"

Hooray!

I hope you're right - but this could also be a congratulations for receiving an offer from ORU, not on ACCEPTING an offer. Still, I'm looking forward to the official announcement!

This is a nice pickup.... nice to have a shooter with size. And he is a four year player.