Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

Well, not quite CJ Washington but this kid sounds like a good one....and TheEagleman also likes it that Jake is a four year guy.... :up:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, not quite CJ Washington but this kid sounds like a good one....and TheEagleman also likes it that Jake is a four year guy.... :up:

agreed!

The guy we still REALLY need is Jake Lliteras from North Carolina - he would be an outstanding addition at the #3. Hope we hear a decision from him soon...

A little inside knowledge there, OT?

Barring any unforeseen changes, here is what our roster will look like next year:

Rod Pearson............ 6’2” Junior

Hunter McClintock....... 6’1’ Freshman

Ken Holdman........... 6’1” Junior

Mikey Manghum....... 6’1” Sophomore

Kyron Stokes........... 6’5” Junior

Warren Niles........... 6’4” Sophomore

Dominique Morrison.... 6’6” Junior

Jake Lliteras........... 6’5” Freshman

Stephen Roundtree..... 6’7” Freshman

Michael Craion......... 6’5” Senior

Damon Bell-Holter...... 6’10” Sophomore

Javier Nassare......... 6’10” Senior

Tim Morton............ 6’9” Freshman

Chris Angsomwine...... 6’9” Junior

Freshmen – 4

Sophomores – 3

Juniors – 5

Seniors - 2

A little inside knowledge there, OT?

Seriously, no - I just know that Lliteras and Washington were the two guys the coaches really hoped to get this spring (after Roundtree, who already signed), and that Holliday just kind of fell in our lap at the last minute, after the head coach who secured his commitment at UWGB left for Toledo. Apparently, Reese's mom really wanted him at ORU, but seeing now that he committed to Toledo immediately after his visit here, you have to wonder if visiting ORU was just to make her happy.

Bottom line, I assume there would have been room in the big picture for Holliday, but Lliteras addresses a more immediate need that is apparently not Reese's strong suit: 3-point shooting.

I'm skeptical that Javier Nassare will be back next year... and that skepticism comes from nothing concrete - just rumors and banter that goes on among the students.

I'm skeptical that Javier Nassare will be back next year... and that skepticism comes from nothing concrete - just rumors and banter that goes on among the students.

I'm pretty sure that Nassare still figures in the plans for next year.

He never really got in shape after the foot injury at the beginning of the season - he's a fascinating prospect if he can just keep up with the speed of the game at this level.

We need Nassare for depth in the post position. He is the only other player besides Bell-Holter & Craion with (limited) playing experience. Morton (still) and Angsomwine are unknown quantities.

Hey, a quick sort of posts at the bottom of the page reveals that this thread, at 15 pages, has moved up to #3 all-time on the ORUsports.com message board in terms of length.

But, it still has a long way to go to challenge the #1 longest thread, at 27 pages, on the topic of none other than "He Who Shall Not Be Named".

Which, in hindsight, must represent one of the biggest wastes of time and thought in the history of mankind... :doh:

Which, in hindsight, must represent one of the biggest wastes of time and thought in the history of mankind... :doh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, a quick sort of posts at the bottom of the page reveals that this thread, at 15 pages, has moved up to #3 all-time on the ORUsports.com message board in terms of length.

But, it still has a long way to go to challenge the #1 longest thread, at 27 pages, on the topic of none other than "He Who Shall Not Be Named".

And here we are adding to it! :lol:

Do we have anymore scholarships available and are we looking at any possible recruits still for this signing period?

Do we have anymore scholarships available and are we looking at any possible recruits still for this signing period?

I believe at this point all scholarships are accounted for.

And here we are adding to it! :lol:

ok so since all the scholarships are accounted for...and this is a 2010 recruiting feed......so i guess this is the last comment of it...so no one post after this...im the last post! :up: ...I guess the #1 longest thread will still be the longest lol...bahahahah :devil:;) lol

not a chance.......... :P

I wonder when the three recruits will start taking classes? Do we usually have the new guys come early and attend summer school? I spoke with some of the players at the All-Sports banquet and they mentioned they were taking classes in the first two summer sessions.