Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

we had a recruit visit yesterday (3/26)...he didnt look like any of the players that I have on top of our board..idk who he was....he looked like he was about 6'8 maybe...post player...I didnt get a chance to see if he was good though b/c I was leaving the AC as they were about to begin playing

I'm told that the recruit you saw was Chris "C.J." Washington from Connors State, the Region II "Player Of The Year" this past season. He's from Stringtown, and was described as "a legit 6-7 and about 215-220 pounds - a really, really nice player".

Washington sounds perfect for our needs - if we could land him and Roundtree, that would be fantastic. :clap:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm told that the recruit you saw was Chris "C.J." Washington from Connors State, the Region II "Player Of The Year" this past season. He's from Stringtown, and was described as "a legit 6-7 and about 215-220 pounds - a really, really nice player".

Washington sounds perfect for our needs - if we could land him and Roundtree, that would be fantastic. :clap:

ok yea that sounds about right...yea He is a great player over at Connors State (18.7ppg)...that would be a big signing year if we can get both of those guys

A little info on Chris C.J. Washington --

C.J. Washington 6-7 PF Connors State CC, OK - Athletic 225-pound power man averaged 21.3 points and 13.5 rebounds in games we watched. He was all over the glass and finished everything in close. Has quicks to defend the high post four spot. He should get lots of mid and high major looks this spring.

http://www.hoopmasters.com/article.php?aid=1269382815

Two stories regarding Connors State's playoff games. They were ranked #4 in the nation but were eliminated after losing the first two games.

Link #1

Link #2

Expect new CJ washington to be newcomber of the year if he signs with us...saw him play today in AC....HE is a BEAST....can shoot...post up....has hops....great player....if he gets enough minutes..he shud do pretty well if he comes to ORU......Roundtree didnt play well at all...could have been a little nervous..but didnt seem like he could dribble the ball well either....His defence was average...but it seemed he was standing around alot.....@Kkranjenka his name is Steven Roundtree

what do you mean if he gets enough minutes? if he is good enough wouldn't he get the minutes?

yea... but... who knows

Plenty of minutes available for players like Washington and Roundtree - would love for us to get to the point where no one has to play more than 30 minutes a game. Would pay dividends down the stretch in terms of fresh legs, fewer injuries, etc.

What are the odds of us signing either one of these guys, Derek?....would you prefer one over the other?....do they both have 3 yrs of eligibility left or only 2?..... :)

What are the odds of us signing either one of these guys, Darren?....would you prefer one over the other?....do they both have 3 yrs of eligibility left or only 2?..... :)

I think this was directed to me..maybe not (my name is Derek) lol...but I believe our chances of signing both of these guys are very good...but yea I would definitely pick Washington over Roundtree by far...Roundtree looks like one of those project guys...and we already signed one of those for this class Angsomwine...but I believe Washington has 3years left...i think he is a freshman at Connors State...someone correct me if i am wrong....but Roundtree has 4 years b/c he just went to prep school...that would be just like Damen...still 4years

Roundtree is very athletic though that was easily seen...but he just couldnt put the ball in...even layups...he was also turning it over alot too...but there were a few times that the guys swarmed him in the corner an that led to a few turnovers

Thanks, Chief....let's get Washington then....he sounds like the man for ORU next year..... :up:

Washington sounds like a good get if he would come. If we took him out to the baseball game tonight, he would have seen a decent crowd of students (albeit rowdy), but it was windy/chilly.

Roundtree is a prep school kid that has received interest from high majors, but he seems to be a "bridesmaid" on offers from schools like that. Although he may be a project (and I don't know that to be the case - only from what dchief has observed), at his size, and if Washington, Craion and DBH can hold up the middle (with some contributions from Morton), we could possibly redshirt someone like Roundtree as he gets used to the pace of D-1 play and have him, Washington and Morton for two years together after next year and still have him as a senior leader in the middle for his final season.

I'd be willing to invest in someone at Roundtree's size that could provide some practice help next season and have him in the system for five years. Better than having a shooting guard with an attitude. :?:

yea Roundtree does have great size...I thnk I would wait and use him as a fall back option....because there are still some other guys out there that have interest in us....Roundtree did enjoy his visit though