Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

Any idea why we spent a scholarship on this guy?....he's putting up pathetic numbers in his 2nd yr at the JUCO level....looks to be an end of the bench guy at ORU....can't see him coming in and beating out Nasarre for PT.....Javier definitely has some skills and is 6-10.... :!:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes it is....and TheEagleman lives in the Phila. area and his prior school Harcum College isn't even on the basketball radar here....a VERY low level of competition and until a few years ago it was an all girls junior college....he didn't even put up good numbers there....I don't get this signing at all....is somebody doing someone a favor?....our recruiting staff doesn't seem to be that stupid.... :worried:

I'll put it this way: if this guy sees more than a couple of minutes a game next year, it might be one of the greatest reclamation jobs EVER by our coaching staff. He's basically coming in with no resume to speak of.

I'll put it this way: if this guy sees more than a couple of minutes a game next year, it might be one of the greatest reclamation jobs EVER by our coaching staff. He's basically coming in with no resume to speak of.

That really begs the question - why did we sign him? Maybe they see him as an untapped resource.

Maybe he is hiding his talent....

Can't expect our coaches to bat a thousand every time. We have two other scholarships to fill and it looks like we might be able to fill some holes with quality players if things go our way.

The truth is that you can only play an 8 to 9 man rotation and keep continuity - unless we play an uptempo style. Next year we will have:

McClintock

Pearson

Holdman

Stokes

Niles

Manghum

Morrison

Craion

Bell-Holter

Morton

Nasarre

plus the three incoming recruits. I look for Manghum to be red-shirted.

yet another name on the radar (Rakim Brown)...the article is about a week old

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/02/15/182 ... flect.html

Central High's 'Rocky,' coach reflect on ride

(excerpt)

In the TRAC -- clearly the section's premier league and represented with the Nos. 1-4 in The Bee's rankings -- Brown is averaging 23.0 points.

"When you up your numbers in league -- especially in our league -- that's pretty special," LeBeau says.

Brown is doing so with an athletic, strong and quick 6-foot-7, 195-pound body that can play any position on the floor, offensively and defensively.

"He's very challenging to prepare for," says coach Eric Swain of Buchanan, which will close the regular season Friday at Central. "He's got the ability to face the basket and make plays off the bounce, and he's strong enough, when he gets into the paint, that it's awfully tough to contest where he wants to go.

"I'm surprised he hasn't had [college] offers."

That appears to be changing.

In fact, it was following the performance at Buchanan -- counting also 12 rebounds, six steals and five assists -- that Eastern Washington coach Kirk Earlywine pinned down LeBeau for about 20 minutes near midcourt, expressing interest in Brown.

Earlywine offered a scholarship to him Wednesday, an Oral Roberts coach is expected to scout him Friday, Cal State Fullerton may also be represented and Fresno State has requested Brown's transcripts, Brown and LeBeau say.

LeBeau, who assisted Jerry Tarkanian at Fresno State and Vance Walberg at Pepperdine, is convinced Brown is fit for major college competition, and eventually will be an impact player:

"I think he'll be an all-leaguer as a junior and senior if his progression keeps going."

Brown sounds DoMo-like... We really seem to be going after a small forward/wing player who can score in transition. If we are looking to push the tempo next season that would be perfect

Here is some more info on Brown.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/calhisports/ ... -Week.html

Rakim Brown (Central, Fresno): The 6-foot-7 senior put on a one-man show against perennial power Clovis West with one-handed dunks and many three-point shots in front of a packed gym. He scored a career-high 39 points, the fourth best in school history, according to section historian Bob Barnett. Central edged Clovis West for the second time this season, this time by 85-77, in a Tri-River Athletic League game.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2009/04/04/130 ... brown.html

Angsomwine came for a visit to ORU...and he did well in some pick up games playing with the team...so the coaches talked to him and gave him a scholarship.

We have three scholarships available (Kevin Ford's, Beloved Rogers' and the open one from the APR penalty). With Angsomwine taking one, that leaves two open.

I think the actual dates are April 16 to May 19.... but there is conflicting information.

Pearson has TWO years left?.... :o

Pearson will have to petition the NCAA for a medical red-shirt and won't find out if they approve until the end of next year.... I think.