Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

i know I feel bad for him 2..i agree...He has some good talent very good talent...I think Tommy Mason-Griffin and Tiny Gallon have a bright future ahead of them.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how can you feel badly for his team that he has recruited? I'm an OU fan second and think he can eventually get into these guys heads.

Capel is a great recruiter.... his coaching is still up in the air. Griffin made him look really good.

i feel bad for him because he has the talent...he has brought in some big time recruits...he just hasnt gotten them to gel together as a team. Then they also lost Juan Patillo at the first of the season, which hurt them. He's got a couple good recruits coming in next year taylor and clark..and im pretty sure they are going to get KC Ross-Miller as well..OU #1 on his list, he also really likes baylor

ORU really needs to sign some talent this spring. Our front court is looking pretty thin after Ford graduates. Only Bell-Holter will be left.

Craion is a front court player and junior right? But we do need a couple more bigs for next year.

Looks like the old "3 guard offense" next season unless ORU makes a big guy signing next month....we're gonna be small up front....what's with Nasarre?....still hurt or not good enough?....pre-season comments had Javier battling for a starting spot at forward.... :!:

You have Holter, Javier and Morton at the center position for next year. Need another Craion type or athlete to play the 4 position.

You have Hunter and Pearson to play the point and Morrison to play the 3 spot.

Need a shooter at the 2.

That is what they are looking for in the spring.

You have Holter, Javier and Morton at the center position for next year. Need another Craion type or athlete to play the 4 position.

You have Hunter and Pearson to play the point and Morrison to play the 3 spot.

Need a shooter at the 2.

That is what they are looking for in the spring.

With all due respect, DJ (and you know I really mean that), most of that returning group may look good on paper, but the fact remains:

Javier: often injured, unproven at this level, not an interior player

Morton: often injured, also unproven at this level, never played a minute of college ball

Hunter: coming off major knee injury, hasn't played a college minute

Pearson: coming off major knee injury, will have played only three games in two years by next season

Sole signee (so far) Chris Angsomwine's stats at Kilgore College after fifteen games this season: 25-for-61 shooting for 41%, 7-of-19 on free throws for 37%, average of 3.8 points and 4.5 rebounds a game, totals of 7 blocks, 3 steals, 4 assists for the season.

Not trying to bag on all these kids, and no one has more respect for how much our staff gets out of their roster, year in and year out, but we could frankly use guys for next year at every position, not just a couple of spots on the floor...

Yeah... Damen is gonna need more help. ORU needs a big Morrison type recruit if we want to stay in the top half of the Summit. Oakland is only getting better, they are out-recruiting Horizon and MAC schools in their region.

OT,

I am saying if everyone is healthy(big IF) they are ok at those positions. Javier would be fine if he could stay healthy and actually play for awhile. a summer worth of weights and playing would do wonders for him and Morton.

If Hunter and Pearson are healthy right now i think they are undefeated in conference and probably beat Sam Houston and Ark Little Rock and everyone is incredibly happy with the team. No way SDst beats them and they handle IUPUI the other night. Hopefully they both come back in good shape and are ready to go for next year.

Take 2 of the top 5 players off most teams especially their 2 best ball handlers and their teams would suffer greatly. To do as well as they have is pretty good.

They do need a shooter for next year to help them and another athletic swing guy like Craion would be very nice. Got to remember no one had heard of Craion last summer and he has been a nice player for them.

I don't know much about the kid from Kilgore.( sounds like he needs to work on his shooting) Hopefully he can play some defense and block shots.

The guys do get worn down a little having to play as much as they do and with Stokes really banged up right now that is not helping.

Okay, this is completely off the record, because I know we're not supposed to be playing "what if" about McClintock, but MAN, I would have loved to have seen the fireworks as a result of he and Ford playing together. I think they would have kept one KFord slot open on ESPN's Top Ten, he would have been lighting teams up so often.

I'm back on the record now.

Okay, this is completely off the record, because I know we're not supposed to be playing "what if" about McClintock, but MAN, I would have loved to have seen the fireworks as a result of he and Ford playing together. I think they would have kept one KFord slot open on ESPN's Top Ten, he would have been lighting teams up so often.

I'm back on the record now.

Why stop there? He could be lobbing alley-oops to Marchello Vealy and Jahaziel Howard, too, with Jeremy Hazell and Dominique Gaines bombing the threes! :lol:

Off the record....TheEagleman strongly believes we could be 16-3 if Hunter and Pearson hadn't gotten hurt..... :rofl::P:geek: