Confirmed: Paul Mills to Wichita State

Old Titan

I didn't use the word dishonest. I like Mills, have spent time with him, and admit he did  really good things for ORU. I used the word situational ethics and that is something that has gradually crept into our society. For the vast majority of  US  history men shook hands and gave their word to each other. Their word actually meant something, it was sacred just like scripture teaches us. Even if it cost you something that you didn't like you kept your word. I get it, businessmen, coaches, spouses, etc sign contracts and then break them all the time. In our culture this is  1000% acceptable but in God's Word and His kingdom it is not. Am I perfect and have I fallen short? Of course I have  but that doesn't justify my behavior and it should convict me to want to change. The point Eagleman and I are making(I am sure Eagleman will correct me if he feels differently) is in today's society contracts and people's word don't mean much. I get it Mills like most coaches are in a system where it is difficult to honor your contract but let's not let make what scripture says into  something that we want. We are not talking about whether Mills was genuine but that he broke his contract.

• Upvote 3

Curious to know if Coach Mills is aware of the origin of the finger gesture he's making . . .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tmh8286 said:

Curious to know if Coach Mills is aware of the origin of the finger gesture he's making . . .

I'm uninformed about the finger symbol that he is making.  I've seen the players use something similar.  No idea.

Just now, MrsSmith said:

I'm uninformed about the finger symbol that he is making.  I've seen the players use something similar.  No idea.

Just as well. It is considered an obscene gesture  - except by Shocker fans, I guess.

3 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Masonic?😂🤣

• Haha 4

That Shocker mascot actually makes our current version of Eli look good and I didn’t know that was possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

I thought it was a “W”

Check out Urban Dictionary.

But, be warned:  NSFW  😳

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Check out Urban Dictionary.

But, be warned:  NSFW  😳

Let’s just let it go and pretend it never came up. We are better than this. 

• Haha 1

TheEagleman is just wondering....what do you think the odds are that WSU and ORU schedule a game within the next say 3 years???....just guessing it's less than 5%.......image.jpeg.7771ec3c34fdebaaa90aa267d0e5218f.jpeg

I asked a buddy that lives in Wichita what he was hearing about the Mills hire. I mentioned to him that Mills was close with Tang at K State. He said he hadn't been paying too much attention to the new coach situation at WSU, but this morning he sent me some info on Tang at KSU. Apparently Tang is rapidly working his way into the hearts and minds of K State students and fans, and is quickly influencing the culture there. Here is what he said:

"One huge change that Coach Tang has instituted at KState is in regards to vulgarities from the student section. The band would play "Sandstorm" and chant "F--- KU". Even when not playing KU. Administration of KState had banned the playing of Sandstorm several years ago due to this, but it had snuck its way back into the rotation. After the first home game, Tang addressed it in some media comments, and then when it happened again, he held a full blown press conference just about what a great student body KState had, but they weren't showing it. Instead of being against something/someone, he asked the student body to be FOR something/someone. Now the students chant K-S-U instead of the old way. For senior night, it seemed like Tang called a timeout, and at the same time the stadium lights dimmed, the band started playing, cell phones lit up the auditorium and the students chanted K-S-UUUU sooo loud, doing the same motion of the Wabash Cannonball dance with their lights. Magical.

Coach Tang also has started to join the student section or the band after the handshake line, before doing any TV interviews. Students love him!"

Here are a couple links he sent:

Facebook

The story I posted above is discussed in a very positive way in the YouTube video.

Oh by the way, Otis My Man.....clearly we are NOT better than this......Image result for George Costanza

• Haha 1

The reason for posting all of this info about Tang is to raise the question: could  part of Mills' motivation to make the move to WSU be to attempt a cultural change at that university similar to what his good friend has brought about at K State? With Mill's deep devotion to his faith, and the Great Commission, I wonder if this could have been an influence. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman is just wondering....what do you think the odds are that WSU and ORU schedule a game within the next say 3 years???....just guessing it's less than 5%.......image.jpeg.7771ec3c34fdebaaa90aa267d0e5218f.jpeg

Get Out Fruit GIF by Chris Cimino

• Haha 1

Not to change the subject, but did anything come out of Wichita Thursday re: terms of Paul Mills new contract?

With WSU being a state school, I would think that info would be public information, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Not to change the subject, but did anything come out of Wichita Thursday re: terms of Paul Mills new contract?

With WSU being a state school, I would think that info would be public information, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

I have been checking Google and Twitter: nothing. Unfortunately for Mills we will know what he makes. Probably tried to keep that discreet. 

22 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

The reason for posting all of this info about Tang is to raise the question: could  part of Mills' motivation to make the move to WSU be to attempt a cultural change at that university similar to what his good friend has brought about at K State? With Mill's deep devotion to his faith, and the Great Commission, I wonder if this could have been an influence. 

Good post and remember seeing that Tang deal with the chants. Good for him.

Mills like some of us here can have a loose tongue and that can deflect from our Christ Witness. I’m sure he can change culture but I don’t recall WSU fans being hostile or disrespectful. Should be interesting. Pastor Mills and the Barnyard Church of Wichita.

• Upvote 1