Confirmed: Paul Mills to Wichita State

Old Titan

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Not to change the subject, but did anything come out of Wichita Thursday re: terms of Paul Mills new contract?

With WSU being a state school, I would think that info would be public information, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

I don't believe it was announced. Wichita fans have been asking the same question. I think they still have a few years on Brown's contract.

21 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

OT, look - he’s wearing a tie!

Miss the days coaches dressed up to coach. Some coaches have gone back to that. Buzz Williams at A&M, Dan Hurley UConn, Jerry Stackhouse Vandy, & the Mizzou HC dress in slacks and button down shirt.

Just now, Dr. Cornelius said:

I don't believe it was announced. Wichita fans have been asking the same question. I think they still have a few years on Brown's contract.

Shocker fans getting their first taste of the information control that accompanies a Paul Mills reign.

Wait till they start asking about the roster and the non-conference schedule this June/July/August/September/etc.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Shocker fans getting their first taste of the information control that accompanies a Paul Mills reign.

Wait till they start asking about the roster and the non-conference schedule this June/July/August/September/etc.

How many other coaches have that kind of a grip on things? Also have you seen his quotes from the press conference yesterday? Interesting to say the least.

21 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

OT, look - he’s wearing a tie!

LOL - I missed this Thursday.  Coach Mills looking good in all his sartorial splendor.

Wonder what the over/under is on Shocker Nation seeing that outfit again this calendar year, outside of a funeral.

15 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Half Baked Boo GIF

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - I missed this Thursday.  Coach Mills looking good in all his sartorial splendor.

Wonder what the over/under is on Shocker Nation seeing that outfit again this calendar year, outside of a funeral.

The odds would be favorable for those betting against this….

Whats Vegas reporting? 😂

2 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

The reason for posting all of this info about Tang is to raise the question: could  part of Mills' motivation to make the move to WSU be to attempt a cultural change at that university similar to what his good friend has brought about at K State? With Mill's deep devotion to his faith, and the Great Commission, I wonder if this could have been an influence. 

A couple of thoughts here.

First of all, I'm impressed with your ability to see the good in everybody.  Good for you sir.  I should aspire to do more of that.  (this is sincere by the way, not sarcastic)

Second, this was a missions move?  What would LL Cool J say?  Nah, I don't think so.

Thirdly, if this were a missions thing he would be doing what Tang did with the chant to that hand signal we aren't talking about anymore.  Instead he's embracing it.

Yea, I'm still bitter about being played.

Edited by Otis 83
added note about sincerity
  • Upvote 3

Geez.....how about we just nominate Paul Mills as the next Pope......Pope Paul VII ????.....Image result for pope paul vi

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Geez.....how about we just nominate Paul Mills as the next Pope......Pope Paul XII ????.....Image result for pope paul vi

Theological Holy War…….😂

• Like 1

Wonder if Coach Mills will be scheduling Haskell next season?....it's a lot shorter bus ride to Wichita than Tulsa......:hc_mills:

• Haha 4

Random thought: did mills know he was taking the WSU job before the SL tournament? Is that why he felt permission to be so critical? 

41 minutes ago, ORUalum11 said:

Random thought: did mills know he was taking the WSU job before the SL tournament? Is that why he felt permission to be so critical? 

5 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Wichita State didn’t fire their coach until March 11 - so, no. 

Although based on a comment I heard from (unnamed), I think he knew he was going somewhere by the time the SLT started. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article273595485.html

5 Year Contract - $1.25 Million and goes up per year. $8.5 Million in 5 years.

Assuming Mills fulfills his appearance obligations to earn his stipends and receives his retention bonus, he will earn $1.534 million his first year, $1.594 million his second year, $1.714 million his third year, $1.789 million his fourth year and $1.914 million his fifth year.

Edited by ORUFanbase
  • Upvote 1