Confirmed: Paul Mills to Wichita State

Old Titan

WSU is ranked 91st in the Sports Madness top 144 list.  They only bring back about 17 points from last year's team that went 14-17.  So, it is a rebuild for Coach Mills and staff.

The Shockers have been winning their games in Greece by double digits and it seems like they have some solid transfers.

If TheEagleman were a betting man I would lay odds that the Shockers finish under .500......😛

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

If TheEagleman were a betting man I would lay odds that the Shockers finish under .500......😛

Yes, but he will be about a million dollars richer for that year's sub-.500 campaign!  Just sayin'!

• Upvote 1

ORU could finish under .500 too. 😛

• Upvote 1

It is a good point Eagleman: that ORU may have a losing season.  One of the reasons, I believe Coach Mills left is that he knew ORU had reached its heights.  He knew Max, Connor and others would leave and he would be back to rebuilding at ORU.  So either rebuild in Tulsa or go rebuild in Wichita for more money.  He likes a challenge and Mills had already accomplished that with the Eagles, so time for a new challenge.

Coach Springmann will earn his paycheck this year and has a tough schedule to boot.  He will get ORU back to the dance but it will just take some time.

• Upvote 5

On 8/8/2023 at 1:19 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

WSU is ranked 91st in the Sports Madness top 144 list.  They only bring back about 17 points from last year's team that went 14-17.  So, it is a rebuild for Coach Mills and staff.

The Shockers have been winning their games in Greece by double digits and it seems like they have some solid transfers.

Interesting……😳

On 8/8/2023 at 9:33 PM, theeagleman5 said:

The Office Smile GIF

Welp that can’t be good for Mills can have an over .500 record and win the conference or be the 2nd team in the dance. 

• 7 months later...

One year ago today.....   A lot has changed in one year.  Looking forward to what is ahead, but always cherish where we have been.  We have a lot to be thankful for and a lot of upside still to anticipate.

• Upvote 4