• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DChief....does ORU have a real shot at this kid?....would you prefer Williams or Washington?.... :!:

oh man..that would be so hard to choose...I hav never seen Williams play...but if Kentucky signed him...he definitely has to be good, but idk how much of a shot we hav at Washington anymore since OU is in the equation...and he really enjoyed Murray visit as well...i kno on his facebook he is talkn about how big of a decision he has to make.....at this point i have no idea where we stand to be honest ... :I

on anouther note....OU is now talking with Tank Mayberry...who recently signed with a JC team...if he did decide to go there...he would still be able to sign with them and play this year since his other school was a JC that he signed with

Probably a good indication that there's a decision to be made (Washington). If OU had offered, there probably wouldn't be a question to ask.

Appears there might be a game of "Chicken" being played right now: if someone waits too long for some other school to come through, treating ORU like some sort of "fall back" plan, they might just end up nowhere, if one or two other recruits step up and claim the scholarship(s) we have to offer.

The way I see it, the first man to raise his hand gets the honor of becoming a Golden Eagle: c'mon now, who wants it? :muscle:

Appears there might be a game of "Chicken" being played right now: if someone waits too long for some other school to come through, treating ORU like some sort of "fall back" plan, they might just end up nowhere, if one or two other recruits step up and claim the scholarship(s) we have to offer.

The way I see it, the first man to raise his hand gets the honor of becoming a Golden Eagle: c'mon now, who wants it? :muscle:

I think that once the first scholarship is taken, the second will go pretty quick. 8)

sooners down to 4 scholarship players...gotta think they will offer washington...

Sooners' Gallon to declare for NBA draft

"The scholarship players remaining at OU are guards Cade Davis and Steven Pledger and forwards Andrew Fitzgerald and Kyle Hardrick."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/a ... RMAN935245

And didn't Pledger and Fitzgerald have some problems with the laww this past season?

That is a slow moving train wreck.

Geez OU is going to be bad next year. I know it is the Big 12 but you are going to get pounded pretty much the whole year.

I'm sure they will get a couple more players that will help next year; seems like they always do.

Here is the current recruiting situation (we think):

CJ Washington (6'7" forward) - Connors State juco all-American. I think he is our #1 target. It appears it is down to us and Oklahoma. Waiting to see what OU does.

Jake Lliteras (6'5" shooting guard) - high school player from North Carolina. Have heard the coaches really like him; great basketball IQ.

Donald Williams (6'5" small foward/guard) - prep school player from Maryland; originally signed with Gillispie at Kentucky but de-committed. Is considering Ole Miss, Coastal Carolina and ORU.

Reese Holliday (6'4" shooting guard/wing) - high school player from Kansas City (POY); originally signed with UWGB but de-committed when the coach left to take a job at Toledo. Is now considering Toldeo and ORU. Seems to know Dominique Morrison and Rod Pearson, who are also from KC.

Bo Barnes (6'4" shooting guard) - Westwinf Prep/AZ: still has not signed wit anyone. He has lots of offers.

Don't forget Orlan Jackman from Seminole Junior College, who came up this past weekend for an unofficial visit. He's a 6'-5" wing from London - a Mikey Manghum connection?

It appears OU has made an offer to Washington.

Chris Washington: So i woke up on my 21th birthday with a message for OUs head coach saying they wanna offer me. Good birthday so far ill say.. (via Facebook)

Well that is just lovely CJ!

:D:D:D

You could kind of see that coming. If he was waiting for word from OU before deciding on ORU, and OU is hurting as badly as they are, it seemed pretty likely that they'd offer.

I guess there's still a small chance he will see the light, but that chance appears to grow smaller all the time.

It appears OU has made an offer to Washington.

Chris Washington: So i woke up on my 21th birthday with a message for OUs head coach saying they wanna offer me. Good birthday so far ill say.. (via Facebook)

Kind of an odd series of events.

What sort of "message" from OU? A voicemail? A "Facebook" post? Was it a "Tweet"?

And what does "they wanna offer me" really mean? Are they actually offering him, or do they "wanna offer", which implies there might be some expectations that need to be met beforehand?

And how do we know he's not just flattered by their offer, but still hasn't decided on a school yet?

I'll give up hope once he says he's actually signed with someone else, or when OU announces he has.

Until then: Happy Birthday, CJ! :^:

TheEagleman only wants players who really want to be at ORU....not a 2nd choice....I'll gladly take Literas, Williams or Barnes..... ;)