Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes they do Terry!

they are looking for a shooter and an athletic 4 or 5 like Owens or Craion. Lot of time on the road right now for the coaches.

Sorry, boys, but in case you haven't noticed, the mid-majors still in the fight (St. Mary's, Northern Iowa, Butler, etc.) all have at least ONE truly effective big man in the middle.

Having great shooters is fine - as long as you have that presence in the post to keep the defense honest.

Otherwise, the better teams with length and quickness on the perimeter tend to shut down mid-major 3-point-shooting teams when it counts (see: Gonzaga, BYU, Utah State, Memphis, Houston, etc. this year)

We need to get some girth underneath, else we will look pretty one-dimensional next year.

Sorry, boys, but in case you haven't noticed, the mid-majors still in the fight (St. Mary's, Northern Iowa, Butler, etc.) all have at least ONE truly effective big man in the middle.

Having great shooters is fine - as long as you have that presence in the post to keep the defense honest.

Otherwise, the better teams with length and quickness on the perimeter tend to shut down mid-major 3-point-shooting teams when it counts (see: Gonzaga, BYU, Utah State, Memphis, Houston, etc. this year)

We need to get some girth underneath, else we will look pretty one-dimensional next year.

If we can find a big man for next year we HAVE to make sure he's instructed not to use the f- word - fluke!! Other teams' fans REALLY get their knickers in a wad over that word.

Other teams' fans REALLY get their knickers in a wad over that word.

Seriously! |(

Yeah, they don't mind the other F- word. That word is okay, even around kids and all. But don't use the word "fluke", especially around any reporters or press- types, or you will be branded for the remainder of your college tenure. :geek:

I think DBH is gonna make a HUGE impact next year.

Don't get me wrong - I like DBH, too, but he's foul prone, and the only players we have who even resemble a pivot player are Tim Morton, who's coming off a serious knee injury and hasn't played a sanctioned basketball of any kind since three years ago in high school; and Javier Nassare, who is truly a "4" or a "3", and for whatever reason hasn't been in the coaches' game plan since he joined the team.

If we could land a nice, thick post player to back up Damen 10-15 minutes a game, I would feel a lot better. One of those burly, land-locked, Northern Iowa/IUPUI type guys with tattoos and permanent beard stubble would be great. :muscle:

Well if all the Aussies had not decided to go out west nowdays that would help! I think St. Mary's has 5 or 6 of them on their team now.

Butler plays with 1 big guy and then a lot of shooters and has one NBA player and that helps. Northern Iowa is sure fun to watch with their big corn fed guys and then the tough little guards that can fill it up. That shot by the little guard took big time guts!

If Gonzaga could have hit some shots they may still be in it. Already rumors that GJ is looking to transfer out.

ORU has 4 guys that are basically centers already for next year. Craion can play small or big forward as can Morrison. Got 3 point guards but you can play 2 of them at the same time along with Stokes and Niles.

Would take one of N. Iowa or St. Mary's shooters in a heartbeat!!! They would make a world of difference for ORU.

Then they have to replace Craion after next year and that is a big focus right now.

Wondering where all the OU players are going to end up as i think i read they are going to be down to 6 scholarship players for next year. Not a great thing in the Big 12!

You know you are a jerk when your coach tells you to turn pro because you don't have a scholarship anymore.(Willie Warren)!

yea crazy Tommy Mason-Griffin turning pro and Ray Willis transfering...Tiny Gallon may lose his eligibility

PC West basketball standout Tyler Neal commits to OU

(excerpt)

BETHANY — The wait was worth it for Tyler Neal.

The Putnam City West basketball standout gave his verbal commitment to Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel on Thursday, a day after receiving a scholarship offer.

Neal visited the Norman campus on Wednesday, and after taking a day to contemplate the offer, the 6-foot-6 forward made his decision, PC West coach Tim Stogsdill said.

After a solid junior year, Neal had some mid-major opportunities like Oral Roberts, but decided to wait until after his senior season to decide on a college. Capel began showing interest in late February.

Neal averaged 18.6 points and 8.3 rebounds per game, earning Oklahoma Gatorade Player of the Year honors. He helped the Patriots to the Class 6A semifinals in their first state tournament appearance since 1977.

Neal’s commitment should help to ease a little of the recent turmoil surrounding the OU roster.

link: http://www.newsok.com/pc-west-basketbal ... le/3449221

Don't get me wrong - I like DBH, too, but he's foul prone, and the only players we have who even resemble a pivot player are Tim Morton, who's coming off a serious knee injury and hasn't played a sanctioned basketball of any kind since three years ago in high school; and Javier Nassare, who is truly a "4" or a "3", and for whatever reason hasn't been in the coaches' game plan since he joined the team.

If we could land a nice, thick post player to back up Damen 10-15 minutes a game, I would feel a lot better. One of those burly, land-locked, Northern Iowa/IUPUI type guys with tattoos and permanent beard stubble would be great. :muscle:

I thnk you will see a QUANTUM leap from DBH next year. All the guy needs is playing time and confidence.

I think he will be an all-conference performer this year. 12 PPG & 10 RPG this coming year. Mark it down.

So that is what Neal has been waiting on all year. Hope he likes playing on a terrible OU team next year.

DBH would really help if he takes that leap voice!

we had a recruit visit yesterday (3/26)...he didnt look like any of the players that I have on top of our board..idk who he was....he looked like he was about 6'8 maybe...post player...I didnt get a chance to see if he was good though b/c I was leaving the AC as they were about to begin playing