Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

Watching some of these lower seeded teams (St Marys, Ohio, etc) play and win against bigger schools with better athletes shows how important having shooters is. They also typically play strong, fundamental basketball (good defense and take care of the ball). It would be nice to get a shooter to go along with Niles and McClintock.

nice - trying to bring the thread back on track :lol:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a shame that a school like TCU can beat out a program like ORU. I have to believe that the regulations that the administration puts on student life, have to effect us in recruiting dramatically.

We've managed to sign blue-chip recruits for decades with university rules MUCH more strict than they are these days - no excuse.

We've managed to sign blue-chip recruits for decades with university rules MUCH more strict than they are these days - no excuse.

In an effort to respect Terry's efforts to get this thread back on topic, I'm not going to supply a rebuttal to this.

For now, back to listening to my favorite Bob Dylan song, "The Times They Are a-Changin'" ;)

I don't mind the discussion (in fact, I would encourage it). It just needs to take place in the Free for All forum.

That's VillAnova, Terry.....tough loss today but they have been playing poorly for 3 weeks now....St. Mary's was not to be denied today....and how about Northern Iowa?.....Billy Self looked a little green in those last few minutes on the sidelines...the KU faithful can't be happy with this loss today vs. a slightly above average bunch of white boys from corn country.....hats off to the Panthers for a huge effort....and yes, see what hitting some 3 pt. shots can do?.....ORU needs to get a couple of those....offer that kid Tyler Neal from Putnam City anything he wants!..... ;)

Sorry, did not proof read my post.... :$ I'm just glad to see the big guys go down. I would love to see a mid-major final four or even a championship that had two 'small conference' schools. Look for the refs to step in though.

K-State looks good so far; nice shooting, tough defense and good rebounding. (Why is BYU playing that zone? The Wildcats are getting numerous offensive rebounds.) The refs are also helping K-State.

I would never want ORU to leave its mission, and really I don't think ORU has a lot of major rules that differ from any other college, just a couple of major ones...but I'm not sure that changing rules would divert ORU from its original purpose.

Can we say that we've never lost athletes or students because of the rules? Even with the rules, I think students will find every way to get around them.

I would think students 'signing-out' for the night or the weekend may put them in more harm than allowing them to come back to campus, if something were to happen while they were away from campus. Some students are very afraid of dealing with the consequences of breaking curfew if they would have to come back to school, or having someone finding out what they were doing away from ORU. The campus should be more of a safe haven.

ORU is an open and forgiving place in every area except with its own students. Closing down the campus at a certain time is fine, all schools do that, but I don't understand not letting your students come back. People eventually have to make decisions for themselves. Many schools have changed with the times, and I think ORU would not suffer without some of these rules.

Another interesting thing about all of the coaching changes will be the impact on recruits who have either already signed or made verbal commitments. Will they change their minds and go somewhere else causing a cascade effect on recruits? Lots of moving parts and it won't be played out until all of the new coaches are in place.

Neal really doesn't have an interest in ORU and not because of lack of trying by the staff. His teammate Fields is very good and is probably a Big 12 type of starter and will be a good one for TCU.

gota new name that has came out of nowhere.....He is the cousin of Caron Butler...has started showing interest in us...he took a Louisville visit last week thought...so this guy is probably going to be pretty hard to bring in...he is a 3star...very athletic

P.J. Lockridge | SF

Hometown Racine, WI

High School Heat Basketball Academy

Position rank Small Forward # 51 on espn.com.....ranked #46 on scout.com

Height 6'5"

Weight 200 lbs.

http://hsvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=412&p ... id=4447868

gotta wonder if caron's trade to dallas helps w/this guy. according to the link they are pretty close.

link: http://www.i95ballerz.com/story%20-%20p ... ridge.html

here's another name that i don't think has popped up before

Former Scottsdale Christian guard Bo Barnes has greatly benefited from the year at Westwind Prep International, after receiving no D.I offers last year. Trousdale said that the 6-4 Barnes has offers from 11 D.I schools: Hawaii, American, La Salle, St. Bonaventure, Oral Roberts, Central Connecticut, Rider, East Carolina, Albany, Evansville, Quinnipiac.

link: http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/R ... bert/76721

here's another name that i don't think has popped up before

Former Scottsdale Christian guard Bo Barnes has greatly benefited from the year at Westwind Prep International, after receiving no D.I offers last year. Trousdale said that the 6-4 Barnes has offers from 11 D.I schools: Hawaii, American, La Salle, St. Bonaventure, Oral Roberts, Central Connecticut, Rider, East Carolina, Albany, Evansville, Quinnipiac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPvj7E9ZafY

And can you say "NBA range"?

White boy can shoot! Signing him = less foul calls when we play in the Dakotas :lol: