Re: Spring 2009 Signees Thread

Old Titan

Very good weekend for the guys!!

Should announce a couple by the end of the week; both the swing and the big guy are set to come to ORU!

Great job by the coaches as both will really help for next year.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• darrenj

• theeagleman5

Should announce a couple by the end of the week; both the swing and the big guy are set to come to ORU!

That's good news - should be interesting to see if they can compete in the fall for some genuine playing time.

I would assume that the coaches like him because of his apparent (from your comments) effort on defense. If this player can play defense - he will get some playing time.

Not sure it is possible.... lots of hoops for him to jump through. Even if he could jump through them, I'm not sure he could get approved or have eligibility.

I've heard rumors of vealy possibly coming back as a walkon. Any weight to them? Has anyone else heard the same?

I've been told that Marchello (or any other NCAA D-1 student-athlete in the same situation) would first have to graduate from another four-year school by this August, and play his "fourth-season-within-five-years" as a grad student, regardless of whether he was on scholarship or a walk-on.

I don't think you need to be Danny Sheridan to figure out the odds on that happening...  :|

Would be very suprised if the 6'6" swing guy is not a top 6 or 7 player next year.

What about the second guy we are supposed to be signing?  Not a contributor for next year?

Not sure it is possible.... lots of hoops for him to jump through. Even if he could jump through them, I'm not sure he could get approved or have eligibility.

He's got the athleticism to do it :roll: . . .

How little?...... :-D.....hopefully better than Ford who only seems to have the slam dunk in his repetoire...... :-P

the suspense is over! oru signs 2 Jucos mike craion 6'5" g out of independence kan 17.5 pts 9 rebs and 6'9' javier nasarre from northern tonkawa 8.9 pts 5.4 rebs

To quote Paul Newman from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...."Who are those guys?"...... :-P

Have our coaches ever let us down on the recruiting trail?  Not that I remember. Everything always works out for the best.  We just need to have faith  :-D

Anyone notice our roster is slowly growing in both maturity and height...

Coach Sutton is going to have a hard time deciding who should be in the rotation and who shouldn't. I think any one of these 11 guys has a legit chance of gaining consistent playing time. It will be interesting to see if the new juco's have what it takes to steal a starting position.

Ken Holdmen -      6-1 - So.

Roderick Pearson -  6-2 - Sr

Hunter McClintock  6-2 - Fr.

Beloved Rogers -      6-2 - So.

Kyron Stokes -          6-5- RSo.

Michael Craion -        6-5 - Jr

Dominique Morrison - 6-6- So.

Tim Morton -              6-9 - So.

Kevin Ford -                6-9 - Sr.

Damen Bell-Holter      6-9 - Fr.

Javier Nasarre -          6-9 - Jr

I still see coach sticking with an 8-9 man rotation max...especially when it gets to conference season

Anyone notice our roster is slowly growing in both maturity and height...

Coach Sutton is going to have a hard time deciding who should be in the rotation and who shouldn't. I think any one of these 11 guys has a legit chance of gaining consistent playing time. It will be interesting to see if the new juco's have what it takes to steal a starting position.

Ken Holdmen -      6-1 - So.

Roderick Pearson -  6-2 - So

Hunter McClintock  6-2 - Fr.

Beloved Rogers -      6-2 - So.

Kyron Stokes -          6-5- RSo.

Michael Craion -        6-5 - Jr

Dominique Morrison - 6-6- So.

Tim Morton -              6-9 - So.

Kevin Ford -                6-9 - Sr.

Javier Nasarre -          6-9 - Jr

Damen Bell-Holter  6-10 - Fr.