Re: Spring 2009 Signees Thread

Old Titan

Will be interested to see him in live D-1 action.  No judgements good or bad from me till then.

I agree that our enthusiasm should be tempered by the fact that he has not played D-1 basketball yet and that he is a freshman.... but his statistics (and the YouTube viedos) indicate he has ability. And the level of competition he faced in practice at the Patterson School as well as other prep schools was pretty stout.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• darrenj

• theeagleman5

From the Tulsa World website:

ORU basketball: Eagles sign guard

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

Published: 4/16/2009  1:32 PM

The Oral Roberts basketball team played without a true point guard last season. As things stand now, the Golden Eagles will play with two in 2009-10.

Hunter McClintock, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound, left-handed guard from Burlington, N.C., signed to play for ORU on Thursday.

“I love passing the ball,” McClintock said. “It makes me feel like I’ve scored when somebody else scores after I’ve passed them the ball.”

continued....ORU Basketball:  Eagles Sign Guard

“I love passing the ball,” McClintock said. “It makes me feel like I’ve scored when somebody else scores after I’ve passed them the ball.”

I love this quote......

From the Tulsa World website:

ORU basketball: Eagles sign guard

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

Published: 4/16/2009  1:32 PM

The Oral Roberts basketball team played without a true point guard last season. As things stand now, the Golden Eagles will play with two in 2009-10.

Hunter McClintock, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound, left-handed guard from Burlington, N.C., signed to play for ORU on Thursday.

continued....ORU Basketball:  Eagles Sign Guard

Leave a comment on this article. You may have to create an account with on Tulsa World site... kind of a hassle but if we can get enough people commenting it will build a buzz.

TheEagleman loves this signing of a true PG who can pass the ball as well as be an outside threat....with Pearson starting, McClintock can hopefully get some valuable experience as a Freshman off the bench....with Stokes and Rogers at 2-guard and Morrison at the 3 or a swing position...we are really going to be improved in the backcourt this next season....obviously, a lot is going to depend on the maturation of Ford and DBH..... :-)

Hopefully they can add one more in the next week or so and i think that would wrap it up for the year.

Don't usually hear about transfers until the summer once school is out. There sure are a lot out there right now.

I know we have talked about some recruit possibilities in the past but has anyone heard if Deaque Montreal is in the mix? This would put us over the top. Just checking :-o

I know we have talked about some recruit possibilities in the past but has anyone heard if Deaque Montreal is in the mix? This would put us over the top. Just checking :-o

Possible, but unlikely.  Read this post and following for the last we heard on Daequon.

I've been following Montreal's recruiting and it seems he's leaning towards UCF, I believe....maybe it is USF. Last I've heard he's making visits to Boise State and Arkansas to make his final decision. Would have been a good one to snatch up!

here is anouther player rivals says we hav offered DeAndre Brown JC PG....on one rivals page it says he is a 3star then on anouther it says no stars, so im not shure, anyone know any thing about him?  It shows we hav offered

3star

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=49896&Sport=2

no stars

http://oralroberts.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=94085

scout.com has him as a 1star

I think I got a lil carried away with the whole stats thing. His stats looked great minus the FT shooting, but its hard to tell weather stats can tell the whole story on a kid who plays on a mediocre NJCAA team. I could be wrong but maybe the offer was made to him as a "Plan B" in case Hunter didn't sign. I just feel like we have enough PG's. On the other hand, you really can't have to many pg's. Maybe coach plans on putting hunter at the 2 and they want another seasoned backup for Pearson and Holdmen. The only stats I could really find on him were in the 5 game season tourney and some general stats on the NJCAA website.

Region XIV men’s basketball honors

ALL-REGION

MVP: DeAndre Brown, Navarro

FIRST TEAM

DeAndre Brown, Navarro

http://www.news-journal.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/sideline/entries/2009/03/09/region_xiv_mens_basketball_hon.html

2009 Region 14 Men's Basketball Tourn.

Tournament Individual Leaders (as of Mar 09, 2009)

#1 DeAndre Brown

POINTS  G  FGM-FGA  Pts/G  Pct    3GM-3GA    FTM-FTA          Ast.

123    5  45-90      24.6  50%  18-40 45% 15-22 68.2%  18

Out of the 14 Juco's schools in the tourney Deandre Brown scored the most points.

THREE-POINT FIELD GOALS (At least 10 attempts)

Player . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . G FG-FGA PCT.

DeAndre Brown, Navarro . . . . . . . . . .  5 18-40 45.0%

ASSISTS

Player ...........................................G TOT. AVG.

DeAndre Brown, Navarro ..............  5 18  3.6

http://www.uttyler.edu/athletics/statistics/2008-2009/njcaamen/tourldrs.htm

http://www.region14athletics.org/Week%201%20Men's%20Stats.pdf

His team finished 26-11 & 13-6 in-Conf

Team lost in conf championship

2009 NJCAA All-Americans

DeAndre Brown, SO. Guard - 1st Team All-American

Conference MVP

DeAndre Brown, SO

TYLER — TYLER — The Navarro Runnin’ Bulldogs are headed back to the Region XIV Championship Game for the third consecutive year, thanks to the late game heroics of sophomore guard DeAndre Brown.

“Coach (Johnny) Estelle always tells us to have confidence in what we do,” Brown said. “So I felt like it was on me to take the last shot.

“DeAndre is an unbelievable kid,” Navarro coach Johnny Estelle said. “He is a winner ... he has always been a winner.”

http://www.navarrocollege.edu/athletics.php?sport=Basketball&id=25

During his entire 08-09 season

GP      Total FGM (2pt. & 3pt.) FGM(3) FTM    PTS        Ind Ave

32.0          205.0                 61.0        88.0  559.0    17.469

I know the popular adage is "take the best player" but with Pearson and Hunter would we be off looking for a wing/forward?

I would be happy to add one big and this point guard. Let Hunter play the two and then we have a great back up for the point with some experience. That gives us two at each position with one combo guard to help in the backcourt. That is my take. This year will be very interesting to say the least. A 6'8" power forward would be great and especially if he is a juco with some experience.  :-o

I would be happy to add one big and this point guard. Let Hunter play the two and then we have a great back up for the point with some experience. That gives us two at each position with one combo guard to help in the backcourt. That is my take. This year will be very interesting to say the least. A 6'8" power forward would be great and especially if he is a juco with some experience.  :-o

I think if we had a 6'8" forward to sign we would...

Hunter averaged 11.2 points shooting 58% from 3.  That tells me he is very good at selecting shots (which will be a new concept for us).  Obviously he had a great supporting cast at Patterson and did not need to shoot much.  Let's hope the average does not come down too much if he is needed to shoot a little more.

Welcome to ORU, Hunter.  You picked one of the most exciting times in ORU history to come and it is THE place to be right now for more reasons than just basketball.