Re: Spring 2009 Signees Thread

Old Titan

Since we've had a couple of eponymous threads on this topic run off then back on the road a couple of times the past few weeks, what say we have this thread serve as the place for announcements/commentary/YouTube links/rumors/etc. about all our new guys, at least until the Spring Signing Period closes on May 20.

If for any other reason than the family and friends of the signees can easily figure out exactly where we are saying nice things about their boys, without them having to wade through stuff like me and Voice calling each other names.  :-D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• darrenj

• theeagleman5

Your a man of Structure OT. I think you and my wife would get along very well.

So what websites should we be monitoring for the signees? I was thinking the Tulsa World will post their info before orugoldeneagles.com.

Your a man of Structure OT. I think you and my wife would get along very well.

Ar you just trying to get me to run this thread in the ditch with a set-up like that?  :lol:

The Athletic Department website should have something on McClintock later today; followed by Tulsa World.com, with some quotes.

After that, barring anything on those two sites about anyone else, Rivals.com, Scout.com, and just good ol' Google searches on "Oral Roberts basketball" news items usually seems to do the trick.

I had a pretty decent rant in this space earlier in the evening, regarding our "0-fer" on signings today.

Thought better of it later.

For those who saw it before I removed it:  I meant every word.

For those who didn't, but are merely curious, shoot me a PM and I'll send it for your critique.

Yawn........... :-D

I had a pretty decent rant in this space earlier in the evening, regarding our "0-fer" on signings today.

Thought better of it later.

For those who saw it before I removed it:  I meant every word.

For those who didn't, but are merely curious, shoot me a PM and I'll send it for your critique.

I saw it, OT, and agreed with you on most points.  I only hope there's a good explanation for the delay (although it will never be provided publicly) and that all is going well behind the scenes.  These are "Rolaids" days for the suits on the bench - and I don't envy them one bit!

As the old saying goes....better to be the Hunter than the Hunted!!

Looking forward to four years of Carolina basketball on an Oklahoma court, Hunter!

Congratulations, Scott and the boys!!

Fifty-eight percent from three point range???

WE LOVE YOU, HUNTER!!! ;D ;D

I totally agree!! And don't forget about DBH. A good outside shooter will really help him control the paint.

This is the part of the article that especially excites me - "He finished his high school career ranked second in North Carolina high school history in career three-pointers (366) and career free throws (534)."

To rank high in both categories is very rare, since pure three-point shooters normally don't draw a lot of fouls.  This kid has the tools to shoot (well), drive to the basket, dish to a teammate, draw fouls, and convert the FT attempt.  WOW!

This is the part of the article that especially excites me - "He finished his high school career ranked second in North Carolina high school history in career three-pointers (366) and career free throws (534)."

To rank high in both categories is very rare, since pure three-point shooters normally don't draw a lot of fouls.  This kid has the tools to shoot (well), drive to the basket, dish to a teammate, draw fouls, and convert the FT attempt.  WOW!

Ooooooooh, yeaaaaaaah!!!

A player who is a threat to hit a perimeter shot and also can drive to the basket or distribute the ball to a teammate is a powerful offensive weapon.It appears from the videos that he is a good ball handler and passer. I especially like that he make long outlet passes (Ford should like that too) as well as his ability to make entry passes into the post.

Welcome aboard Hunter.... We look forward to four years of watching you play.

Agreed, his passing ability is what impresses me the most.  Great signing.  Cant wait to watch him play.

Agreed, his passing ability is what impresses me the most.  Great signing.  Cant wait to watch him play.

Will be interested to see him in live D-1 action.  No judgements good or bad from me till then.

A player who is a threat to hit a perimeter shot and also can drive to the basket or distribute the ball to a teammate is a powerful offensive weapon.It appears from the videos that he is a good ball handler and passer. I especially like that he make long outlet passes (Ford should like that too) as well as his ability to make entry passes into the post.

Welcome aboard Hunter.... We look forward to four years of watching you play.

Think this signing will increase the number of monster jams we see from Kevin?  We may start seeing Ford hanging around the midcourt line on defense waiting for Hunter to get the defensive rebound. :wink: