ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

I think it's so cool that former ORU Titan Mike Batesole (1983-85) was the coach of Fresno State when they shocked the world by winning the CWS in 2008! Maybe he'll be at our games this weekend?? Pep talk, anyone?

• Like 3

Gollert is 10-1 with a ERA of 4.00....so TheEagleman will give him a pass for the last game vs. Washington....stuff happens....he's our man for Game 2....our 3 top starters (Hall, Gollert and Fowler) are a combined 27-5 on the season.....but have to agree with Old Titan that it may take a lot of runs to win in PK Ballpark.....ORU needs to score early and often....but no 5 run lead will be safe.....could be some late nights in Eugene.....😬

• Like 1

Same here...the excitement is palpable.  Wearing my ORU polo for work video conferences today but will switch to my navy blue ORU tshirt with the Eagles logo for game time.  It is officially my lucky shirt.  ORU is 6-0 in the post season when I wear that shirt!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Same here...the excitement is palpable.  Wearing my ORU polo for work video conferences today but will switch to my navy blue ORU tshirt with the Eagles logo for game time.  It is officially my lucky shirt.  ORU is 6-0 in the post season when I wear that shirt!!!

Did you ever get their baseball cap?

10 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Did you ever get their baseball cap?

Not a legit one. I got this mid one about a year ago. It works but not the type of lid I prefer. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dd75cf775f4437bfac639362b0f4f027.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Thank you, OU Softball!

So Game 1 is on ESPN and #2 is on ESPNU? And #3 on ESPN+?

• Upvote 1

I have an old oru hat but need to buy one with the flame. Have a softball game tonight and will be wearing that cap!

let’s go Oru!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

This is an incredible opportunity for ORU and the baseball program. The last time ORU was in the Super Regionals (2006), the Eagles were paired up with #1 National Seed Clemson. Although ORU played them tough, Clemson was a very challenging opponent, and the margin for error was very slim.

This year, the draw is Oregon - a #2 seed. If the tournament had been re-seeded after the Regionals, it is likely that Oregon would have been seeded 15 and ORU as 16. No offense to the Ducks (as they are still favored and have the home field advantage), but this is as favorable a draw as ORU could ever hope for in a Super Regional.

Now, just have to go out and execute our game plan!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, titansforever said:

So Game 1 is on ESPN and #2 is on ESPNU? And #3 on ESPN+?

Your info for game 1 and 2 agrees with the ORU athletics website.  I don't know that the channel for the "if necessary" game has been announced.

Dom Izzo is the voice of NDSU athletics, with a daily sports talk show in Fargo, ND and was the play-by-play man for the Summit League tournament broadcast couple of weeks ago.  He's become a true believer of ORU Baseball in a short time!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

FYI:  posting links to subscription sites with paywalls is a waste of everyone's time.

Just sayin'... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

FYI:  posting links to subscription sites with paywalls is a waste of everyone's time.

Just sayin'... 🤔

Just saw that. The one plus is the PR for ORU. Great for the University and Athletics. 

The downer is that one can’t read the links. 

Valid point made @Old Titan

Edited by Elis Flight Crew