ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

Commissioner Fenton:  “This is huge. This is arguably the biggest thing that’s ever happened competitively in this league.”  😯👀🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

I don't know where to put this question but I was wondering what does ORU get as far as $$ for winning the Super regionals? I'm sure it's no where as good as college basketball.

Nothing will be distributed from my understanding. (Follow link above.) Basketball is unique from that perspective.

Summit commissioner addresses briefly:

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

Nothing will be distributed from my understanding. (Follow link above.) Basketball is unique from that perspective.

Summit commissioner addresses briefly:

Ok thanks!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

The Eagles have a great connection to 2 of the 3 #4 seeds advancing to the CWS.

2008 Fresno St, advanced to the CWS as #4 seed- outcome National Champions- Coached by former ORU 3rd baseman (and athletic dorm legend) Mike Batesole.

2023 ORU, advanced to the CWS as a #4 seed- outcome?

The so-called experts keep underestimating ORU baseball..., our legacy and tradition run deep and will continue to grow in Omaha this next week or so! Go Eagles!!! 

• Like 4

As seen on Twitter and Facebook. Can someone verify from another source, please?

IMG_1425.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awesome!  I don’t have to change my flights. 

If you’re going to Omaha and you’re interested in meeting up for a game or two on Saturday PM me. 

Like most people, I’m nicer in person than I am on the internet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ORob1 said:

I hope you're right, Otis!  Afterall, I wouldn't want our coaches and players to be lumped in with crazy fans like @Texasgrip and @OKC Eagle...From what I gather, they've been known to get a little vocal too!  

That's hardly fair. I haven't yelled at an ump (in person) since June 3rd, 2023. It's been even longer for basketball (live).

• Haha 3

Just watched Stanford vs. Texas at Stanford (Stanford won the game on a walkoff pop up that the fielders lost in the twilight - the ball just dropped in the middle of four players staring into the sky). 

WHAT A DIFFERENCE in the behavior in the stands during the game compared to what we witnessed in Oregon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:36 PM, TrueBlue82 said:

Actually, I had a family conflict and didn’t get to game one.  But, the cavalry train is leaving early in the morning and I’ll be present in Eugene for game two.  And I hope our boys make sure that the frat boys don’t take off their shirts tomorrow!

I personally had a great time in Eugene, and the staff and fans were all nice to my small group. But obviously others' experiences varied. It was nice seeing Bogus and MrsSmith, and meeting TrueBlue82 to document the super regional championship:

ORUTex-TrueBlue82 Eugene champs selfie.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

I personally had a great time in Eugene, and the staff and fans were all nice to my small group. But obviously others' experiences varied. It was nice seeing Bogus and MrsSmith, and meeting TrueBlue82 to document the super regional championship:

Great to see you out in Eugene, Tex!  Hope we have a similar experience in Omaha!!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ORUTex said:

MAN! That's a great photo!!

in fact, that’s the best photo I’ve seen all day!