ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

REALLY hoping for a Friday game. If not I'll be driving staright back to Tulsa as soon as the Saturday game ends (which is totally doable, but not preferred). 

#GOBLUE

21 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

REALLY hoping for a Friday game. If not I'll be driving staright back to Tulsa as soon as the Saturday game ends (which is totally doable, but not preferred). 

#GOBLUE

Same since I bought a plane ticket last night!

Honestly i don't think anything could happen today to tick me off.....this trip to the CWS is like a dream come true...who could have imagined back in March after we got swept by Dallas Baptist that this ORU team would be heading to Omaha and the CWS after beating DBU, OSU, Washington and Oregon?....it's just incredible....we talk about Miracles....well.....here ya go!!....the Golden Eagles were one of the lead stories on ESPN Sports Center last night.....this is publicity that money cannot buy.....and plenty more of it over the next 7-10 days depending on how we fare in Omaha......ORU playing with house money now.....heck, as Tom Berenger said in Major League....we might as well win the whole dang thing!!! (yeah, TheEagleman cleaned that up a little)......:tb-blue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hoping for some top notch on site reporting from those in attendance when the team arrives back on campus this afternoon...photos and commentary would be much appreciated......This will be a huge moment and those dudes are due some hometown recognition.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

Image result for richard roberts  This is an old friend sending congrats to ORU Baseball from me and my lovely wife...however, please remind ORU Athletics that I am still owed my $500 deductible for the broken windshield back in the 90s....I have yet to be reimbursed and could really use the cash right now.........I have tried to contact Billy Wilson but he's not returning my calls......any assistance would be most appreciated.....GO BLUE!!! 

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Nice find, @SpaceManSpiff !  I am planning accordingly...

I wouldn’t make any non-changeable plans for Saturday. I’m still betting we play Friday, and that someone at the NCAA didn’t realize that the printed bracket has Bracket 2 starting on Saturday when they dropped the 4 Fri-Sun super regional winners in there. I could be wrong, and either way, it’s a ridiculous way to run a championship tournament. 

I said earlier in this thread that the Oregon coach rubbed me the wrong way.  Not sure if that was fair or not.  I watched him approach our players after the game Sunday with what appeared to be genuine congratulations and well wishes.  It wasn't just "good game, good game, good game."  He was looking them in the eye, saying a few words accompanied with a firm handshake or a hand on the shoulder.  His team appeared to be conducting themselves in a similar manner post game.

So we all took some shots at the unruly fans and what the ESPN mics picked up but that doesn't seem to carry through to the coaching staff and the team.   I hope those in attendance would agree.

• Like 2

I hope you're right, Otis!  Afterall, I wouldn't want our coaches and players to be lumped in with crazy fans like @Texasgrip and @OKC Eagle...From what I gather, they've been known to get a little vocal too!  

23 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I said earlier in this thread that the Oregon coach rubbed me the wrong way.  Not sure if that was fair or not.  I watched him approach our players after the game Sunday with what appeared to be genuine congratulations and well wishes.  It wasn't just "good game, good game, good game."  He was looking them in the eye, saying a few words accompanied with a firm handshake or a hand on the shoulder.  His team appeared to be conducting themselves in a similar manner post game.

So we all took some shots at the unruly fans and what the ESPN mics picked up but that doesn't seem to carry through to the coaching staff and the team.   I hope those in attendance would agree.

I was there and I do not agree.  I was not paying attention to the handshake line - so I cannot comment on that.  However, I would point out the illegal slide into second base in game two, as well as the intentional spiking of McMurray at first, the potentially intentional HBP of Cox on his hand (it’s hard to grip a bat with a swollen, or broken hand) the intentional interference play of their right fielder, who as was pointed out in a previous post, should have been beaned for this and his other antics.  Couple that with the use of his relief pitchers who had to be worn out from previous games, as well as the pitcher who was struck in the head with a line drive, and allowed to continue to pitch - why he didn’t go directly into a concussion protocol, in my opinion, can only be answered by the desire to win being placed over the health of a college athlete. Add into that the thugs that were brought into the stadium as fans - anyone in attendance could tell these were not baseball fans by their lack of knowledge of the game as evidenced by their ignorant cheers.

This was a very hostile environment, and I commend Tim Johnson and President Wilson for taking action that defused any potential trouble for the Sunday game, after the issues that arose on Friday and Saturday night.

Contrast this with Coach Folmer’s response to the question about using Cade Denton in game three, after he had thrown more than 60 pitches in game two - a season high for him.  He commented something to the effect that he would never want to do anything to a player that could possibly hurt his future career, and Denton did not even have his spikes on for game three.

That’s my opinion based upon what I saw - others may have seen it differently.

• Like 3

Great post, 78....can't comment on all of it but Ducks sportsmanship didn't appear to be the best and glad our guys rose above it. The leadoff hitter was total bush league and not sure if Cox was intentionally plunked and McMurray spiked on purpose but TheEagleman has to admit he wanted some payback. The pitcher who got hit in the head should NEVER have stayed in and how could the Ump allow it?? SMH....and all the challenges? A lot of little league stuff....home cooking for sure including the extra one they got late in game 2....kudos to Folmar for not using Denton....that is admirable unlike the Stanford skipper who allowed his hurler to throw 156 (yikes!) last night vs. Texas...thats malpractice!!! 😬

I don't know where to put this question but I was wondering what does ORU get as far as $$ for winning the Super regionals? I'm sure it's no where as good as college basketball.