ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

ORU's Jarrett Hardwick addresses the rumors swirling around re: scheduling issues with Oregon's home field:

FYI:  the general manager of the Class A Eugene Emeralds has tweeted out, "Pasco, here we come!", apparently referring to the suburb of Pasco, WA which has a baseball stadium suitable for hosting the minor league team this weekend.

That's OK; I'm saving my denaro for Omaha anyway! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah there is no way that the Ducks aren't hosting.....But ORU has been road warriors all season except for that weekend vs. Dallas Baptist in March....but sweet revenge was obtained last night in Stillwater......TheEagleman thinks this group of Golden Eagles loves travelling together.....a trip to Eugene, OR in June not a bad weekend....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

The Ducks haven't been to the CWS since the 50's.....Phil Knight buys that Single A team and forfeits those games if he had to.  

• Haha 1

Also, PK Stadium certainly looks just as capable of hosting 2 games a day as O’Brate was. So the A team could move to a couple afternoon games while the Eagles take care of the Ducks in the evening. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

ORU's Jarrett Hardwick addresses the rumors swirling around re: scheduling issues with Oregon's home field:

FYI:  the general manager of the Class A Eugene Emeralds has tweeted out, "Pasco, here we come!", apparently referring to the suburb of Pasco, WA which has a baseball stadium suitable for hosting the minor league team this weekend.

That's OK; I'm saving my denaro for Omaha anyway! 

Pasco is the home of the TriCity Dust Devils, the opponent that Eugene is scheduled to play.  I’m assuming that the Eugene Emeralds struck a deal to play the weekend series in Pasco in exchange for a return trip for a series later in the season. 

Point of reference for the matchup in Eugene: just last month (May 12-14) Washington swept the Ducks in Eugene,  14-5, 18-8, and 11-5.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yeah there is no way that the Ducks aren't hosting.....But ORU has been road warriors all season except for that weekend vs. Dallas Baptist in March....but sweet revenge was obtained last night in Stillwater......TheEagleman thinks this group of Golden Eagles loves travelling together.....a trip to Eugene, OR in June not a bad weekend....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

Heck Eagleman, Eugene is a garden spot compared to Fargo or Brookings.

I heard that we will find out at 9 am tomorrow the schedule for the series.

28 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Pasco is the home of the TriCity Dust Devils, the opponent that Eugene is scheduled to play.  I’m assuming that the Eugene Emeralds struck a deal to play the weekend series in Pasco in exchange for a return trip for a series later in the season. 

Initial thought was that TB82 might have to represent us all in Eugene, till I Googled that it's STILL 450 miles away from Boise - there's NOTHING very "close" in the western United States, is there?

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Initial thought was that TB82 might have to represent us all in Eugene, till I Googled that it's STILL 450 miles away from Boise - there's NOTHING very "close" in the western United States, is there?

Eight hour road trip.  Already packing my suitcase. 👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Eight hour road trip.  Already packing my suitcase. 👍

My man!  Represent!

Geez....even a hardened old dude like TheEagleman brought to tears watching the Coach Folmar video above.....we know this means a lot to him and all the guys in the dugout...but to aging alums like me, Old Titan, ORUTerry, Bogus, Otis, ORU82, OKCEagle, etc.....well....it's just not something I can put into words....never honestly thought we would ever see something like this ever again in my lifetime.....and if we were to make it to the CWS.....geez.....like Coach said above....speechless....🍺

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Got a little something in my eye watching this... 

Whew, that's pretty great...

Don't want to make excuses but Folmar's first season as head coach was ORU's first year in the Southland. Then they lost an entire season bookended by the only 2 years ORU didn't win the Mid-Con/Summit tournament.

What a job bringing this program all the way back.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, ORUalum11 said:

When will game times be announced?

We've heard 9 am CDT Tuesday.

• Upvote 2