ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

Tulsa World =  image.jpeg.2a73660735fa536851f76ea38fb531d5.jpeg

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

At least SOMEBODY is paying attention to us - can't get the Tulsa World to give us any love at all. Pretty sad coverage they've given to a significant achievement from a local school. 

58 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

The trade out dollars must be all used up.  The Tulsa World is not a news outlet....they are an opinion paper telling us what they want us to think and using wire articles to fill in all the advertisements that no one sees.  They can't even give their paper away.

20 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Tulsa World =  image.jpeg.2a73660735fa536851f76ea38fb531d5.jpeg

See below:

If you're going to Eugene and you need tickets, you can contact Paul Kabbes to buy them. Here's the info:

Paul Kabbes (ORU Athletics Deputy AD) via email at pkabbes@oru.edu or phone at 918-495-7951.

The ORU seat block is located in sections 12 and 13 of PK Park. In order to guarantee you are sitting with fellow ORU faithful, you must request your tickets through Paul. They are $18 per game and all tickets will be delivered digitally to your phone. 

Oregon Ticket Seating Map

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

The sellout doesn't surprise me at all, the Duck fans are very supportive. Eugene is a 100% college town, on a classic college campus, as I'm sure @Otis 83is well aware the exterior campus scenes in "Animal House" were filmed at the Univ. of Oregon.  

But for our guys it's just another road trip, a great opportunity to beat a P5 team and head to the CWS!  

And Bogus, as you and Mrs. Smith do some sightseeing around the beautiful state of Oregon taking in tmh's excellent recommendations, if you pass a diner at breakfast time and the huckleberries are in season, get the huckleberry pancakes! You can thank me later! Go Eagles!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ORU40 said:

The sellout doesn't surprise me at all, the Duck fans are very supportive. Eugene is a 100% college town, on a classic college campus, as I'm sure @Otis 83is well aware the exterior campus scenes in "Animal House" were filmed at the Univ. of Oregon.  

But for our guys it's just another road trip, a great opportunity to beat a P5 team and head to the CWS!  

And Bogus, as you and Mrs. Smith do some sightseeing around the beautiful state of Oregon taking in tmh's excellent recommendations, if you pass a diner at breakfast time and the huckleberries are in season, get the huckleberry pancakes! You can thank me later! Go Eagles!!

Great memory, ORU40, that "Animal House" was filmed at U of O. I was actually attending school there at the time, and I walked by on my way to class where filming was taking place at some off campus frat houses as well as at the iconic "Fishbowl" at the student union, where the food fight scene took place!! It's been way too many years ago to remember any details, but I do remember walking by when filming was going on. Good times!!  Funny thing was, it was MANY years later, and an edited-for-tv version, before I ever saw the actual movie!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the shout out @ORU40.  I'm pleased to be able to announce that The Knights and I are playing the Dexter Lake Club this weekend.  The first set starts 30 minutes after the end of the ORU/Omaha game on both Friday and Saturday nights.  If you and @Old Titan want to pick up Shelly Dubinsky and some of the other girls from Emily Dickinson College and bring them to the club you all would be more than welcomed.  I'll ask the clientele to be more hospitable than they have been in the past.

• Haha 2

TheEagleman is ready for some Super Regional Baseball....Ducks are -150 for game 1 in Vegas.... image.jpeg.066bb741993677cfaa876c4fa13bd184.jpeg

Nice article from the Omaha perspective as CWS hosts, with quotes from the Mavs coach:

• Upvote 2

The Golden Eagles enter Idaho airspace!  Now, why didn’t they offer to swing by and pick me up! 😉

73E458CC-559F-49DC-BDA9-C55130FA15B9.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

ORU is the "longest of longshots" ????.....hummmm....not sure about that but would be fun to shock the world and make it to Omaha.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Upvote 3

An article from the Oregon beat writer for 247Sports.com that's as fascinating in its inaccuracies as in its depth.

It appears the Ducks' skipper has delved just enough into the ORU scouting report to confuse himself as to who's who on the ORU roster. 

He describes Jonah Cox as "big, strong and physical"?  Umm, OK...sure! (LOL)

And their lineup is basically all juniors, seniors, and you know, 24 to 26-year-old guys. 

?????????????????????

Does their coach think their playing BYU or something?

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

?????????????????????

Does their coach think their playing BYU or something?

Just a little bit of coach-speak, with some hyperbole and exaggeration.  While we do have players with a lot of experience, I don't see any regular contributor on the roster who graduated high school earlier than 2018 except for Harley Gollert (2017).  So, Harley may qualify for the small end of the 24-26 year old range.

I definitely don't think the Ducks will take us lightly, especially given the stakes involved.  I hope that we can take an early lead and build upon it, taking the hostile crowd out of the game.

33 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Nice thing about the charter is that they could fly into the regional airport in Eugene, rather than having to fly into Portland International and still have to bus nearly two hours to get to Eugene.

• Like 3

I'm glad they arrived safely. That's an answer to prayer. Now, we pray for them to stay healthy, uninjured, and to play their best baseball this weekend. It would be so great to advance to the CWS for the first time since '78. Let this be our moment!

• Like 4

Old Titan, Bogus and Terry probably ponied up to pay for that charter flight...nobody called and asked TheEagleman   Image result for george costanza

• Upvote 2